[3.4] ARC totem hierophant. End game bosses ready

I'm having a literal blast with this build. Its been years since I played a totem build and this is the first one I've really liked!

Is Heart of Thunder node (and the three 15% lightning dmg and 12% lightning dmg nodes) worth getting? With the change to it--now gives +25% increased lightning dmg AND 6% lightning pen)--it seems like it would be a good investment. I've got the respec points to get out of it if its a waste, but right now it seems to be a solid damage booster for me.

And on the subject of buffed nodes, what about Celestial Judgment, with its damage boost and its buffed penetration, and its closeness to the other nodes in this tree, it seems also like a good choice even if its not as good as Heart of Thunder.

Normally, I stick with builds and don't really deviate from them, but after Heart of Thunder getting buffed and it being so close to other nodes, it seemed too good to not at least try. I haven't tried Celestial Judgment/Punishment yet though. Can anyone tell me if this is a good choice or have I just been wasting my passive points here?

FYI, I'm not good build-crafting, so I'm aware I could possibly be wasting nodes going for Heart of Thunder. That's why I'm here asking for input about them.
"
nikolai24 wrote:
Can some one explain to me briefly about the crit hits in this build?

-Why we take nodes for crit chance and crit dmg but use controlled destruction?
-Arc with no quality is because of elemental focus?

Thank youu.

Damezumari answer some pages ago:
reduced chance is inverse of increased chance; e.g. I have something like +400% increased in my current tree/gear so -100% means it is just +300%; I think out of the box I have 25% critrate right now without power charges or other bonuses. In the wild it is 35%-ish I think.

"
halloweendm wrote:
Is Heart of Thunder node (and the three 15% lightning dmg and 12% lightning dmg nodes) worth getting? With the change to it--now gives +25% increased lightning dmg AND 6% lightning pen)--it seems like it would be a good investment. I've got the respec points to get out of it if its a waste, but right now it seems to be a solid damage booster for me.

It's but there are many points to be spent before. What you want is the tree for level 94.

"
And on the subject of buffed nodes, what about Celestial Judgment, with its damage boost and its buffed penetration, and its closeness to the other nodes in this tree, it seems also like a good choice even if its not as good as Heart of Thunder.

Same here. It's good, but we are tight on points :)
I didn't see it if it was already asked, but would it be worth getting a 5 link soul mantle for this build? Or would I just be better off finding a rare 6 link until I can get a 6 link soul mantle?
"
Cinderbolt wrote:
I didn't see it if it was already asked, but would it be worth getting a 5 link soul mantle for this build? Or would I just be better off finding a rare 6 link until I can get a 6 link soul mantle?

Switch to Soul Mantle only when 6L.

If you don't like the gameplay with this chest you can still play with rare 6L also in the end game.
oh really? iv been playing with a 4 link and i could take out elder just fine. should i change back to my tabula?
Last edited by flamingputty on Jun 11, 2018, 10:38:58 AM
A rare 6L can give you:
- Life (around 100 should be cheap)
- Resist (if needed)
- DPS (crit chance to spell for example)

A 5L Soul Mantle:
- DPS (for the 5th totem)
- Curse on you (someone could dislike it)

The 5th totem will truly come in handy vs Guardians/Shaper/Uber Elder/Uber Atziri.
At this point you will probably have a 6L Soul Mantle.

You will still be able to win those fights with a rare 6L, the DPS is good enough anyway.
hello, thx for the build.
i'm playing totem sinc 4 days now, very happy about the build. on t9 map atm, i'm looking to progress on my gears.
can you tell me what to change?
i work on soul mantle, got one but not 56L and keep my currency for one shimmeron.

http://poe-profile.info/profile/gotmaug

thx
Over the weekend, I decided to toy around with the new Omeyocan boots.

I had to make a couple of changes to my other gear (got other gear to cover resists and some additional mana regen). So far it has been an absolute blast. It allowed me to pick up a more defensive flask (Quartz atm but still trying different things) in exchange for a little less DPS per totem. With my current gear, the boots also gave me 12% attack/spell dodge which has been nice.

Now to finish saving up for my 6L Soul Mantle...
I am using

together with

Is the 30% physical dmg conversion from boots a good idea or do you guys recommend just go with Rare boots and other Wand options?

Thank you.
Last edited by Theudys on Jun 11, 2018, 4:08:15 PM
What about using Tukohama's Fortress which gives life, armor, increased totem damage, and an extra totem?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info