[3.9] Pure Phys Skeletons & Friends Necromancer — Beginner/SSF/Budget Build

"
McMorning wrote:
"
Nyktar wrote:
"
McMorning wrote:
Love this build. Did all content no problem.
These are my gears. Most are self crafted.
Spoiler

New player here, can you tell me how to craft that beautiful helm of yours? thanx!

I just spammed bound fossil to elder bone helmet ilvl 83.
If you have the currency, get ilvl 86 helment as you have a chance to hit +3 to minion gem.

thanx!! i'll definitely give it a try!
"
"
McMorning wrote:
Love this build. Did all content no problem.

I just spammed bound fossil to elder bone helmet ilvl 83.
If you have the currency, get ilvl 86 helmet as you have a chance to hit +3 to a minion gem.

Hey man, I was looking at your character and saw that you were running a flame golem. I went and got a tricked out gem to try but when he's up I don't see any difference in my tooltip numbers.

Could you expand on why you run this to a noob?

Cheers,
Matt

"
Llyrain wrote:
As an alternative weapon I use this at the moment:

since no crafting luck with wands.
It has fairly good offensive stats (not top), but some defensive perks.

With vaal skeleton out I have 70% block without any investing in block which is fairly good to notice.
The regeneration is good, too - if you don't use zombies actively, you can just summon 10 unsupported ones as defense line.

According to the wiki there seem to be some issues with lag?

Do you have any lag issues using the staff, especially when casting Vaal Skeletons?
"
Mattyd_UK wrote:

Hey man, I was looking at your character and saw that you were running a flame golem. I went and got a tricked out gem to try but when he's up I don't see any difference in my tooltip numbers.

Could you expand on why you run this to a noob?

Cheers,
Matt

I've been testing various golems since we take the Golem Commander node and can summon two. At this point though I'm so tanky that the earth or chaos golems don't really do much. Anecdotally it looks like a carrion golem does more damage than a flame golem, so I might switch back to two carrions and use the extra gem slot for something else.

I'm going to try skitterbots next. With a doryani's giving me 2k ES on top of 6k health I think I can sacrifice the extra defense layer MoM gives (skitterbots reserve 35% mana so MoM won't work well any more). I'm going to take Wicked Ward instead since I have a fairly large ES pool now.

Hmm I could even take EB and MoM to get that defensive layer while running an aura and skitterbots. I'll have to drop the spirit offering, since the extra ES won't matter any more. I'll probably replace with IC or Steelskin. I'll also probably add Flesh and Stone since I can take the reservation hit.
Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Oct 10, 2019, 4:29:11 PM
hey - first of all: thank you very much for this guide! i've had a really smooth leveling/mapping so far

just one question: why do you specify such low levels for enfeeble and spirit offering? i guess there is a specific game mechanic i'm just not aware of ..
Uber Atziri:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFVrYxwFlZE&t=2s

Uber Elder:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YABqGPp3qyA&t=3s
~A Women Can Change The World With A Single, Well-Placed Arrow~
"
madmayr wrote:
hey - first of all: thank you very much for this guide! i've had a really smooth leveling/mapping so far

just one question: why do you specify such low levels for enfeeble and spirit offering? i guess there is a specific game mechanic i'm just not aware of ..

They must be this level so that Cast When Damage Taken can cast them. CWDT at level 1 can only trigger gems requiring level 38 or lower.
why didnt skelletons follow up?

before last patch they run beside me.. now i have to recast them all 2 new screens... flow is gone
Bayern des samma mia
I would say I am done for this build, its main problem is that it destroys everything (I mean really everything) in a too low budget.
Anyway I tried to minmax every slot a little bit, so here is my equip. I am open to suggestions to further improve.
I think this is the strongest and cheapest build I ever played.

Been playing with this bould couple days and I must say also that it's stupidly strong! Great job with the build! I also made few changes to it just to overkill things in favour of some tankiness and found myself exploding all endgame bosses... heres my items so far, still trying to minmax things because this build have a lot of space to improve item wise.

The added pride and skitterbots almost double the effective dps!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info