[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

Is there any single target setups for totems? I'm curious how not to kill for instance lieutenants in uber lab
I haven't tried to check it out in PoB, as I'm still quite new to the software, but has anyone looked at whether the Elemental Penetraiton on weapons may be an appealing addition?

2 alch gives 8-10 ele pen
3c gives 11-13 ele pen
1 ex gives 14-16 pen
"
morjax wrote:
I haven't tried to check it out in PoB, as I'm still quite new to the software, but has anyone looked at whether the Elemental Penetraiton on weapons may be an appealing addition?

3c gives 11-13 ele pen
1 ex gives 14-16 pen

dont tested yet the game crafting have changed 100% and we all are new now and testing crafting and stuff. Apearently it seems that u can veil and craft again so take care of that ppl xD
🅰🅻🅸🅽 ::: ! ♥ PoE ツ 👌 :::
So I'm slightly confused about the movement abilities...

Flame Dash + Faster Casting + Arcane Surge
Frostbomb + Phase Run + Increased Duration
Shield Charge + Faster Attacks + Fortify

Is the guide suggesting using all three movements abilities concurrently? Meaning you're supposed to use Phase Run to get out of sticky situations, Shield Charge for the Fortify buff and Flame Dash otherwise?
So, thankfully GGG announced that they will finally add the +1 Totem craft in the game. (https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2265554)
Save up your ilvl 75+ veiled shields.

Meanwhile a lot of players have been trying out the Multiple Totems Support in the main link, because 3 totems is a pretty awkward number if you summon double totems. I think it's detable if it's worth it, just decide for yourself.

Some math behind the damage: (base number is 5link 1totem)
- Our 6th support gem usually gives us around 26% more damage.
3 * 126% = 378%
- Using Multiple Totems we have a 21% less damage modifier at level 20.
5 * 79% = 395%

So Multiple Totems is better IF you have 5 totems up constantly.

Soulmantle is a good option to get to that sweet spot of 4 total totems, but hopefully we get the shield craft soon.

Which new crafts should we go for?
- Gain non-chaos damage as extra chaos damage is a very strong and often underestimated mod, since it acts like a more modifier. Go for the hybrid mod with spell damage on your weapon if that's possible.
- "Trigger a socketed spell when you use a skill" could be used to autocast Frost Bomb and Cold Snap (for frenzy charges).
- "Damage taken gaines as Mana" (hybrid with flat mana!) very strong craft on Rings and Amulets.
- "Damage taken leeched back as life" (dont have that mod yet)
- Otherwise go for life, mana, manaregen and chaos res.

"
Jval wrote:
Is searing bond totem worth using with the change to ascendancy giving us 3% more dmg per totem?

It's not worth the casting time and gem slot for just 3%.

"
TSO24 wrote:
Could you interchange the new Winter Orb skill with the current set? Would you make any changes?

I would add AoE nodes on the tree. Otherwise you should be fine to try it out. Maybe different support gems.

"
HunterKristi wrote:
Hi VisorX.Can u help me with a dilemma ? im lv 90 i have a soul mantle and im wondering if its ok to use multiple totems for +2 to have 6 totems or should i use faster projectiles / add cold dmg? im wondering if i have much dps with 6 totems instead 3/4 ( 4 with shield craft... but i dont like to play on shield , its seems for me i loss to manny dps ...) .

I would use added cold probably.

"
Critias1 wrote:
Why is Controlled Destruction linked to the totems when there are so many +crit nodes taken in the tree? Aren't they useless that way?

All increased and reduced modifiers in PoE are additive (contrary to more+less modifiers). This is a HUGE difference.

You will have around 600-800 increased critchance, so reducing that number by 100 doesn't hurt too much.

Also don't get baited by damage mods like 15% increased cold damage. It doesn't increase your damage by 15%, but effectively by about 3%.

"
FakelZ wrote:
Is there any single target setups for totems? I'm curious how not to kill for instance lieutenants in uber lab

Full Key runs are pretty difficult with totems. You could try slower projectiles support and lure him into the corner away from the first lieutenant.

"
scribL wrote:
So I'm slightly confused about the movement abilities...

Flame Dash + Faster Casting + Arcane Surge
Frostbomb + Phase Run + Increased Duration
Shield Charge + Faster Attacks + Fortify

Is the guide suggesting using all three movements abilities concurrently? Meaning you're supposed to use Phase Run to get out of sticky situations, Shield Charge for the Fortify buff and Flame Dash otherwise?

You just have to find your own flow. Flame Dash should be the main movement skill. Use Fortify for bosses and Phase Run for delves and backtracking.

"
morjax wrote:

3c gives 11-13 ele pen
1 ex gives 14-16 pen

Is that available for spells too? I only have it for attacks.
Last edited by VisorX on Dec 12, 2018, 7:30:39 AM
I dont care much about speed running so I will skip brightbeak as I feel fast enough, those are the two best weapons i got atm, can you please recommend me a cheap upgrade? Moonsorrow is feeling ok by the time being, Ive just reached maps so I dont know for how long it will be ok and I dont know if my lightining golem is proccing blind.

sorry if it got confusing...

TL,DR: these weapons ok for early maps? am I losing too much?

I would love if anyone could take a look at my char

ty, I hope you are having as much fun as Im
Yeah, I wouldn't go Brightbeak anymore after the Shieldcharge nerf. Should probably put a disclaimer on my starter gear from a few leagues ago.

Both wands are pretty crappy, but you will find an upgrade pretty fast. The shield actually has crazy damage for early maps.

Lightning Golem should proc blind, but he doesn't get to hit a lot and it's only 10% chance.

The main focus when you start mapping should be to cover your resist (I think your fire res is not capped?) and then slowly get upgrades with more life, mana and damage.

A lot of your damage comes from levelling up your Freezing Pulse gem.

Looked up your gear and you already have a better wand now. Overall looks very good for lvl 76. The abyss jewel doesn't do anything because the totem kills don't count for us. Same goes for the Karui Charge, the corruption doesn't do anything and without Shieldcharge we don't need attack speed, so you could just get a normal Karui Ward and then you can unspec the dex node on your tree.
Arcane Surge seems to be too high level.
Hey Visor, greeat guide! Really much appreciated. Thank you for your effort. However, i have 2 questions;

1) After accandency changes, how are we supposed to get power/endurance/frenzy charges?

2) Why is "increased cold damage" bad for us?

Thank you in advance.
"
VisorX wrote:
Yeah, I .....

thanks for your tips! really appreciate the time you took.

This might be a stupid question, but does using my Diamond Flask affect totems that I've already placed? Or do I need to activate damage buffs before placing the totems?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info