3.2.1 Hotfix

"
citruslounge wrote:
Guess it is time for me to unlink my account with Steam; not only was I forced to do a full reinstall yesterday with the patch (like I had to do the when 3.2.0 was released too!), but now I am faced with this:

I am glad that patches are being created, but sad that they seem so necessary to get this league running smoothly :(

edit: oops... image has tiny writing. It says that I have to wait 5 hours and 46 minutes for a 187MB patch to install LOL

This is a local issue, on your side.
I have PoE over steam since it hit steam and over 4500 hours on it and never ran into any patch issues, except once when the steam patch servers were having problems.
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
"
Semune wrote:
"
mopeskie wrote:
does any of this get tested by that team of over 1000 hours of gameplay ???

If this is going to be a thing for small posts like this, I'm kinda sad that the PoE community has become so immature. It used to be a lot more mature, but I guess this is what comes with all the newbies joining up because of the streamer/steam hype.

Or maybe devs shouldn't say such immature things like "1000 hour pros" to make themselves look legitimate, like they're upcoming rappers or boardists.

It's also human nature to poke fun at things, for a laugh; maybe some people should get a little less tense when they see "meme posts" since it doesn't actually affect anyone's lives to have them there. Or, you know, differing opinions and all.

In my opinion, I still don't understand how developers can consistently bug up their game, especially with code that has no relevance to what they just patched. It's not a matter of "it just happens', because that's a cop out, like saying "pianos just fall on people's heads". It's only buggy because someone had a lot of unprofessional moments that lead up to that happening, even if they were being pressured by their boss to hurry up and push it out.

Whether you are a grunt, or the head of the company, having more than a hundred hours at something should teach you better etiquette and responsibility, presuming that is important to you in a professional capacity. If not, well ... then it's fine if someone makes a meme about you exaggerating, or outright lying, about your street cred.
Last edited by JoeShmo on Mar 16, 2018, 12:54:16 PM
"

I have PoE over steam since it hit steam and over 4500 hours on it and never ran into any patch issues, except once when the steam patch servers were having problems.

Wow, I wish I were so lucky... I read a few posts yesterday from fellow Steam users saying that they had the same issue as I did regarding a full re-install with every new patch. Like I mentioned, had to do the complete 10+GB download yesterday for 3.2.1, same as for 3.2.0

Already sent an email to support@ggg regarding unlinking, just to avoid this possibility in the future.

Thank you for the heads up though!
Same here, never had any patching problem, only re-installed the game once since the release on Steam in 2013, when I replaced the hard drive and wanted a fresh install.
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
"
citruslounge wrote:
"

Wow, I wish I were so lucky... I read a few posts yesterday from fellow Steam users saying that they had the same issue as I did regarding a full re-install with every new patch. Like I mentioned, had to do the complete 10+GB download yesterday for 3.2.1, same as for 3.2.0

Already sent an email to support@ggg regarding unlinking, just to avoid this possibility in the future.

Thank you for the heads up though!

But why do you directly want to unlink?
You can still do a quick login with steam while still using the standard launcher.

As a helping thing: It sometimes might help to reinstall steam if something like that happens (you can keep the games) so all cache stuff etc. gets deleted. Programs like steams installed over years can accumulate so many files that it gets out of hand.
TwitchTV: http://www.twitch.tv/akumanotsubasa
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/AkumaNoTsubasa
Please use http://pobb.in for your guides instead of pastebin!
"
JoeShmo wrote:
"
Semune wrote:
"
mopeskie wrote:
does any of this get tested by that team of over 1000 hours of gameplay ???

If this is going to be a thing for small posts like this, I'm kinda sad that the PoE community has become so immature. It used to be a lot more mature, but I guess this is what comes with all the newbies joining up because of the streamer/steam hype.

Or maybe devs shouldn't say such immature things like "1000 hour pros" to make themselves look legitimate, like they're upcoming rappers or boardists.

It's also human nature to poke fun at things, for a laugh; maybe some people should get a little less tense when they see "meme posts" since it doesn't actually affect anyone's lives to have them there. Or, you know, differing opinions and all.

In my opinion, I still don't understand how developers can consistently bug up their game, especially with code that has no relevance to what they just patched. It's not a matter of "it just happens', because that's a cop out, like saying "pianos just fall on people's heads". It's only buggy because someone had a lot of unprofessional moments that lead up to that happening, even if they were being pressured by their boss to hurry up and push it out.

Whether you are a grunt, or the head of the company, having more than a hundred hours at something should teach you better etiquette and responsibility, presuming that is important to you in a professional capacity. If not, well ... then it's fine if someone makes a meme about you exaggerating, or outright lying, about your street cred.

The point I'm about to make is more to defend software devs/code-monkeys in general, than this game's team in specific.

Anytime you have a full on *team* of people working on coding a single piece of software, such as an expansion to a game, inevitably someone is going to make a mistake somewhere that is going to break something, or have unintended consequences. Hindsight is 20/20, but it's only possible to fix so much before letting the public take it and smash it to pieces to find the bits that don't work. For one of the first examples specific to coding for multiplayer video games, please do watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFNxJVTJleE

It's not always easy to tell how well a system will run in the live environment until you actually push it to the end consumer and stress-test it. Because of this, hotfixes are a very normal thing after content updates (such as the bestiary league). They're trying something new that they hadn't done before, so cut them some slack on not implementing it flawlessly the first time.

Even the most experienced coders in the industry make mistakes or don't optimize their code sometimes. The definition of 'optimized code' changes so fluidly from person to person that there's no real 'right' way to do it. On top of that, a misplaced ampersand or parenthetical can have far reaching effects with something that you really wouldn't think would be involved at all. MMOs in particular are notoriously hard to code well, even for the absolute best of the best. The fact that things like WoW or FF14, or indeed Path of Exile, run as well as they do? It's a technical marvel. If you think you can do better, I do invite you to create your own MMO, I'd love to play it, :3
My abilities are removed from my Default attack hotkey on mouse every time I swap weapons now. Is anyone else having this issue? I don't use default attack, I replace it with abilities... no point in swamping weapons if the abilities are removed every time I swap weapons.
but still we have to capture an albino rhoa :(

edit: checked bestiary again and is no more there :D

edit 2: many of the beast are bugged and when capture don't count for bestiary challenge in any rarity
Last edited by Abax11 on Mar 17, 2018, 11:09:34 AM
I have no idea what happened but after the game was patching it crashed. Now when I click on the Shortcut this app may not work on this version of windows. Soooo.. Do I redownload or am I S.O.L? I'm on windows 10 and have been playing PoE for years.
My issue has been resolved.... Thank you...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info