[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

Hello SHEPUUURD
I played this build a few leagues back and wants to revisit it again. I'm wondering if you can do a PF or Raider tree for it. I did the assassin version but wanted to try out either PF since it has really good synergy with poison or the reworked raider. Or is this build just not viable anymore in 3.8?

Thanks in advance
"
waybsterce wrote:
Hello SHEPUUURD
I played this build a few leagues back and wants to revisit it again. I'm wondering if you can do a PF or Raider tree for it. I did the assassin version but wanted to try out either PF since it has really good synergy with poison or the reworked raider. Or is this build just not viable anymore in 3.8?

Thanks in advance
Assassin is currently better than PF for the most part - and Raider isn't even an option for poison.

As I wrote in the last few pages, MS got several mechanical nerfs so I wouldn't recommend it atm. I did play poison this league (Cobra Lash), but even that took a lot of gear to feel good DPS wise.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
waybsterce wrote:
Hello SHEPUUURD

Thanks in advance
Assassin is currently better than PF for the most part - and Raider isn't even an option for poison.

As I wrote in the last few pages, MS got several mechanical nerfs so I wouldn't recommend it atm. I did play poison this league (Cobra Lash), but even that took a lot of gear to feel good DPS wise.

I see. Thanks for the respond
Good morning,

Hi SHEPUUURD

Whats your thoughts on

Tribal Fury

12% increased Melee Damage
Strike Skills target 1 additional nearby Enemy

Is this perhaps good enough to drop AC and go with combustions or something else with the fire build ?

Last edited by FKNalpha on Nov 12, 2019, 10:31:59 AM
"
FKNalpha wrote:
Good morning,

Hi SHEPUUURD

Whats your thoughts on

Tribal Fury

12% increased Melee Damage
Strike Skills target 1 additional nearby Enemy

Is this perhaps good enough to drop AC and go with combustions or something else with the fire build ?

It's one of the better annoints. Offensively you could choose either between this or something that grants you maybe ~10% more damage.

I'm not sure if the AoE is sufficient without AC, but I'd recommend it regardless.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Nov 13, 2019, 4:39:40 AM
@SHEPUUURD

Have you look at this build , this league?

That's all ill say :)
;p
Last edited by UntoTheCruel on Apr 10, 2020, 3:54:35 PM
Anyone know how he is getting to the number of 560 poisons applied recently number? Didn't really see it in the thread. Thanks.
"
inB4nOOb wrote:
Anyone know how he is getting to the number of 560 poisons applied recently number? Didn't really see it in the thread. Thanks.

"
If you're wondering how I got the 560 poisons recently number, it's a single target estimate using:
attack speed (10) * Ancestral Call (2) * recently (4) * number of projectiles (14) * chance for a projectile to hit (0.5, estimated)
It can be lower, but also higher - depending on what you're fighting. In either way it does not affect the way you build your character (poison duration is never worth getting).

Calculating your single target DPS/recovery
Since the poison duration is so highly variable (and let's be honest, nothing's going to survive the time it takes to reach a full ramp up anyway), it's a better idea to calculate how your poison ramps up. The first thing you'll need for that is your projectile hit rate.

Projectile Hit Rate:
Can be calculated by multiplying your melee attack speed with 2 (Ancestral Call clone) and the number of projectiles that are going to hit.

Here is a calculator for the hit rate. Against bosses this is somewhere between 40-50%.
Using my Delve character with 14 projectiles and a 50% chance to hit, this is:
9.39 * 2 * 14 * 0.5 = 131.46 hits per second

Poison DPS
I'm leaving out direct hit damage here because it doesn't really matter.
To calculate your damage ramp, multiply the Projectile poison DPS with the number of hits per second, then add your Melee Poison DPS multiplied with your attack speed on top (to account for the Melee clone). Again, using my character:
5972.5 * 131.46 + 9955.4 * 9.39 = 878626.06

This is the DPS after 1 second of ramping up, this means damage while continuously attacking would ramp up like this:
after 1 second: 878626
after 2 seconds: 1757252
after 3 seconds: 2635878
etc., until your poison starts running out.

Recovery
Once again using my character, add up your Projectile Hit Rate, the one Ancestral Call clone and multiply it with your Life Gain on Hit to get your LgoH per second:
(131.46 + 9.39) * 94 = 13239.9

You could add leech here too, but it's not very powerful anyway.
ok thanks....kind of way off though considering for single target....ancestral call doesn't apply since it's "2 additional nearby targets" meaning, in addition to the target of your strike. So everything after that isn't accurate at all.

i've just been switching in vicious proj for single target boss fights. Good build none the less though. I enjoy face tanking, and this build def lets you do that.
Last edited by inB4nOOb on Mar 20, 2020, 12:21:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info