[3.6] Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist

Hi all. I am thinking of playing this in the new upcoming league. I have a few questions for those of you who have played this build before.

1) Do you think this build will do well in Delve league? Since we are sticking close to our cart I guess this is an advantage of having a close range aoe attack.

2) Are the mechanics of the build annoying to play? I've previously played builds like ED/Contagion which I found draining in terms of concentration needed to play, again with wander having to constantly monitor your flasks I didn't enjoy. Is this build simpler to play without requiring too many extra clicks? I.e does it become second nature to just recast your BV's or do you need to pause for a long time to get the stacks up every few packs or can i do a little click here and there without thinking so it is seamless? Are there any other things you need to constantly juggle or keep an eye on, or is it fairly straightforward?

3) How is the leveling process? I have never played an elementalist before, will it be painful or can i comfortably get through acts 1-10 without too many deaths?
Last edited by Nevzat on Aug 22, 2018, 12:47:36 PM
"
Nevzat wrote:
Hi all. I am thinking of playing this in the new upcoming league. I have a few questions for those of you who have played this build before.

Spoiler
1) Do you think this build will do well in Delve league? Since we are sticking close to our cart I guess this is an advantage of having a close range aoe attack.

2) Are the mechanics of the build annoying to play? I've previously played builds like ED/Contagion which I found draining in terms of concentration needed to play, again with wander having to constantly monitor your flasks I didn't enjoy. Is this build simpler to play without requiring too many extra clicks? I.e does it become second nature to just recast your BV's or do you need to pause for a long time to get the stacks up every few packs or can i do a little click here and there without thinking so it is seamless? Are there any other things you need to constantly juggle or keep an eye on, or is it fairly straightforward?

3) How is the leveling process? I have never played an elementalist before, will it be painful or can i comfortably get through acts 1-10 without too many deaths?

1) Only time and patch notes will tell. If Inpulsa stays the way it is delving should be fine. I can imagine hitting a wall somewhere as this build is not the tankiest out there. But every build wont be able to go past a certain depth.

2) Getting used to the mechanics is the most troublesome part of this build. You will have to recast BV frequently. There is a sweet spot between your attack speed (for your movement skill), cast speed (how fast you spin up) and skill effect duration (how often you have to stop and spin again) you'll have to find. The more you have of these stats the smoother it will feel. It can be a good idea to start out with Spell Echo and the second duration cluster to get used to the play style but you will get the rhythm after a while. There isn't much else to do than keeping up stacks and charging into packs. Heralds and Inpulsa will do most of the work.

3) Leveling is a breeze even as a league starter.
Can anyone suggest some weapons upgrades for me got around 100c to spend
"

After 3 Shaper set, I finally able to kill the end game boss, Uber Elder. It could be deathless if I didn't rush to kill Elder at the end of the fight. (Sorry for the low quality of the image, I play on a potato laptop.)

Thank you so much for the fun build. I will definitely go with Ele BV in the new league.

Did you use Kaoms root's and or other gear on that fight?
Just wanted to share my experience.

This build is completely ridiculous, I had so much fun playing this. I went a little different and took MOM along with all the acrobatics stuff, went down more and took heartseeker for more crit. Also when I need more damage I swap my bisco leash with Maligaro's Restraint. Maligaro's gives you "60% increased Damage while Shocked", but because of Inpulsa's we are immune to shock, you basically get a free 60% increased damage buff which combined with esh's mirror is somewhat ridiculous and the shock uptime is practically 100%.

Thank you for this great guide.

"
Nevzat wrote:

1) This has unbelievable clear and it can kill mobs a bit away from you if they're grouped together but depending on the darkness mechanics, a ranged character will probably be better but we won't know until we get patch notes.

2) It's not that annoying, if you only keep up 2 or 3 blades it's enough for almost all trash mobs. For me, personally, I actually got more DPS from using spell echo than from the simple standpoint that 10 blades does A LOT more damage than 2 to 5. For bossing you can swap back in concentrated effect because you will most likely just spin up 10 blades, enter arena, rush the boss, drop vaal, then hold down BV and smoke the guy in like 3 seconds. So it's not annoying, you just get used to pressing the BV button every once in a while and spell echo really makes it pretty painless. You can also go for more duration nodes if you want though I only have 1 and it feels fine.

3) Leveling was a fucking joke. Granted I did it with a tabula but I did all the labs while being under leveled by 5 levels and it was a comedy. You should be able to run through the acts very quickly. I used firestorm until I got my first ascendency point, then I swapped to BV and used only 2 heralds, once you get your 2nd ascendency you can use all 3.

As I said above, you can do the labs basically as soon as they were available so I did cruel lab as soon as it was available in act 7, i was at minimum 5 levels under and it didn't even matter.
"
Vaindolf wrote:
"

After 3 Shaper set, I finally able to kill the end game boss, Uber Elder. It could be deathless if I didn't rush to kill Elder at the end of the fight. (Sorry for the low quality of the image, I play on a potato laptop.)

Thank you so much for the fun build. I will definitely go with Ele BV in the new league.

Did you use Kaoms root's and or other gear on that fight?

I used Koam's root and swapped Shaper Ring with Berek's Grip for leaching. I also used another jewel with + 50 maximum life instead of mini-MOM watcher's eye since I didn't have any gem slot for Clarity. The rest of my gear was basically the same as I posted earlier. For the passives, I did refund the top right spell crit nodes to get more life nodes near the Acrobat. I had around 2m6 shaper DPS at that point.

Edit: this is my PoB build for that fight https://pastebin.com/1n8H763L
Last edited by siegfriedchampion on Aug 23, 2018, 12:19:46 PM
86 and going to try for 90. I've never gotten past 86 on a character, so I am stoked about this build. Its easy to play, and I'm hoping to save up enough currency to be able to get some quant gear. This build is a ton of fun and easy-peasy. I never had to spec into MoM. I am thinking about what I want to do next, get to 90 and make another build is my hope.
"Bonus points if it is Scion/Witch because they have nice knees. Ranger has ugly knees and other characters are men so playing them would be homoerotic." - CAKE, 10/20/21
"
Nevzat wrote:

I did not follow this guide but I thought I would post here cause builds are similar enough.

I got to incursion as 100 this build, u can check my char for gear. For belt I used headhunter. It is pretty much best in slot for this build.

1) It is one of the best mappers out there. The build map really well and really confortably up to elder t16 maps, even with double beyond(very safe because you are freezing every beyond boss that pops up - be careful with %avoid elemental status ailment map mods). For delving itself, I am pretty sure this build can do up to lvl86 delve content (top monster level will be lvl86) but I'm not sure on how far it will go down. Defences are much more important than damage for this build, because you can push the damage very high, especially since you can use a real weapon instead of brightbeak for delving (stat sticks are insane for the build) and conc effect. That being said, the build pretty much only has 6.5K life and warlord's mark as defenses against big hits. Mobs don't get close to you because you have a big AoE on Blade Vortex and u are freezing/chilling everything but delve bosses might be a bit hard on deeper levels.

2) The build definitely becomes second nature when ur playing it at high levels. You only need about 3-4 blade vortex stacks for comfortable mapping and I was doing that up until elder t16s, which I maintained like 8 for double beyond maps. U just cast blade vortexes once in a while and keep ur flasks up (this goes for any build)

3) leveling is very easy with this build
"
ExoduSS_ wrote:
"
Nevzat wrote:

I did not follow this guide but I thought I would post here cause builds are similar enough.

I got to incursion as 100 this build, u can check my char for gear. For belt I used headhunter. It is pretty much best in slot for this build.

1) It is one of the best mappers out there. The build map really well and really confortably up to elder t16 maps, even with double beyond(very safe because you are freezing every beyond boss that pops up - be careful with %avoid elemental status ailment map mods). For delving itself, I am pretty sure this build can do up to lvl86 delve content (top monster level will be lvl86) but I'm not sure on how far it will go down. Defences are much more important than damage for this build, because you can push the damage very high, especially since you can use a real weapon instead of brightbeak for delving (stat sticks are insane for the build) and conc effect. That being said, the build pretty much only has 6.5K life and warlord's mark as defenses against big hits. Mobs don't get close to you because you have a big AoE on Blade Vortex and u are freezing/chilling everything but delve bosses might be a bit hard on deeper levels.

2) The build definitely becomes second nature when ur playing it at high levels. You only need about 3-4 blade vortex stacks for comfortable mapping and I was doing that up until elder t16s, which I maintained like 8 for double beyond maps. U just cast blade vortexes once in a while and keep ur flasks up (this goes for any build)

3) leveling is very easy with this build

Well, it'd be very unlikely in Delve that arc trap/ BV elementalist/ elemental hit does not get a huge nerf cuz the usage and class percentage is just so imbalance.
POB Ninja shows that this league skill usage/ class usage distribution is way worse in Incursion compare to Bestiary league, with near 100% usage of arc trap and bv ele on the respective class, on top of those 2 classes contribute to near half of the player-base.
Last edited by mic01851165 on Aug 25, 2018, 1:17:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info