Item Splitting Beastcrafting Recipe Disabled

"
Ghostseer wrote:

So not only did you not address all of the issues I mentioned with nets, you're also pretending those few things I brought up are the only issues with nets.

Multiple net types for no reason,
nets replacing currency drops,
rarity of bestiary mobs,
bestiary mobs instantly breaking nets even when at 20% life,
low impact of the league mechanics on gameplay.

Just a few quick ones.

I'm not obligated to respond to every issue you bring up. I addressed the points with which I specifically disagreed. I did not misquote you or attempt to take you out of context. The other issues you mentioned here aren't things I've personally had any problem with and at this point I haven't seen evidence of them as poor design. But I don't know the statistics behind the new mechanics and realize that the anecdotal evidence provided by my league gameplay (about 70 hours, so far) cannot possibly tell me, for instance, whether nets are replacing other currency drops. For what it matters, I seem to be accumulating currency at a rate that is in line with my expectations, based on having played every challenge league so far.
Last edited by slably on Mar 9, 2018, 2:20:04 AM
The fact that you did not properly test such a mighty recipe is simply ridiculous. You might have well ruined to economy of the league already. Given that the league is otherwise extremely unrewarding, I might just go back to standard anyway.

I do NOT like the idea of having a complete rollback for everyone though as this would punish 99% of players for something that a few (this would get renoved by support) did to the community.

Rollback THEIR accounts, remove THESE items, RESTORE the currency for those who might have bought the duped items.

But don´t let the average player pay for YOUR and THEIR mistakes.
This league is the worst thing that happened with the poe, nothing more to say.
Hope next leagues will be better, because this game is amazing anyway.
"
PaoloPinkel wrote:
"
slably wrote:
The negative and entitled attitude of so many players posting on here is embarrassing

would have tought the playerbase of this game was above entitlement....
the precise thing i appreciate about PoE is that it doesnt cater to casuals entitlement and that this is a game thats basically designed to be expolited, a game where there are still secrets and knowledge and an elite who have access to those and who will not neccesarily share that knowledge with everyone upon discovery. i am far from being a part of that elite, still i can appreciate such gamedesign.

for anyone else theres always blizzard games or certain mobas with their pseudo-complexity while at the same time the current "meta" and "next-level-strats" are self-evident common knowledge to anyone.

communistic games, really.
games designed to make not-so-smart people feel smarter than they are.

let me rephrase it:
the great thing about PoE is precisely that something like this "dupping-"thing can occour.

Casuals are not entitled, it´s the Elitists. Did Casuals complain about Bestiary and the ability of strong recipes, about "hard work" in beast capturing?

No they did not, it was the entitled youth from reddit, the Elitist community that demanded easier captures and the removal of six link recipes, just because they were afraid of their wealth in a video game.

You might not realize this, but Casuals are the reason why you are even able to play this game. They work, they pump in money into this company, without them "your game" would not even exist.

Elitism is a huge issue in the gaming industry, it has destroyed WOW and D3 and it is now in the process of destroying POE. Do you honestly think Casuals stay in this game, if it is tailored for 1% of the playerbase? The removal of the recipe, the nerf on beast spawns is just terrible and once again, the Casuals have to pay the price for Elitists and their entitlement.
Last edited by Ygidua on Mar 9, 2018, 2:54:03 AM
Won't affect me in any way.
I will do my grind to 24 challenges and until I RIP.
Get my chicken legs wing attachment.
Then have some fun.

The issue is GGG's to deal with.

Thank you GGG for the free game.

Last edited by Quoll73 on Mar 9, 2018, 5:07:31 AM
Thanks for the info. It helps.
"
Ygidua wrote:
Casuals are not entitled, it´s the Elitists.

make sense please. do you even know what those words mean?
if someone belongs to the elite of any videogame, theres a reason for that: he is objectively better than the majority of the playerbase.
now "entitlement" in videogames means that someone who isnt as good still demands to enjoy the same benefits as the "elite".
do i really have to define and explain words to you?

"
Ygidua wrote:
You might not realize this, but Casuals are the reason why you are even able to play this game. They work, they pump in money into this company, without them "your game" would not even exist.

oh, the "get a life" / "i have a life" / "its just a game"-"argument"...on this forum, for this game, that was, as official statements from GGG declare, developed for rather dedicated and non-casual players...

"
Ygidua wrote:
Elitism is a huge issue in the gaming industry, it has destroyed WOW and D3 and it is now in the process of destroying POE. Do you honestly think Casuals stay in this game, if it is tailored for 1% of the playerbase?

rofl, so you are saying WoW and diablo3 have, as games, become better since blizzard shifted design towards casuals?
the nice thing about PoE is that many types of players can find many reasons for playing and enjoying this game. one player might have the goal of crafting the best stat-stick, another wants to play act 1 - 10 on every ascendancy, whatever.

please tell me in detail: how does this duping-thing actually affect your gameplay?
i know it doesnt affect mine. maybe that is because i play PoE for my very own reasons and other peopls stash has no impact on my enjoyment of the game.

people proclaiming their "individuality" and autonomous "personality"...but then all they ever do is eyeing others, comparing themselves with others that are beyond comparism...and it takes so little to cause outrage and the moaning of "unfairness" and "injustice" which are then, by these fine autonomous individuals, ironically articulated with the unanimous voice of a corps.
And here I thought after the necro-nets, they can't do another big mistake this league.
Oh yes...this dilemma was taking place beforehand.

But that's the way this game works, i guess.
Skill design, Items, Balance. Everything benefits just the few already powerful. I mean there's not a real choice what you might play. Only a few skill and build options can take the important content of the game. And no, i don't mean the ubers.

For a game that once was advertised with diversity and costumisation, the options for a effective build are strictly limited.

The result of all this is obvious. Just check the prices for Items which are needed for one of this builds.

The already powerful can accumulate even more wealth - POE getting more and more like real life.
Processing tuned down tempest shield MTX [pending...]
"
There's a common misconception in the community that our balance team doesn't play Path of Exile. They actually do play it, a whole lot. We have people with level 100 hardcore characters, multiple famous community members who have come to work for us and you may not even know it. The minimum requirement to join our QA team is 1000 hours of PoE experience, and we still turn people with that prerequisite away if they're not good enough at the game. Our design, balance and QA team are experts at Path of Exile.

Quality trolling GGG. Nice. 1000k hours QA team strikes again.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
OMG GGG turn it back on it has been storming here almost all week and my internet has been crap.I want a bunch of things :(. Still having fun this league, but with the necro nets, and now not being able to dupe all the things I am pretty bummed. Oh well back to doing chaos recipe for money Kappa.
~Play On~
WWW.ELITEOBSIDIANGAMING.COM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info