[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

"
foojin wrote:
Thanks, sad news is that 700 fusings did not give me a 6L belly and my last 400 chromes in standard did not give me the right colors on Dendrobate. So now I'm a poor sob in standard, feels bad...

Build is allot of fun though, the only bad part is performance (which is actually a big part). Also getting the required int for wither is annoying. Still cleaning on up some T10-12 maps but will soon move on to the higher tiers.

Did you ever try frostblades?
This is why I never 6link myself lol.

You don't have to level Wither actually, the important part (chaos damage taken) is the same at every level. Just keep it at the highest level you can.

I've added a gem setup and video for Frost Blades yesterday. I think it's really good.

"
karitas wrote:
Why do you get crit ele nodes in shadow? Also, why not the ailment/shield nodes in ranger/duelist?

1) to reach Assassination, a very good node. Also the intelligence is helpful for stat requirements.
2) because it's not good enough. I know that's a stupid answer, but that's really all there is to it.

The skill tree is not set in stone though, you can always make some changes in every build.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Mar 16, 2018, 6:52:25 AM
CAN YOU CHECK MY PROFILE. I STILL THINK MY POISON DAMAGE IS STILL NOT ENOUGH. I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF MY GEAR SUCK OR MY SKILL SUCK
"
Hoàng_Lanh wrote:
CAN YOU CHECK MY PROFILE. I STILL THINK MY POISON DAMAGE IS STILL NOT ENOUGH. I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF MY GEAR SUCK OR MY SKILL SUCK

WHERE EXACTLY DO YOU NEED MORE DAMAGE? IS IT AOE OR SINGLE TARGET? YOU CAN MAKE IMPROVEMENTS TO BOTH BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHERE.

I NEVER FELT LIKE I NEEDED MORE DAMAGE SO I JUST TOOK A LOT OF HEALTH.

THE DELAYED DAMAGE HOWEVER IS A DOWNSIDE OF THE BUILD THAT YOU HAVE TO GET USED TO.
Builds and Guides:
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
Hoàng_Lanh wrote:

WHERE EXACTLY DO YOU NEED MORE DAMAGE? IS IT AOE OR SINGLE TARGET? YOU CAN MAKE IMPROVEMENTS TO BOTH BUT I NEED TO KNOW WHERE.

I NEVER FELT LIKE I NEEDED MORE DAMAGE SO I JUST TOOK A LOT OF HEALTH.

THE DELAYED DAMAGE HOWEVER IS A DOWNSIDE OF THE BUILD THAT YOU HAVE TO GET USED TO.

I think my single target missing somthing. Because i always think kill before get kill and my dodge skill is quite crap. I've done with hydra but when i meet minortaur he is took longer to kill so i die before him. Anyways this build is really fun to play
"
Hoàng_Lanh wrote:
I think my single target missing somthing. Because i always think kill before get kill and my dodge skill is quite crap. I've done with hydra but when i meet minortaur he is took longer to kill so i die before him. Anyways this build is really fun to play
For single target you're missing a Wither Totem which is about 90% more damage.

Also (I should probably put this in the guide) there's a trick with Ancestral Call:
If you stand a bit away from the boss you can spawn balls from both you and your clone. https://youtu.be/-1ngA-vf4Qg.
You should always try to do this; pretty much doubles your damage.

You can facetank most Guardians with good gear, but your life is too low for that right now so you have to dodge.
Also, there are some attacks that will almost always oneshot you, like Phoenix' explosion, Minotaur's burrow or Shaper's slam.

If you look at my Minotaur video, I facetank most of it but still move aways when he burrows.
In the Hydra video i dodge everything because I didn't feel tanky enough.
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Mar 16, 2018, 2:38:50 PM
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
For single target you're missing a Wither Totem which is about 90% more damage.

Also (I should probably put this in the guide) there's a trick with Ancestral Call:
If you stand a bit away from the boss you can spawn balls from both you and your clone. https://youtu.be/-1ngA-vf4Qg.
You should always try to do this; pretty much doubles your damage.

You can facetank most Guardians with good gear, but your life is too low for that right now so you have to dodge.
Also, there are some attacks that will almost always oneshot you, like Phoenix' explosion, Minotaur's burrow or Shaper's slam.

If you look at my Minotaur video, I facetank most of it but still move aways when he burrows.
In the Hydra video i dodge everything because I didn't feel tanky enough.

I don't understand when you say take it out cause it die easily. Thanks for your information. I've play 2 of your build and it's great. By the way can you consider making a scion build, i love her
"
Hoàng_Lanh wrote:
I don't understand when you say take it out cause it die easily. Thanks for your information. I've play 2 of your build and it's great. By the way can you consider making a scion build, i love her
The Purity of Ice/Kaom's Roots gear is only for the Uber Elder fight, not in general.

DP totems actually was a Scion build and is still playable on her.

I'm not sure about making a new guide right now.
It'd have to be something special/meme-y that no one has done yet (but still be good).

...Maybe RF?
Builds and Guides:
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Mar 16, 2018, 3:49:43 PM
Thanks a ton for your guide. I have a question about the gear update priorities

Body armour: I guess thats the first upgrade i need, like you said in your OP about the 6L. [edit: bought a belly]
The belt and boots are mostly temporary, but i kinda dig the boots.

I am torn about thiefs torment. with two rings i have a lot of room for resists

1. What do i upgrade after the body armour?

2. What are the most important gems to have quality?

Last edited by sintflut2012 on Mar 17, 2018, 5:38:31 AM
Which one would you is better to start, a 5L Dendrobate, or a random 6L with some life and resistances?
"
KatKira wrote:
Which one would you is better to start, a 5L Dendrobate, or a random 6L with some life and resistances?

Read the initial post...

The build does not use a dendrobate and he even writes about why a 6L is important in the gem section.
Last edited by foojin on Mar 17, 2018, 8:51:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info