[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

"
fjtheknight wrote:
"
Hi! I was wondering if I could get some help with my new build based as close to this recipe as I have been able to do so far. I am currently level 75 but very frustrated with an issue that has halted my ability to level any further.

I had a couple hundred hours into my first POE toon as I just figured things out as I went along building a Molten Strike based character. When I hit 70 or so and completed Act 10 I hit a wall as I was unable to consistently get through Map levels (even mobs) without dying. This completely halted my level progression because I would lose any experience I would build up when dying. I could however kill the act 10 mobs easily and consistently - just got too high PAST 70 to get much experience from them anymore. My max DPS was around 20K but life was only 2K or a bit less.

So at that point as an old school Diablo player I figured there was some science around precise builds. I then found this build & very much liked it since it was similar to what I was trying to do on my own.

After gathering all of the gear documented at the beginning of the thread I totally refunded all of my passives and re-populated the skill tree exactly as shown for this build. Obviously I could only get as much as lvl 75 allows.

My new build is now 2-3x beating my old DPS and life is now 5K. Problem however is that I seem to be randomly quickly melting during fights (even low level Act 9 single monsters are sometimes one hitting me to death) which is again placing me back where I started - unable to level up because just a couple of deaths wipes out interim exp.

Here is my Path of Building info - https://pastebin.com/XwiLF8vu

Thanks in advance if I could get some suggestions / help on how to mitigate the spontaneous combustion...

Thanks

P.S. I just uploaded an example video of dying in the Ravaged Square. This is actually a much slower death than I normally experience. Usually the 5K of life goes in just a second or two before I can get to a flask.

https://youtu.be/VBnkOgWzhe4

Hello there!

The weapon you are using applies a debuff that deals you 400 fire damage per endurance charge per second for 4 seconds when you are hit. You are using 2 Nebuloch maces with 7 endurance charges => 400*2*7 = 5600 fire damage per second.

Any elemental damage that hits you gets mitigated by you resistances:
- if the hit is 1000 fire damage and you have 0% fire resistance, you take 1000 damage
- if the hit is 1000 fire damage and you have 50% fire resistance, you take 500 damage
- if the hit is 1000 fire damage and you have 75% fire resistance (normal resistance cap, with Loreweave body armour it can reach 80%), you take 250 damage

So in your case, you can see that your fire resistance is very low. With all the endurance charges, you have only 54% fire resistance. That means that you take 5600*(100%-54%)=2576 fire damage per second when hit. If your fire resistance were 80%, you would take only 1120 fire damage per second. In this case, and if your life regen is greater than 1120 HP per second, you will not notice any degen when you are hit because your net life regen would be > 0.

Note that the gear I am suggesting is only essencial for endgame bosses. Your preiority now is to get your resistances capped. This is what you should do until you :

- Replace the helmet (Abyssus) with a rare helmet with life and resistances (fire and lightning)
- Replace the amulet (voll's devotion) with a rare amulet (life + resistances) or with Bloodgrip if your resistances are OK
- You can also replace your main hand weapon with Grelwood shank. This will half your degen and almost keep the same dps.
- You can eve use a bismuth flask that will increase your elemental resistances when used

Those changes will get you up to defeating shaper. After you reach level 90 or above and you want to do uber elder or uber atziri, you can use doubble nebulco and abyssus

I hope that this would help you! Have fun

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for the tips on the build. After making those simple tweaks my resistances are now maxed out and I have been mapping all day. Made it from 75 to 83 today! Going through the Maps like butter - still easy through lvl 6.

Domenic
"

Just wanted to say THANK YOU for the tips on the build. After making those simple tweaks my resistances are now maxed out and I have been mapping all day. Made it from 75 to 83 today! Going through the Maps like butter - still easy through lvl 6.

Domenic

You are welcome :)
"
fjtheknight wrote:
"

Domenic

You are welcome :)

I have been progressing nicely with this build and just hit lvl 90 yesterday. I believe I have all major offensive skill points completed & gear in place but I am seeing a significant disparity in DPS reported by Path of Building as compared to your reference toon. For instance you average DPS for Molten strike is 90,743 but mine is only reporting in @ 14,729. What am I missing?

Here is my latest build - https://pastebin.com/qYzB7cQh

Thanks,

Domenic
"

I have been progressing nicely with this build and just hit lvl 90 yesterday. I believe I have all major offensive skill points completed & gear in place but I am seeing a significant disparity in DPS reported by Path of Building as compared to your reference toon. For instance you average DPS for Molten strike is 90,743 but mine is only reporting in @ 14,729. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Domenic

Hello there!

In PoB, you should go to "Skills" and replace Ancestral call with Fire pen, then go to "Items" and activate your dps flasks, then go to "Configuration" and check any condition that applies to you. Finally, under "Main skill" select Molten strike and Magma ball, you will see how much damage one ball does (about 54k in your case). Multiply it by the number of projectiles you have (10) and the attack speed of your melee hit (select melee hit). That's the best dps you can achieve (you do 60% of it in average)

Here is a link with those changes : https://pastebin.com/xEwRq3tw

Note that you can gain at least 20% more damage just by getting better nebuloch maces and atziri promise.

Good luck!
Hello,

I am level 72 and following your guide. Things are going smoothly but I deal with constant mana issues. I have % phys as mana on my gloves only. Your gear doesnt seem to have any regen and you run arctic armour, flamm-blasphemy, and herald of ash. How do you deal with mana issues?

Thanks!
"
fjtheknight wrote:
"

Thanks,

Domenic

Hello there!

In PoB, you should go to "Skills" and replace Ancestral call with Fire pen, then go to "Items" and activate your dps flasks, then go to "Configuration" and check any condition that applies to you. Finally, under "Main skill" select Molten strike and Magma ball, you will see how much damage one ball does (about 54k in your case). Multiply it by the number of projectiles you have (10) and the attack speed of your melee hit (select melee hit). That's the best dps you can achieve (you do 60% of it in average)

Here is a link with those changes : https://pastebin.com/xEwRq3tw

Note that you can gain at least 20% more damage just by getting better nebuloch maces and atziri promise.

Good luck!

Thanks! I am learning more about this game every day even @~300 hours in... Last question about the better nebuloch maces - are there special mods or enchants I want to look for or do better ones just drop from a particular Map boss?

P.S. - Curious about your configuration for Enduring Cry / Cast When Damage Taken / Summon Lightning Golem. Why have the Golem & EC cast on damage taken especially since you have LVL 21 on the gem? Instead I have been just casting EC and the Golem manually and added Minion and Totem elemental resistance support. Anything wrong with that? Seems like if relying on Cast when Damage taken @ even lvl 20 thats ~3K of damage that needs to be taken to cast.
Last edited by domenicdistefano on Jun 20, 2018, 5:13:31 PM
Getting frustrated even with 8 ec up I am getting hit super hard by bosses. I don't know what to fix or change if you can view my char in profile and help me out some I would be forever grateful.

just getting murdered doing endgame cant even take a hit with all 8 ec up and I find it very hard to even get ec charges during boss fights.
"

Thanks! I am learning more about this game every day even @~300 hours in... Last question about the better nebuloch maces - are there special mods or enchants I want to look for or do better ones just drop from a particular Map boss?

P.S. - Curious about your configuration for Enduring Cry / Cast When Damage Taken / Summon Lightning Golem. Why have the Golem & EC cast on damage taken especially since you have LVL 21 on the gem? Instead I have been just casting EC and the Golem manually and added Minion and Totem elemental resistance support. Anything wrong with that? Seems like if relying on Cast when Damage taken @ even lvl 20 thats ~3K of damage that needs to be taken to cast.

I have probably more than 4K hours and I'm still learning new things :)

Nebuloch is a mace that only drops from the Elder in Tier 6 maps or higher. It has a constant 1.4 AS but variable local flat phys dmg and % of phys dmg gained as extra fire dmg:

- Adds (45-60) to (100-120) Physical Damage
- Gain (30-40)% of Physical Attack Damage as Extra Fire Damage

So, at least you should buy ones with 245 dps and 38-40% extra fire dmg.
Then, you can look for ones corrupted with % attack speed (main hand) and chance to gain Onslaught on kill (off hand). I think those are the best for this build.

EC is a warcry and not a spell, so it's not affected by CWDT. I use CWDT to summon LG (lvl 21 gives more AS) because I found that when doing Uber elder I don't have enough time/concentration to cast it manually everytime it dies. You are doing nothing wrong, but you will realize later that casting golem manuelly will slow you down.
"
_IMMUNE_ wrote:
Getting frustrated even with 8 ec up I am getting hit super hard by bosses. I don't know what to fix or change if you can view my char in profile and help me out some I would be forever grateful.

just getting murdered doing endgame cant even take a hit with all 8 ec up and I find it very hard to even get ec charges during boss fights.

Hello there!

Sorry I can't find your character, the only Chieftain you have is on Standard and bearly has some Items.

Please geve me a PoB link pf youi char. Maybe you have some resistances problems? And which endgame content? Also Stibite flask has no effect because you have Unwavering Stance.
Hello,

I am level 72 and following your guide. Things are going smoothly but I deal with constant mana issues. I have % phys as mana on my gloves and ammy. Your gear doesnt seem to have any regen and you run arctic armour, flamm-blasphemy, and herald of ash. How do you deal with mana issues?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info