[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

wow.it's beautifal
How did you do that
fire bird.
what do you think about the node Dirty Technique ? Increase 70% poison dmg and duration
"
Magpower wrote:
A little mad that I didn't pen this down first- but good to see that others out there have similar build ideas. Makes me feel like I know what I am doing sometimes. Good work!

P.S. - I had originally planned out a Frostblades-Gloomfang set up for clear; would you sub that ammy in instead of chain for the frostblades option?
All you really get is a chain and the life loss on hit is pretty bad considering our hit rate. The extra chaos damage is not a lot because we mainly scale flat chaos damage.
The good thing about Poison is that it doesn't get a damage penalty from chain, which makes the gem so nice.
I personally wouldn't use it.

"
devilkjngs wrote:
what do you think about the node Dirty Technique ? Increase 70% poison dmg and duration
It's decent. Duration isn't worth anything because we already get so much.
If you check my PoB link, it's about 3% damage per skill point, which is not bad.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Congrats on build, man! Im using and loving it. Right now I am lvl 83, melting red elders and guardians. Next step is lvl up more, stack more life to go for shaper and uber elder.

I have two questions, if you can help me:

1) Do you think it worth to spend 7 points to reach Growth and Decay node?
2) If possible, can you check my profile to sugest any gear upgrade? Char name: BitterbBomb

Thanks in advance! cheers!
"
Xuuu wrote:
Congrats on build, man! Im using and loving it. Right now I am lvl 83, melting red elders and guardians. Next step is lvl up more, stack more life to go for shaper and uber elder.

I have two questions, if you can help me:

1) Do you think it worth to spend 7 points to reach Growth and Decay node?
2) If possible, can you check my profile to sugest any gear upgrade? Char name: BitterbBomb

Thanks in advance! cheers!
1) Not really, there's plenty of better accessible damage nodes. I don't value the life regen enough to be worth 7 points.
Load my PoB link and check "Show Node Power", then you'll see the best passives highlighted.

2)I'd get better jewels and a Stygian Vise. Level 21 Added Chaos will give you a lot of damage.
If you can afford it, get a helmet enchantment, too.
This character is very simple to gear, so there's not a lot you need to get really.
Builds and Guides:
I'm using this build right now (and really enjoying it, completely over-the-top laggy death spam is right up my alley), but when I look at my build in comparison to yours in PoB I only have about half the DPS and for the life of me I can't figure out why. Am I missing something major here?

https://pastebin.com/C4TZ5EWk

I adjusted the # of poisons down on my configuration but the 1/2 DPS is compared to what yours would be at the same #.

Edit: Okay I figured it out - for whatever reason your wither in your PoB is doing 90% increased chaos damage taken instead of 6. Is there some magical source of wither I don't know about? o_0
Last edited by FreezardB on Mar 20, 2018, 12:41:45 AM
A very pleasant build. I'm just finishing level 92 and here's my question what points to add on the next level on the tree

and what a good idea is to fight the bosses to change the ancestral call gem to melee physical damage
Last edited by Vikingoz on Mar 20, 2018, 3:39:28 AM
"
FreezardB wrote:
I'm using this build right now (and really enjoying it, completely over-the-top laggy death spam is right up my alley), but when I look at my build in comparison to yours in PoB I only have about half the DPS and for the life of me I can't figure out why. Am I missing something major here?

https://pastebin.com/C4TZ5EWk

I adjusted the # of poisons down on my configuration but the 1/2 DPS is compared to what yours would be at the same #.

Edit: Okay I figured it out - for whatever reason your wither in your PoB is doing 90% increased chaos damage taken instead of 6. Is there some magical source of wither I don't know about? o_0
Wither is a stacking debuff. You can select it as a skill in PoB and then put the stacks to 15.

"
Vikingoz wrote:
A very pleasant build. I'm just finishing level 92 and here's my question what points to add on the next level on the tree

and what a good idea is to fight the bosses to change the ancestral call gem to melee physical damage
1) I'd either get the minor claw/crit nodes or go up to the duelist start and get more life.

2) Ancestral call is still the best gem for single target. You can attack slightly away from a boss to make both your and the clone's projectiles hit.
If you want to replace it, use Damage on Full Life, not Melee Physical Damage.
Melee Phys. only scales the initial hit, which is bad. We want to scale the projectiles.
Builds and Guides:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info