[3.6] Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist

"
mic01851165 wrote:
Well, it'd be very unlikely in Delve that arc trap/ BV elementalist/ elemental hit does not get a huge nerf cuz the usage and class percentage is just so imbalance.
POB Ninja shows that this league skill usage/ class usage distribution is way worse in Incursion compare to Bestiary league, with near 100% usage of arc trap and bv ele on the respective class, on top of those 2 classes contribute to near half of the player-base.

Blade Vortex as a skill is in a good spot right now.
Elementalist ascendancy is a bit underwhelming if anything.
What pushes this build into the meta territory is the Inpulsa's armor so I expect it to get nuked in Delve. My best guess is they will change it so its explosions no longer self chain and that only enemies you kill directly explode. This is how the "Enemies killed explode dealing #% of their Life as Fire Damage" shaped weapon mod works anyway.
Sssshhhh... My inpulsa in incursion just received a double corrupt (+1 socketed gems and +2 traps and mines, which is rather useless on this build) ! Be quiet !

My precious !
"
DirtyDot wrote:
"
mic01851165 wrote:
Well, it'd be very unlikely in Delve that arc trap/ BV elementalist/ elemental hit does not get a huge nerf cuz the usage and class percentage is just so imbalance.
POB Ninja shows that this league skill usage/ class usage distribution is way worse in Incursion compare to Bestiary league, with near 100% usage of arc trap and bv ele on the respective class, on top of those 2 classes contribute to near half of the player-base.

Blade Vortex as a skill is in a good spot right now.
Elementalist ascendancy is a bit underwhelming if anything.
What pushes this build into the meta territory is the Inpulsa's armor so I expect it to get nuked in Delve. My best guess is they will change it so its explosions no longer self chain and that only enemies you kill directly explode. This is how the "Enemies killed explode dealing #% of their Life as Fire Damage" shaped weapon mod works anyway.

I think you are spot on with your assessment. Just to quote the numbers: Inpulsa is used by 85% of all elementalists. No other item is used that often by any other ascendancy. Likewise 90% of people using Inpulsa are Elementalist. That is quite insane! Even skills like Incinerate or Blade Flurry use it! At this point you are kinda doing it wrong if you are not using Inpulsa as an elementalist. (characters over 94, source: https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?item=Inpulsas-Broken-Heart) Either elementalist or Inpulsa is getting changed. They changed the acendancy last league, maybe it is Inpulsa's turn?

On that note: The clearspeed without Inpulsa is ok, but not great. Do you have ideas for this build should GGG break the Beacon of Ruin/Inpulsa combo up? Maybe a linked Herald of Ice?
Last edited by Monti_Jones on Aug 26, 2018, 6:38:36 PM
"
Monti_Jones wrote:
On that note: The clearspeed without Inpulsa is ok, but not great. Do you have ideas for this build should GGG break the Beacon of Ruin/Inpulsa combo up? Maybe a linked Herald of Ice?

elemental overload + 5-6 link herald of ice (via shaped helmet mods) + stacking freeze chance would be the go for clear, but single target would tank without crit.
How do you level this character anyone can throw some details pls? And also is this character MF viable? I dont mean full MF, but like 2-3 pieces of gear. 20% IIQ boots, mb bisco and 1 ring ?
Great Guide. Just started playing 2 weeks ago and was struggling to get past level 50 with my first 2 characters, but now playing this character and breezing through the content.

I managed get all the right gems together in all my gear (don’t have any of the recommended gear as yet). I cannot figure out what you mean by going auraless for the heralds. I have linked herald of thunder to curse on hit, blind and warlords mark but unless I activate the herald it does not mark any enemies. So not understanding that bit of your post. I can’t run all three heralds without running out of mana. Sorry I know it is a basic questions and yes I am a noob at this game.
Anu_JM, I can't sere your characters to confirm, but you need the Mastermind of Discord ascendancy node to get the three hrealds working at the same time (with one of them linked and all) : it will give you a 25% discount on reserved mana for heralds.
Ah thanks. I only have the first 2 ascendant points so am at pendulum at the moment. Okay good to know.
Is Elemental Equilibrium viable in this build? Because we use all 3 elements it should give a total - 25% elemental resistance to all enemys But none of the skilltree uses it. Why?
"
wolf4547 wrote:
Is Elemental Equilibrium viable in this build? Because we use all 3 elements it should give a total - 25% elemental resistance to all enemys But none of the skilltree uses it. Why?

with EE, when you deal damage using all 3 elements you end up with +25 to all resistances, not -25.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info