[3.6] Triple Herald Blade Vortex Elementalist

"
Monti_Jones wrote:
"
jboelk wrote:
So i played this build for the last few days of the League and i really enjoyed playing it. Im gonna be playing it if it does not get nerfed in the upcoming Patch. But i still got a few questions left since im still rather new to the game (started this season). My profile is set on public so if someone would be nice enough to look at my char and tell me how to improve i'd be very happy. I can easily farm maps even up to T16 but didnt try Shaper or Elder. Obviously the next huge damage buff for my build would be getting a 6L Inpulsa but what else would give me a decent improvement gear wise? According to PoB im sitting at 1.1 million damage but idk if thats much. At least it feels like a lot since im basically one shotting all trash mobs in T16 maps.

So you are one shotting all of the games content except 2 of the hardest bosses. On a 5 link. With a lvl 84 character. My guess is: you are doing fine! This is absolutely normal for this build! :)

On a more serious note though, it seems like you found the right balance. No big mistakes. All you can do now it get everything you already have but better. Some advice:

- Unspec the second duration cluter and health nodes after the scion life wheel. You could get a BV duration helmet enchantment to get the same effect.
- This would allow you to get more jewel sockets. Aim for jewels with at least 3 usefull affixes (life, crit multi and damage).
- Path your tree through Deep Wisdom. Free 20 mana and you are closer to a jewel socket you should get anyway.
- If you feel that you need more survivability try Mind over Matter or Phase Acrobatics.
- Get a 6-link. Easy :)
- A scepter would theoreticly be better than a second dagger if you can get enough crit chance elsewhere.
- Get a Stygian Vise belt for another jewel socket. An abyssal jewel granting Onslaught on kill is my go to.
- Basicly every piece of gear could be a bit better. More life, more resistances, more damage on every roll, on every gear. Same goes for jewels.
- An elder ring with Warlord's Mark on Hit would free up some gem slots and apply the curse more reliably than the herald setup.
- You can be creative with the newfound gem slots. Some options: Portal, Flame Dash, Vaal Haste, Decoy Totem, a supported Lightning Golem. My personal favorite is Vaal Righteous Fire.

After that upgrades are possible but just not worth their price tag. You should already be able to beat all the content in the game. Maybe with Delve we can explore how high you can crank up this build.

Thank you for that detailed advice!

Im going to try as much as possible until the release of Delve on Friday and hopefully the build will still be viable in the new season. I guess it should be a decent league starter build, because as i have been leveling this char i switched from arc to BV rather early somewhere around lvl 45 because it did way more damage than Arc did. The only throwback would be that i cant start with a tabula but well arc as a leveling skill should carry me to Blood Aqueducts anyway so i can farm one and start with BV.

Anyway thank you for all the informartion i'll try to get the best out of my character in standard until friday and maybe im able to kill either shaper or the Elder on Red maps until then
"
DirtyDot wrote:
"
Aevari wrote:
Hello,

Just wanted to say awesome guide! I've tried this out during Incursion league and I had tons of fun playing it and I thought levelling with it was quite smooth. I was wondering if mf build is viable for it or would it be a little tough since it's recommended to have higher life and maxed out resistances?

you can (or maybe could) go full MF without issues

That's really great to know! Thanks a lot! :D
Looks like BV, Elementalist & Inpulsa's all went untouched from the patch notes. Guess I will be doing this as my league starter for delve!
Not untouched;

A series of small 1% and 2% buffs here and there, it looks like. As long as the skill tree pathing didn't get messed up, it actually would be improved. Had a chance to look at path of building, no real issues - actually we get possible choice of having access to an easy +10% area of effect node that didn't exist before.

Changes:
Retribution: +10% minion damage. +14% attack and spell damage changed to 14% universal damage.
Amplify: +4% area of effect, and an easy +10% new node if you decide to allocate an additional point there.
Light of Divinity area: 4 points; Lose 10% spell damage; gain 14% elemental damage (10% spell-->10% elemental, 8%--->10% elemental on a node, and +2% on elementalist). Lose 10% light radius on Light of Divinity, gain 20% crit chance on Holy Dominion. +12% global physical damage, which I don't think effects us.

Lots of changes here, but I think it's net +4% damage (elemental damage gain is equal to spell damage gain right?) + 20% crit chance.

Occultists Dominion: +4% spell damage, +1% cast speed.

So for the exact same skill tree;
+10% minion damage, +4% area of effect, -6% spell damage, +14% elemental damage, -10% light radius, +20% critical chance, +12% global physical damage, +1% cast speed.

I think that's a win?
Last edited by CE2JRH on Aug 29, 2018, 1:13:06 AM
Hmmmmmmmmm any thought on using new herald on this?
spiky poison scorpy boi seem cool
4 random light bois also seem cool
Hmmmmmmmmm any thought on using new herald on this?
spiky poison scorpy boi seem cool
4 random light boi also seem cool
Thanks for the build and guide! I intend to start next league with it.
What are your thoughts about leveling with arc instead of firestorm?

How do you guys/gals go about a league start, especially with this character?

for me i did BV straight after i got the gem from the quest for lvling
Hey ! I'm new to the game and I'm trying to follow this build. Currently I have to choose between helping bandits in act2 or kill them.

Do you know what's best ?

Thx guys :)
Do you guys farm lab with such a build ?

Don't wanna go for a jugg again, but I'd like to farm lab a bit ahah.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info