[3.6] Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist

Hey guys.

I want to share my experience with this build.

For the first time a played a league since the start, and now I'm 36 and got the incursion portal. With this build, I did all the content of the game, except Uber elder. Some hard content with 2 or 3 deaths, but elder can't deplete his health bar to 80 %.

Thank u for the amazing guide, made my incursion experience awesome!
You forgot to mention that this build requires Automaton herald MTX for Herald of Thunder. Because giant void lazor beams from the sky deal more damage than silly lightning strikes.

That's just science, can't argue against it.
Thoughts on Heartbreaker Royal Skean as a weapon of choice? Does Culling Strike have a huge impact on overall damage?
Wanted to share my own take on this build which is an infinite-chaining, Tri-herald BV Elementalist. Just hit lv95 in Flashback and it was relatively smooth-sailing, save for the occasions where my computer freezes/crashes from the huge HoI + inpulsa chains which inadvertently led to most of my deaths to on-death effects such as volatiles or corrupting blood killing me in 0.1s due to all the instantaneous stacks from killing multiple screens of mobs at once.

It seems that I am unable to link my gear properly so I'll just have have to type it out. The build focuses on The Pandemonius + Call of the Brotherhood + HoI supported with Innervate/Added Lightning to infinitely propagate the explosions of Inpulsa's and HoI. Berek's Grip serves as an additional source of leech on top of Warlord's Mark and Atziri's Promise and is extremely reliable even on bosses due to Elementalist ascendancy which guarantees shock. (Yoke of Suffering + The Taming is a more offensive alternative to ensure even more consistent chaining of explosions but you sacrifice defences) The rest of the slots are mostly for MF since there aren't many mods that BV can benefit from so we use a Sadima's and Goldwyrm. Next, Bisco's Leash serves as a poor-man's headhunter and more MF. Finally, Esh's mirror is another piece of gear which goes insanely well with the momentum-based playstyle coupled with Rampage mechanics from Bisco's. We lack flat life on gear so try to aim for a high life-roll inpulsa's, Esh's mirror and Starkonja's or replace some of the jewels for flat life abyss jewels. This char is way-overcapped on resistances (ard 92-118% uncapped on each element which is the way I like it to feel safe in ele weakness red maps) and has a good balance of clear-speed, MF and bossing prowess. Flasks are the standard Divine life flask of staunching, Divination Distillate (or Taste of Hate/Basalt flask of Heat), Atziri's Promise, Sulphur Flask of Warding and Alchemist's Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline.

It started as quite a memey all-uniques sort of build (as I was sick of min-maxing rare gear) and an alternative to the Three Dragons + cold to fire support gem but it turned out to be legit with insane defences (blind/chill from Pandemonius, Acrobatics/Phase Acrobatics, Perm freeze, high leech) and very respectable damage.

I use a brightbeak almost all the time and only swap out a few pieces of gear and jewels for guardians and shaper.

Gear for Guardians/Shaper:

All-in-all a very well-rounded build and really glad that I gave it a shot in this race league.
Last edited by ExponentMach on Aug 21, 2018, 3:37:10 AM

After 3 Shaper set, I finally able to kill the end game boss, Uber Elder. It could be deathless if I didn't rush to kill Elder at the end of the fight. (Sorry for the low quality of the image, I play on a potato laptop.)

Thank you so much for the fun build. I will definitely go with Ele BV in the new league.
Last edited by siegfriedchampion on Aug 21, 2018, 1:33:15 PM
Intuitive Leap image on Main post is completely wrong, it's not possible to select the charge's notable.

Help pls

Edit: Found out that the 3.3 tree moved the Overcharged branch by a little bit so you now cannot take it with intuitive leap. Is this build able to generate enough charges only with the 2% node or does it need other means to have charges?
Last edited by xGundam on Aug 22, 2018, 5:24:13 AM
"
xGundam wrote:
Intuitive Leap image on Main post is completely wrong, it's not possible to select the charge's notable.

Spoiler

Help pls

Edit: Found out that the 3.3 tree moved the Overcharged branch by a little bit so you now cannot take it with intuitive leap. Is this build able to generate enough charges only with the 2% node or does it need other means to have charges?

This is just not true. I don't know what tree you are using but the Overcharged setup works. I was using it all league long. Try it on the ingame tree.

The only effect this setup has anyways is easy frenzy charge generation while mapping. Personally I just chose this because the Icebite setup wasn't working for me (damn Inpulsa) and Blood Rage is a hassle without slayer overleech.
"
Monti_Jones wrote:
"
xGundam wrote:

Spoiler

Help pls

This is just not true. I don't know what tree you are using but the Overcharged setup works. I was using it all league long. Try it on the ingame tree.

The only effect this setup has anyways is easy frenzy charge generation while mapping. Personally I just chose this because the Icebite setup wasn't working for me (damn Inpulsa) and Blood Rage is a hassle without slayer overleech.

Before posting I checked both Poe Mate on Android and Poe Planner on pc.

Here's Evidence of the 3.2 tree on Poe planner:

As you can see the Overcharged branch in this screenshot is near and there are 2 nodes plus a notable for traps at the left of the overcharged branch.

Since I'm at work now it would be very kind of you if you could provide some evidence.
Last edited by xGundam on Aug 22, 2018, 7:32:50 AM
"
xGundam wrote:
Spoiler
"
Monti_Jones wrote:
"
xGundam wrote:

Spoiler

Help pls

Before posting I checked both Poe Mate on Android and Poe Planner on pc.

Here's Evidence of the 3.2 tree on Poe planner:

As you can see the Overcharged branch in this screenshot is near and there are 2 nodes plus a notable for traps at the left of the overcharged branch.

Since I'm at work now it would be very kind of you if you could provide some evidence.

I wouldn't use those trees from now on as they are clearly wrong. Evidence is my character INCPewPewFizzle and multiple others that have done so this league.

Intuitive Leap can reach Overcharged! Try it ingame and see for yourself.
Last edited by Monti_Jones on Aug 22, 2018, 9:10:25 AM
"
Monti_Jones wrote:

I wouldn't use those trees from now on as they are clearly wrong. Evidence is my character INCPewPewFizzle and multiple others that have done so this league.

Intuitive Leap can reach Overcharged! Try it ingame and see for yourself.

With a little bit of investigation I did found out that poe planner and poe mate both have an uncorrect placement of the Overcharged cluster, making it impossible to reach it with Intuitive leap.

Thanks for the help, I'm glad to hear that it's possible to reach it in game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info