[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

so, I recently imported my char in pob to help with future gear decisions. Are there any special settings in pob for calculating the dps or just import and go?
The +1 totem craft is available with the latest patch. It costs 2 exalts. Since they didn't add any negative effects like they said they might, I think thats fair.

Of course you want to have a really good shield, that is worth to spend the 2 exalts on. Until then you can try to buy a mediocre shield that already has the veiled mod (currently those are probably overpriced). You can also get Aisling to Research and add a veiled mod to your shield (ilvl 75+ with a free prefix) and pray.

For PoB activate Power Charges, Endurance Charges (for defensive stats) and Enemy is chilled.
Deactivate Enfeeble, if you want Projectile Weakness to be active. Change enemy to boss if you want to calculate boss dps.

And of course activate your flasks.

"
scribL wrote:
This might be a stupid question, but does using my Diamond Flask affect totems that I've already placed? Or do I need to activate damage buffs before placing the totems?

Not a stupid question at all. Totems always have all the stats you currently have. As long as your flask are active, your totems have the buff.

"
Meycakar wrote:
1) After accandency changes, how are we supposed to get power/endurance/frenzy charges?

2) Why is "increased cold damage" bad for us?

Thank you in advance.

Power and Endurance Charges come from Conviction of Power ascendancy. Frenzy charges we can't really get. You could link Cold Snap to Cast when Damage taken, but you it shouldn't proc too often.

Cold Damage isn't bad for us. If you refer to my last long post, I just meant that you shouldn't overestimate increased damage modifiers since they are all additive.
Last edited by VisorX on Dec 13, 2018, 8:45:03 AM
Thank you so much for your guide and help! I really appreciate it. I'm relatively new to PoE, been playing on and off since ~Bestiary. Your guide has helped make Betrayal one of the best experiences I've had with the game :)
Just realized I've been posting on a account I've never used^
I'm having a hard time surviving the syndicate after i hit 90, can't level up anymore cuz i keep dying.
Is there any tips ???

Thanks for the awesome guide btw
"
1valentine wrote:
I'm having a hard time surviving the syndicate after i hit 90, can't level up anymore cuz i keep dying.
Is there any tips ???

Thanks for the awesome guide btw

You have a total of 55 life and 0 mana on your gear. Try to craft your chest better (Pristine fossils or Greed Essence, use the increased life+mana craft), get rare rings and amulet. You could also craft a movement speed affix on your flasks and replace the Devotos without losing any effective movement speed.

Craft new flasks with 20% quality and get all the other important affixes (like curse immunity) or your utility flasks. When you run a map with curses, having it on life flask doesn't help a lot.

Some syndicates deal a lot of chaos damage, so getting some chaos resist helps a lot, too.

If you wanna do higher tier maps, you might also need to cut back on the MF.

You are running Vigilant Strike . So make sure fortify is up all the time when fighting Syndicates. Maybe replace Clear Mind with the Vigil.

Loaded your character in PoB and it shows that your Lightning Resistance is not capped.
"
VisorX wrote:
You have a total of 55 life and 0 mana on your gear. Try to craft your chest better (Pristine fossils or Greed Essence, use the increased life+mana craft), get rare rings and amulet. You could also craft a movement speed affix on your flasks and replace the Devotos without losing any effective movement speed.

Craft new flasks with 20% quality and get all the other important affixes (like curse immunity) or your utility flasks. When you run a map with curses, having it on life flask doesn't help a lot.

Some syndicates deal a lot of chaos damage, so getting some chaos resist helps a lot, too.

If you wanna do higher tier maps, you might also need to cut back on the MF.

You are running Vigilant Strike . So make sure fortify is up all the time when fighting Syndicates. Maybe replace Clear Mind with the Vigil.

Loaded your character in PoB and it shows that your Lightning Resistance is not capped.

I'm sorry this is the first time i've ever played so far in this game, where can i get pristine fossils and greed essence, and what would be the stats i'm looking for in rare rings, amulet, and helm ?

And what kind of rares should i get ? is it strength based gears that gives armor, or intelligence that gives energy shields ?
Last edited by Snow_V on Dec 15, 2018, 5:06:59 AM
You can get Fossils in the delve mines and essences in all areas (can't imagine you never found an essence @lvl90). Of course you can also just buy both.

Stats you should get are listed in the guide. High life (and mana) should almost always be the top priority.

The base of your rares doesn't matter too much. All of armor, evasion and energy shield are beneficial to us. But getting 50-200 more on a better base makes almost no difference. (it starts making a difference when you get 500+ if you have increased armor/evasion on your gear, but that are endgame goals)

Also have in mind thats it far easier to get the right colors if you have the correct base (strength - red, dex - green, int - blue).
So if you need a new gear piece to put your CWDT setup in, you should probably look for something strength based, hybrid should be ok.

Of course when you want to craft your own gear, you want to use a very good base and high itemlevel.
Last edited by VisorX on Dec 15, 2018, 9:34:37 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for sharing this build, using it as my league starter, at Act 8 now and it just seems to keep getting stronger.

When leveling and gearing up.
Do I put more focus on getting the right amount of gem slots/colors for the build and getting those gems filled, or do I try get the better gear for survial, better res, more life, more damage and add the gems as I can?

I can reroll how many links/gem slots some item has but most of the time I don't have enough materials to do that often.

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info