[3.3] HeiroFat: the Pen Is Mightier (HC, All Content, Perm IC, Boss Killer)

"
Pownio wrote:
Hi, why Greater multiple projectiles support it's only lvl 2?

No reason at all. You don't need to level it, but you can if you want.
"
You don't want to go over 4aps per spell in the pen. Staying around 3.9 or so is recommended due to ping/lag.

I took out Faster Attacks Support and that puts me at 3.8APS during combat. I'll play with this for awhile. I can probably change the gloves to some something with more life/mana/resists/damage if I don't need to keep the attack and cast speed mod.

Took out Chimera and Hydra for the first time (never really done any of the end-game bosses). Still need maps for the other two guardians. Soon!
Last edited by joNDel_x on May 4, 2018, 10:16:06 PM
"
joNDel_x wrote:
"
You don't want to go over 4aps per spell in the pen. Staying around 3.9 or so is recommended due to ping/lag.

I took out Faster Attacks Support and that puts me at 3.8APS during combat. I'll play with this for awhile. I can probably change the gloves to some something with more life/mana/resists/damage if I don't need to keep the attack and cast speed mod.

Took out Chimera and Hydra for the first time (never really done any of the end-game bosses). Still need maps for the other two guardians. Soon!

Minotaur will be super easy as well. Watch a video on Phoenix. His explosion can still hurt you if you have -res stacks on.
Just cleared The Hall of Grandmasters for the first time on any character!

Anyone that plans to try it for the first time, the key is almost constant movement. As long as I was moving before and during engagement, with each wave, I generally cleared them with ease. I basically just spammed Frenzy and moved around via Bodyswap...

All of the Shaper guardians are down (note, this is the first time I've ever tried any of these). On Chimera, I died twice on the smoke phase before I figured out what to do. For Minotaur, I died once when I got stuck on the center wall. The other two were deathless. What I do isn't necessarily "elegant" - it's basically just spam Frenzy continuously while moving around via Bodyswap. Next time, I may try to remove Bodyswap and add a damage support to VD, as suggested in this thread. So far, damage seemed to be fine though; and, Bodyswap jumping helped keep me alive.

I've cleared Elder, and his guardians, on yellow and red maps (twice now on Red), though my first time on a red map I didn't keep Shaper up to get the best drops. The 2nd time I got an Anger mod Watcher's Eye, which I sold and then bought a double Anger mod Watcher's Eye...

I had done some of the low/mid level maps on another build, but I'm now at 156/157 maps cleared from this build, primarily.

I plan to attempt Shaper for the first time, soon!
Last edited by joNDel_x on May 6, 2018, 10:12:41 PM
I'm glad you're enjoying the build! It's very strong and can tackle pretty much everything the game has to offer. GL with shaper, he's easier than elder in a lot of ways (his slam is full phys).
"
joNDel_x wrote:
Just cleared The Hall of Grandmasters for the first time on any character!

Anyone that plans to try it for the first time, the key is almost constant movement. As long as I was moving before and during engagement, with each wave, I generally cleared them with ease. I basically just spammed Frenzy and moved around via Bodyswap...

All of the Shaper guardians are down (note, this is the first time I've ever tried any of these). On Chimera, I died twice on the smoke phase before I figured out what to do. For Minotaur, I died once when I got stuck on the center wall. The other two were deathless. What I do isn't necessarily "elegant" - it's basically just spam Frenzy continuously while moving around via Bodyswap. Next time, I may try to remove Bodyswap and add a damage support to VD, as suggested in this thread. So far, damage seemed to be fine though; and, Bodyswap jumping helped keep me alive.

I've cleared Elder, and his guardians, on yellow and red maps (twice now on Red), though my first time on a red map I didn't keep Shaper up to get the best drops. The 2nd time I got an Anger mod Watcher's Eye, which I sold and then bought a double Anger mod Watcher's Eye...

I had done some of the low/mid level maps on another build, but I'm now at 156/157 maps cleared from this build, primarily.

I plan to attempt Shaper for the first time, soon!

Can u post ur actual build pls?
"
kovalk123 wrote:
Can u post ur actual build pls?

https://pastebin.com/1RVf23jV

Equipment
Spoiler

Jewels
Spoiler

Flasks
Spoiler
Fire-Cold-Lightning Resistances all equal at 89% for maximum benefit from The Wise Oak.

Tree (I don't know how to post a shortened version of this!)

I've played with 4 different Poet's Pen builds, and this is by far the smoothest and safest build I've seen. Hat's off to OP for a great job!
Last edited by joNDel_x on May 16, 2018, 11:00:05 PM
So quiet now - I think everyone is in Flashback...
Has anyone looked at this build to see how viable it will be in the next league? What changes would you suggest?
"
joNDel_x wrote:

https://pastebin.com/1RVf23jV

Equipment
Spoiler

Flasks
Spoiler
Fire-Cold-Lightning Resistances all equal at 89% for maximum benefit from The Wise Oak.

I don't think Atziri's promise works with Xoph's blood, maybe i'm wrong.

Anyway i'm enjoying this build i've changed some passives less life for more damges cause i'm playing SC. i've killed shaper for the first time ever !!
Now i'm kinda stuck, i don't know how i can improve my gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info