[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

I think i will make some changes on tree, going for Bloodless and Unwavering Stance. Its minimum HP lost but we get good nice node (stune and leech immune) so we can pick another Pantheon major. What are you think about this?

https://goo.gl/XsYEFr

About ES i think this build have HUGE potential to be a great as ES
Last edited by loczek123 on Apr 3, 2018, 7:03:25 PM
"
ToxicXfi wrote:
hey guys still cant afford a Lycosidae shield so what base type shield should i be aiming for to try crafting one instead?

gear so far
Spoiler

got me a belly but need currency to try getting sockets and then linking them, may take some time to do
Spoiler

Don't bother with Belly. Lycosidae is FAR more important, save currency for that first, and buy a high life RRRGGB corrupt 6l to run with. I've got one with 127hp and there's only a difference of +264 more life at 92 with the belly over the corrupt 6l compared to the 445 the corrupt 6l already gives me. I'm saving for the helm enchant first tbh, and if I still play this long enough where I make enough currency to afford the helm enchant and 6l belly, then I might consider getting it.
Last edited by Zyrixion on Apr 4, 2018, 1:06:44 AM
OH MY GOD! I thought my reave/blade flurry assassin with blood seeker and gigantic stat offhand was strong. But it lacked raw damage reduction even with enfeeble and acrobatics, and I felt like I should be playing champion/juggernaut instead looking on poe.ninja.

Then I read your guide and said what heck, I got like 60 chaos I can spend on respec and gear. I can't afford the shield so I put on a Lioneye's Remorse for 1 alchemy orb with 200 health and 1800 armor. My six link from blade flurry build was already high in armor, so I ended up skipping acrobatic.

I carried over blasphemy + enfeeble (gigantic damage reduction against anything not hex proof) from blade flurry build, and as a nod to Engineering Eternity's quill rain build, I added mind over matter.

I walked into tier 13 map with level 1 gems for everything. OMG, I feel like a god! Things die pretty quickly even with level 1 skill gems and missing jewels. The reason EE took mind over matter is because with Thief's Torment, both of your life and mana pool are topped off at all times, so you constantly have that 30% damage buffer. I just don't see my health dip with this build like I did with dual wield blade flurry.

It is like bloodseeker with a 30% damage reduction on top of it, plus enfeeble, plus fortify, plus 6000 armor, 7000 evasion and 6000 life! This build has higher INT so I can easily get 30% enfeeble effect on helmet plus max level skill. The beauty of poison is, you spend very few points on damage! So a lot more points can be spent on defensive skills.

My worst fear going into this build was lag. Maybe it is because I held back on large group of mobs and didn't hold down my molten strike button, but I didn't feel any lag with i5 + GTX 1060!

Can't wait to buy the remaining items to complete this build!
Last edited by hitmantb on Apr 4, 2018, 2:50:55 AM
Hi, I really enjoyed this build and I believe I got my character to the very edge of gear. I did some light changes to the gear and ultimately I need to craft a better amulet (none of what I need are for sale) so I can switch my belt to an abyss one) and I need to level my character some more.

Currently I am at lvl 86 and I am being able to face tank literally anything and still pull good DPS. I recorded a run on Lair of the Hydra (only relevant mod was +41% increased life) where I face tanked a 4 essence, Tul's Breach and the boss itself. In case you want to add it to your list of videos or just see what's my result, here's a full run on the map

On a side note, do you have any other suggestions for gloves in place of Fenumu's Weave? It is an extreme DPS boost when you get to three webs on targets and I can't really think of anything in replacement of that for upcoming seasons (considering to have this as my boss killer in general).

Thanks for sharing your build, it is extremely fun!

Here's my current gear:

Spoiler

Last edited by kHeinzen on Apr 4, 2018, 6:37:11 AM
hey can someone please answer this so in the gem setup we have CWDT (LVL1) - Inc Duraton(max LVL) - Immortal call (LVL3) - Vaal Grace(max LVL) but by doing this the CWDT setup is not going to auto proc the vaal grace correct? how would we auto proc it?

thanks
IGN: The_Nutcase
"
tectra wrote:
hey man nice build !. why path of building said that crit multi will increase damage of poison? and why you dont pick it up?
The flask (Coralito's Signature) grants Perfect Agony, which makes crit multi apply to poison.
You need to have the flask up and only gain 30% of the effectiveness, so it's generally inefficient to take crit multi. The minor claw crit nodes are still pretty good, however.

"
loczek123 wrote:
I think i will make some changes on tree, going for Bloodless and Unwavering Stance. Its minimum HP lost but we get good nice node (stune and leech immune) so we can pick another Pantheon major. What are you think about this?

https://goo.gl/XsYEFr

About ES i think this build have HUGE potential to be a great as ES
Tree-wise it's good, the problem is you lose a lot of evasion (and blind) from Unwavering Stance.
I don't think any Pantheon is worth that much and stuns aren't really a problem with Brine King.
The exception to that is Uber Elder, but there you'd take Kaom's Roots anyway to protect from slow aswell.

ES sounds interesting with the Fenumus' Boots, you'll probably have to give up the Wildfire jewels but there is a good chance it might work.

"
kHeinzen wrote:
Hi, I really enjoyed this build and I believe I got my character to the very edge of gear. I did some light changes to the gear and ultimately I need to craft a better amulet (none of what I need are for sale) so I can switch my belt to an abyss one) and I need to level my character some more.

Currently I am at lvl 86 and I am being able to face tank literally anything and still pull good DPS. I recorded a run on Lair of the Hydra (only relevant mod was +41% increased life) where I face tanked a 4 essence, Tul's Breach and the boss itself. In case you want to add it to your list of videos or just see what's my result, here's a full run on the map

On a side note, do you have any other suggestions for gloves in place of Fenumu's Weave? It is an extreme DPS boost when you get to three webs on targets and I can't really think of anything in replacement of that for upcoming seasons (considering to have this as my boss killer in general).

Thanks for sharing your build, it is extremely fun!

Here's my current gear:

Spoiler

Looks nice, remember to take a step away from Bosses (or swap gems) to make use of Ancestral Call, as this doubles your healing and damage.
Also you don't have to use the blind jewel if you're using Kaom's, since you can't evade. :p

I have options for Fenumus' Weave in the FAQ, but there's nothing that really comes close to it (I think there's a good chance this build will get nerfed anyway since it's been in BOTW).

"
ToxicXfi wrote:
hey can someone please answer this so in the gem setup we have CWDT (LVL1) - Inc Duraton(max LVL) - Immortal call (LVL3) - Vaal Grace(max LVL) but by doing this the CWDT setup is not going to auto proc the vaal grace correct? how would we auto proc it?

thanks
Vaal Skills can't be procced, you have to use them manually.
It's in that setup to benefit from Increased Duration, which makes it last 10-11 seconds.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Apr 4, 2018, 8:23:58 AM
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:

Looks nice, remember to take a step away from Bosses (or swap gems) to make use of Ancestral Call, as this doubles your healing and damage.
Also you don't have to use the blind jewel if you're using Kaom's, since you can't evade. :p

I have options for Fenumus' Weave in the FAQ, but there's nothing that really comes close to it (I think there's a good chance this build will get nerfed anyway since it's been in BOTW).

I switched to Kaom's about 20s before recording this (as a friend asked about the clear speed), I didn't go around fixing the jewels yet :)

Thanks for the tip on the Ancestral Call in any case, I assumed it wouldn't work for Single-Target at all, though. Still not completely sure how that support works
Last edited by kHeinzen on Apr 4, 2018, 8:42:45 AM
Just a quick question:

I wonder why we need to use the Lycosidae shield? I mean if we're one step away and don't attack with the initial melee attack, the balls hit in any case due to aoe. Or do I miss something here?
Hi mate, thank you for the guide!

I'm enjoying making this character so far and understand majority of your explanations.

One I can't see an explanation for, or might have missed though...

Would it be better to use Unbound Ailments rather than Deadly? Would have thought 20% less damage on hits with the molten balls is quite significant? Whereas with Unbound there isn't a downside is there?

Sorry if i'm missing the obvious! :)
Last edited by Converge57 on Apr 4, 2018, 2:26:05 PM
"
haGrOck wrote:
Just a quick question:

I wonder why we need to use the Lycosidae shield? I mean if we're one step away and don't attack with the initial melee attack, the balls hit in any case due to aoe. Or do I miss something here?

This projectiles are still attack (ye the poe mechanic it's confusing sometimes) and will be affected by your chance to hit so any % of hit lost its alot stack lost so :P

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info