[3.6] Acid Molten Strike Assassin - Uber Elder-viable Poison Build

You will lost to many points and jewel slot for that, one good jewel can be alot more helpfull (life/blind/ATS/mana etc) :)
Trial didn't last long back to original build way too spikey with the belt
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1533986/page/1
Silly question... why take unstable and deadly infusion ascendancy nodes?

Maybe I'm not understanding that +2% critical strike chance while at full power charges on Deadly Infusion. What's the difference between 'Critical Strike Chance' and 'increased Critical Strike Chance'? 2% seems so meaningless I'm just thinking I have to not be getting this.
"
Using the belt as a trial and pure res rings, I am finding there are some spikes at points nearly 7k HP can be some brown trouser moments and I find with the server lag you can die sundenly

I ran about a dozen maps today along with half a dozen uber labs and to be honest I didn't notice any difference between this setup vs Thiefs Torment. I'm only up to T13 maps, perhaps the difference may show up at higher maps.

"
You will lost to many points and jewel slot for that, one good jewel can be alot more helpfull (life/blind/ATS/mana etc) :)

I'm not sure what you mean by "lost to many points", I moved the blind jewel onto the tree in place of this jewel.

The tree itself didn't change, the rings made up for the lost resist, I did lose the 7% life and the 19% inc poison damage but I ended up with more life from the flat life on the rings, I get 76% inc poison damage from Fenumus' Toxic (19% per power charge x 4 power charges). So I actually came out ahead on both damage and life, not to mention the extra 160% crit chance from the 4 power charges.

Other benefits of a level 30 Poacher's Mark is you get 35% chance (vs 25% from blood rage) to gain a frenzy charge and 100% inc flask charge (this is a buff). The 59% less evasion on enemies will not matter to Lycosidae users but can be huge to those that couldn't afford one.

My next test is to take out Blood Rage since Poacher's Mark will give you the frenzy charges earlier and more reliably. A bonus of doing this is you don't have the 4% life degen anymore (you get to keep all your life regen), I will lose out on the attack speed bonus though. If this works, then I can put Vortex back in and move Vaal Grace onto the Blood Rage slot.

Edit: Try it out for youself, try it both ways and see if you notice any difference.
Edit2: In case it's not obvious, to run TC also you'll need a +1 curse ammy. This may be a problem with tougher bosses where TC helps.
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on Apr 6, 2018, 8:23:55 PM
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
I ran about a dozen maps today along with half a dozen uber labs and to be honest I didn't notice any difference between this setup vs Thiefs Torment. I'm only up to T13 maps, perhaps the difference may show up at higher maps.
It will actually. The reason life on hit on items is better than Poacher's Mark is because bosses have reduced curse effectiveness.
Curses are most effective when used against packs, which is why Enfeeble, Temporal Chains or Despair are generally more useful than Poacher's Mark.

Against T16+ bosses and Elder, a level 30 Poacher's Mark will only give you 6 life and 3 mana on hit.
The other thing is, you don't really need more life on hit against anything other than single target situations because Wasp Nest already provides enough for that.
Thief's Torment or Elder rings are really only for single target sustain.

The other question is, why use the Belt when you're limited to one curse (at least normally) and can quite easily run a Blasphemy setup instead?
The hexproof immunity is nice, but you do lose a lot vs an Abyss or Leather Belt.
Giving up resists is essentially giving up another unique that you could use instead - same goes for an Abyss Jewel, which can be worth 2-3 skill points.
Builds and Guides:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2198879
Last edited by SHEPUUURD on Apr 6, 2018, 8:33:15 PM
For those of you who can't afford Lycosidae, grab a Lioneye's Remorse for 1C.

Lycosidae is a 18% damage increase, yes, but this is a face tank build and 500-600 more health after multipliers, 17% physical damage reduction goes a long way in reducing death count IMO. I also use enfeeble instead of temporal chain, even against shaper it is 8% damage reduction.

With three skills reserved (25+25+35=85% mana), I only have 95 mana, but surprisingly not experiencing any issues.

Turned shadow to low, post processing to off, not too bad on lag!
Last edited by hitmantb on Apr 6, 2018, 11:43:37 PM
@SHEPUURD

love the build, its sexy (and so are you), killed atziri/elder/guardians. planning on attempting uber atziri/elder. will update as I go
"
SHEPUUURD wrote:
"
ilku wrote:
I just had one thought, wouldnt Pure Talent Jewel benefit ous pretty well? If we take the marauder, ranger and ofc we already have shadows starting locations?
Shadow doesn't do that much, our base crit chance is already over 10% (which is a LOT) due to weapon & ascendancy.
Duelist is completely useless because we use life on hit, leech is very weak on this build.
Ranger is decent.
Marauder is ok, too. Although more AoE effectively reduces your single target damage on Molten Strike.

I personally wouldn't use it over a rare jewel.

Ohh, but how come it would reduce single target damage? Doesnt it mean more projectiles hit the boss and thus increasing the number or poisons and hits? Or am i thinking about this in the wrong way?
"
I'm not sure what you mean by "lost to many points", I moved the blind jewel onto the tree in place of this jewel.

My answer was about using a Pure Talent Jewel ;)

About the belt, its just good alternative for a buget begining but in min maxing you will lost to much. If you want min/maxing you will raplace a Thief for a Elder ring (+# HP on hit), you can also try setup i made Elder ring (+#hp on hit)/+1 curse ring/Impresence(give you tons of dps) and give free despair ;) Its not cheap but i can do on 79 maps T15 easy and maps T12 doing witch Tabula and Frost Blades gems on it :)

My next step was a Lightpoacher (or really good rare helmet) enchanted (+# MS projectiles ofc), replace my belt to Stygian, maybe a better boots :p
Last edited by loczek123 on Apr 7, 2018, 1:16:07 AM
loving the build, I would like to video killing shaper.SHEPUUURD can evaluate my build. nice

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info