[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

"
Skedoosh wrote:
Build still working great with low quality gear, and having lots of fun with it. Currently doing t11 maps with few to no issues on any map mods.
I am having a hard time finding a decent amulet though, do you think this could be worked into the build? https://prnt.sc/iv2rjn. Currently using a Carnage Heart.

That also got me thinking that despair might be worth considering instead of temp chains, but I guess the *increased duration from it is essential?

Answered this already.
Time for an FAQ I guess.

Despair is nice for clearspeed because non-bosses take like 60% more damage. I prefer Temporal Chains because it's also defensive.

"
g4u55l4w wrote:
hey, just a question

is it worth taking the heartseeker node on the right side of passive tree?
Nope, the small Claw Nodes are better than Heartseeker. You can check PoB for the most efficient nodes.

"
SenecaHaze wrote:
one question also i love this build but here goes would point blank be worth obtaining at all? the chaos damage increase for two points seems like a good idea imo unless i am missing something.
It doesn't affect your poison damage, only the initial hit.
So it's not worth it in my opinion.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Mar 23, 2018, 7:57:02 AM
Any chance for some mapping and shaper video?

Dps seems highly unreliable due to how the boss moves around etc and the RNG involved in how many of the balls hit (even more so with ancestral call).

But I really love the concept, and I love molten strike (I did a volkuur quill rain build, squishy as fk but did good dps).
seems like adding in dirty techniques on the bottom of passive tree is worth it

adds tons of dps
"
Hjalm wrote:
Any chance for some mapping and shaper video?

Dps seems highly unreliable due to how the boss moves around etc and the RNG involved in how many of the balls hit (even more so with ancestral call).

But I really love the concept, and I love molten strike (I did a volkuur quill rain build, squishy as fk but did good dps).
I have two map videos, one with MS and one with FB.
I prefer Frost Blades for mapping myself, you can see me lagging a lot in the Molten Strike video and it only gets worse with larger packsize.

I tried to record Shaper two times, but the videos turned out with bad quality (might be because I'm fighting him on lockstep).
Not going to happen from my side, sorry.

Shaper literally doesn't move, he only teleports every 5-10 seconds or so. Bosses that do move get slowed by Maim + Hinder.
The damage is reliable because you have so many balls. You'll nearly always hit with the same amount of projectiles (but most likely never all of them).

The fight is pretty simple though:
Slam: dodge
Balls: move into melee range and he won't do the attack, this means you can't use Ancestral Call though.
Beam: move away or if you have balls facetank it with Ancestral Call
Portals: place your Wither totem at the portal and stand next to it to block the creatures

"
g4u55l4w wrote:
seems like adding in dirty techniques on the bottom of passive tree is worth it

adds tons of dps
Less than 3% per passive point isn't exactly a ton, but it's decent. Check my FAQ.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Mar 24, 2018, 6:25:41 AM
For lag I've started using the main gem link setup but keeping a void manipulation support gem swap for GMP while mapping. Just that one gem swap cuts down the lag pretty significantly. With GMP I was getting huge lag spikes but now it's only bad if there's a huge amount of enemies on screen.

e: Reading the OP and vile toxins would be better, I'm going to start running that instead.
Last edited by FreezardB on Mar 24, 2018, 1:46:25 PM
Is the wildfire jewel at the bottom doing anything, i dont see 40 strength in total there? am i missing something
"
Is the wildfire jewel at the bottom doing anything, i dont see 40 strength in total there? am i missing something
There's 50 strength in radius. You don't have to allocate it.
Builds and Guides:
Hi !

I usually make my own builds, but I suck balls at making good poison builds. For my 3rd char I tried your build, with a few tweaks, and it's really fun to play.

I have a couple questions though :
-I'm unsure about using GMP, like Barrage, I think its impact is lessened when I have the jewels and the +3 enchant, as it's "only" 40% more projectiles that can spread around the target. Wouldn't Vile Toxins be more reliable for single target ?
-I've been watching your videos, and I think you could double your single target DPS by attacking in place (without namelocking), and letting Ancestral Call hit the boss. Is that correct ?

Anyway, congrats for a super fun and effective build ! :)
I want to ask if i gonna get a 4 link frost blade for clear speed. What support gem should i use?
"
Sarodh1 wrote:
Hi !

I usually make my own builds, but I suck balls at making good poison builds. For my 3rd char I tried your build, with a few tweaks, and it's really fun to play.

I have a couple questions though :
-I'm unsure about using GMP, like Barrage, I think its impact is lessened when I have the jewels and the +3 enchant, as it's "only" 40% more projectiles that can spread around the target. Wouldn't Vile Toxins be more reliable for single target ?
-I've been watching your videos, and I think you could double your single target DPS by attacking in place (without namelocking), and letting Ancestral Call hit the boss. Is that correct ?

Anyway, congrats for a super fun and effective build ! :)
1) I was already considering that before I got my helmet.
Vile Toxins is the best choice for pure DPS, but GMP also increases your life on hit and poison duration (also lag). You could easily use both gems.

2) That's right. Some bosses require you to stand in their face though (Shaper, Minotaur), so it's not always the best thing to do. But in general it is.
It takes some practice getting used to it because you need to stand a bit aways from the enemy. you can't just aim somewhere else because Multistrike will autotarget (and Multistrike is 90% more damage so you can't drop that).

"
Hoàng_Lanh wrote:
I want to ask if i gonna get a 4 link frost blade for clear speed. What support gem should i use?
Do you want to use it along Molten Strike?
Then probably FB - Multistrike - Ancestral Call - Chain.
Builds and Guides:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info