[3.5]FJTHEBEAST| DW Nebuloch Chieftain Molten Strike |90% Dmg Mitigation|9M Shaper DPS| All content

Anyone thought about using Deidbellow in place of Abyssus? since it's not a crit build the only thing you get from Abyssus is the +all stats, armour and flat phys, assuming that you'd probably be spamming enduring cry vs bosses to keep endurance charges up anyway, with Deidbellow you can keep the 20% bonus attack / move speed which gives roughly similar overall dps but you don't have the 40% increased physical damage taken debuff. The only downsides would be you'd need more int on gear or take a 30 int node, and the can't leech on low life, but tbh when are you ever constantly on low life with this build.
Do you think it's possible to hold 1 or 2 nebuloch with 4.2k life without rings ? Currently im stucking on progress cause the rings and the chest are too expensive. My next upgrades will be the rare jewels.
Can you upload a clip where it shows the clearspeed in a high end map with nasty mods? Asking this because I am curious on the leap slam speed as well with kaoms roots not giving ms.
Last edited by foojin on Jun 12, 2018, 2:56:30 PM
"
chaoval wrote:

It is important to keep your flasks/fortify/endurance charges in check (for example, don't enter incursion without endurance charges, because in some room layouts you will be oneshot once you stop being immune)

And that's why I won't be using an abyssus. It does give more damage (with my gear it would give me 17%) but we only use one of the damage stats. 40+% more phys damage is a huge price to pay and not worth it in my opinion. Take it off and see your survivability go through the roof.
In my opinion it's only worth considering if you get one with 3 extra balls.

Also one thing that the OP doesn't take into account is that by using an abyssus you need to make up the life and resists that you lose on your other gear. He has resists on all of his jewels. If he used a rare helmet he'd have damage stats there so your gains from the abyssus are really a lot smaller than they appear to be.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
Last edited by Aias_o_Telamonios on Jun 12, 2018, 2:42:07 PM
"
Carrmatt93 wrote:
Anyone thought about using Deidbellow in place of Abyssus? since it's not a crit build the only thing you get from Abyssus is the +all stats, armour and flat phys, assuming that you'd probably be spamming enduring cry vs bosses to keep endurance charges up anyway, with Deidbellow you can keep the 20% bonus attack / move speed which gives roughly similar overall dps but you don't have the 40% increased physical damage taken debuff. The only downsides would be you'd need more int on gear or take a 30 int node, and the can't leech on low life, but tbh when are you ever constantly on low life with this build.

Hi there. Nice suggestion!

The problem with Deidbellow, in addition to the lack of int, is that you probably will never find a Deidbellow with the +3 MS projectile enchant. If you find one, than you can use it for sure.

Thank you for your suggestion!
"
n00bfight3r wrote:
Do you think it's possible to hold 1 or 2 nebuloch with 4.2k life without rings ? Currently im stucking on progress cause the rings and the chest are too expensive. My next upgrades will be the rare jewels.

Hi there, That depends on many factors. You can calculate how much life/life regen you need to survive.
You see how much life and life regen (tree, ascendancy points, items... just upload to PoB and see calculation sheet). Than calculate how much life you lose when hit (400*ECs*fire damage taken*how many nebulochs you use). If your regen is higher than regen, than you are ok. (you can just use PoB, go to configuration, click EC, hit recently and hit by fire damage recently, than look how much net life regen you have)

I recommand that you use Grelwood shank at first as a mainhand weapon. You can use Nebuloch as offhand and test your survivability. I highly recommand you purchase the rings first because their price increases quickly (if you have your resistances capped of course).
"
foojin wrote:
Can you upload a clip where it shows the clearspeed in a high end map with nasty mods? Asking this because I am curious on the leap slam speed as well with kaoms roots not giving ms.

Hi there! I have a wooden pc, so I will try to upload a clip but I can't guarantee its quality :D

At first I had very low attack speed so I invested in more AS jewels and passives. Now it is way better than before. It is not a top tier clear speed mapping build, but it is enough to dodge/jump throughout the map. Damage-wise, one single hit is usually enough to clear a single monster pack (I jump in, hit once, jump to the next one).

I will try to upload a clip of a tier 14-16 map with bad mods.
"
"
chaoval wrote:

It is important to keep your flasks/fortify/endurance charges in check (for example, don't enter incursion without endurance charges, because in some room layouts you will be oneshot once you stop being immune)

And that's why I won't be using an abyssus. It does give more damage (with my gear it would give me 17%) but we only use one of the damage stats. 40+% more phys damage is a huge price to pay and not worth it in my opinion. Take it off and see your survivability go through the roof.
In my opinion it's only worth considering if you get one with 3 extra balls.

Also one thing that the OP doesn't take into account is that by using an abyssus you need to make up the life and resists that you lose on your other gear. He has resists on all of his jewels. If he used a rare helmet he'd have damage stats there so your gains from the abyssus are really a lot smaller than they appear to be.

Hello there!

Any item has its own benefits and downsides. The 40% increased physical damage taken could only be a problem against something like shaper slam (up to about 17K physical damage hit) if we don't use a basalt flask (that's why we use flasks), which I already tanked many times. Minotaur and Chimera are a joke. So if you keep it or remove you wont probably notice any changes in survivability. However, as chaoval mentioned before, if you lose your ECs you will probably die, because they are our main source of armour (500 per EC per Nebuloch).

Another thing to mention, I bought mine (with the enchant) last league for 2 exalts. The cheapest rare helmet with some life and res and the enchant was 10 exalts. First of all I dont need any more life, I can tank almost any hit in the game (I even tanked normal atziri double flame, didn't try with uber).

Also, losing 17% of your dps is not insignificant. And having jewels with damage stats wont helps your dps as much as you think, because we need flat phys damage more than anything else (for nebuloch). Resistances are suffixes. The best suffixe that can boost MS damage is 12% increased Area Damage (MS and Herald of ash?). That's about 7-8% more damage if I replace all the resistances on my jewels. So If I remove abyssus and replace my jewels, I will lose more money to get 10% less damage.

Another thing that abyssus helps with is stats. That +25 to all stats will save you at least 2 passive points, or some damage stats on jewels (attack speed especially because that's what I need to compensate the lack of AS of Nebuloch).

Nice corruptions by the way :) Do you have a link to the new corruption implicits? I can't find them anywhere.

Thank you for your suggestion. If I made any mistakes or if there are somethings that are not clear, feel free to post again. Thank you!
Last edited by fjtheknight on Jun 12, 2018, 4:39:29 PM
"
fjtheknight wrote:

Hello there!

Any item has its own benefits and downsides. The 40% increased physical damage taken could only be a problem against something like shaper slam (up to about 17K physical damage hit) if we don't use a basalt flask (that's why we use flasks), which I already tanked many times. Minotaur and Chimera are a joke. So if you keep it or remove you wont probably notice any changes in survivability. However, as chaoval mentioned before, if you lose your ECs you will probably die, because they are our main source of armour (500 per EC per Nebuloch).

That's why I mentioned this with a quote about getting one-shot without ECs. With them it should probably be ok. Without them though it's another story.

"
fjtheknight wrote:

Another thing to mention, I bought mine (with the enchant) last league for 2 exalts. The cheapest rare helmet with some life and res and the enchant was 10 exalts. First of all I dont need any more life, I can tank almost any hit in the game (I even tanked normal atziri double flame, didn't try with uber).

Yes, I read this in the guide. The enchant does make it enticing. But that would be the only chance for me to consider it. MS enchants are expensive in general so getting one so cheaply is always good.

"
fjtheknight wrote:

Also, losing 17% of your dps is not insignificant. And having jewels with damage stats wont helps your dps as much as you think, because we need flat phys damage more than anything else (for nebuloch). Resistances are suffixes. The best suffixe that can boost MS damage is 12% increased Area Damage (MS and Herald of ash?). That's about 7-8% more damage if I replace all the resistances on my jewels. So If I remove abyssus and replace my jewels, I will lose more money to get 10% less damage.

7-8% more damage is half the damage the abyssus gives. So it's damage benefit is cut in half. I believe this should be mentioned. Just changing the helmet and calculating how much damage you get without changing your other gear to accommodate for the missing resists is misleading. Also you can get flat phys from abyssal jewels. It's hard to find them now so crafting may be a better option. Anyway the point I'm trying to make is that the abyssus does give you more damage but not as much as you mention in the guide.

"
fjtheknight wrote:

Another thing that abyssus helps with is stats. That +25 to all stats will save you at least 2 passive points, or some damage stats on jewels (attack speed especially because that's what I need to compensate the lack of AS of Nebuloch).

Yeah that's a nice benefit. Mostly for int.

"
fjtheknight wrote:

Nice corruptions by the way :) Do you have a link to the new corruption implicits? I can't find them anywhere.

Thank you for your suggestion. If I made any mistakes or if there are somethings that are not clear, feel free to post again. Thank you!

Yeah I got lucky with them. I have no list of possible outcomes. Just looked on poe what corrupted weapons have. I also got a fortify on hit Nebuloh.

In general this is a pretty nice build. Working well so far although I haven't tried the shaper yet, but judging from another MS build I've done he shouldn't be a problem. Thanks.
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
"
"
fjtheknight wrote:

Hello there!

That's why I mentioned this with a quote about getting one-shot without ECs. With them it should probably be ok. Without them though it's another story.

"
fjtheknight wrote:

Yes, I read this in the guide. The enchant does make it enticing. But that would be the only chance for me to consider it. MS enchants are expensive in general so getting one so cheaply is always good.

"
fjtheknight wrote:

7-8% more damage is half the damage the abyssus gives. So it's damage benefit is cut in half. I believe this should be mentioned. Just changing the helmet and calculating how much damage you get without changing your other gear to accommodate for the missing resists is misleading. Also you can get flat phys from abyssal jewels. It's hard to find them now so crafting may be a better option. Anyway the point I'm trying to make is that the abyssus does give you more damage but not as much as you mention in the guide.

"
fjtheknight wrote:

Yeah that's a nice benefit. Mostly for int.

"
fjtheknight wrote:

Yeah I got lucky with them. I have no list of possible outcomes. Just looked on poe what corrupted weapons have. I also got a fortify on hit Nebuloh.

In general this is a pretty nice build. Working well so far although I haven't tried the shaper yet, but judging from another MS build I've done he shouldn't be a problem. Thanks.

I know that there are many options but what I wanted to do is to create a build that can do all content while being very tanky (my pc is crap so it needs to survive short lags/freezes) and affordable, and I think I succeeded in that.

The benefit I mentioned in the guide was from the passage from a rare helmet to abyssus+enchant. You should be able to do shaper whithout abyssus. I did shaper last league without loreweave nor enchanted abyssus but decided to upgrade my gear for the uber elder fight.

Thank you again and have fun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info