[3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

Thx for build, exactly what i was looking for!
I changed my gear for lots of magic find now and added a new section for it.
Also added recommendations for Boots Enchants.
Would light of lunaris work with this build with all the criteria chance and multiplier it gives it sound like it would be a huge dps increase. Would the 25% increased multiplier work as long as you keep shield bashing? I know it does 0 damage but would it count towards the requirement?
"
Shadeval wrote:
Would light of lunaris work with this build with all the criteria chance and multiplier it gives it sound like it would be a huge dps increase. Would the 25% increased multiplier work as long as you keep shield bashing? I know it does 0 damage but would it count towards the requirement?

Shield Charging should work, but it would be quite a nuisance since normally we are not shieldcharging into mobs (except bosses for fortify).

I don't think sacrificing Life+Resists on the shield is worth it and with spell damage and critchance on a normal shield, you could reach pretty much the same DPS increase.
Nice build! Enjoying it on xbox as my league starter this season. Last season I had a FB totem ascendant (hierophant & assassin). Using dual wielding shims for bossing with bright beak & rathpith for mapping. My questions here:

If using soul mantle and the two rings, would you also suggest the Self-Flagellation
jewel?

Would projectile weakness be better than frostbite? I feel like no, but not sure.

I think winds of change gloves and rathpith would do really well in this build and perhaps Pandemonius as a nice upgrade for those who can afford it.

again, thanks for the build!
"
Os_Money wrote:
Nice build! Enjoying it on xbox as my league starter this season. Last season I had a FB totem ascendant (hierophant & assassin). Using dual wielding shims for bossing with bright beak & rathpith for mapping. My questions here:

If using soul mantle and the two rings, would you also suggest the Self-Flagellation
jewel?

Would projectile weakness be better than frostbite? I feel like no, but not sure.

I think winds of change gloves and rathpith would do really well in this build and perhaps Pandemonius as a nice upgrade for those who can afford it.

again, thanks for the build!

Thanks, those are some great suggestions! Already thought about some of those and will include them in the guide.

Self-Flagellation: Yes, of course you use a Self-Flagellation (probably have to drop Clear Mind). I forgot to inculde that.

Projectile Weakness: This one is amazing. I didn't think about using this curse. According to PoB it's a considerable damage increase. The biggest problem is that we need 155 Dex for level 20, but at a lower level it still outperforms Frostbite. Frostbite got a chance to freeze, but I guess with Hypothermia we don't really need that.

Winds of Change: It is a nice damage option. I don't really like the reduced movement speed. But it should be a solid early option at least to reach enough projectile speed together with Karui Ward.

Rathpith: I think you can easily get better stats on a rare shield.

Pandemonius: This one is a nice damage + safety option. I googled and apparently the blind applies with Totems as well. With my current build I would gain 14% DPS in comparison to Karui Ward for the cost of 30% projectile speed. This seems worthwile considering other DPS/projectile speed trade-offs. But we also lose 10% attack speed and 10% movement speed which is great for mapping. If you are already at a high level and rich enough to buy Pandemonius, you probably don't need more damage and prefer the speed. If you go for it, it should be one of your last investments, considering the cost.
Thank you for the amazing guide!

I see you switched to the MF version, are you still able to clear maps and kill bosses comfortably? Are the damage still good? Thank you!
I am also testing to use Controlled Destruction instead of Increased Critical Strikes right now.
It considerably lowers our Crit-Chance (from 91% to 66% effective Crit-Chance for me), but we gain ~15% more DPS. Since we are often not one-shotting with crits, it could be worthwile.

"
fasferes wrote:
Thank you for the amazing guide!

I see you switched to the MF version, are you still able to clear maps and kill bosses comfortably? Are the damage still good? Thank you!

Yes. Since the MF gear is on Boots, Gloves and Rings, you mostly lose Life, Mana and Resists, which you have to cover elsewhere. I think I lost 5-8% overall from Damage rolls on my Rings.

As I said it requires some investment. Maybe get Goldwyrms early on since its the most IIQ and also has resists and manaregen. But the overall priority should be damage first, so wait until your Freezing Pulse is level 19-20 (even better: buy a 20/20!), buy a Helm enchantment, reach or get close to level 90. If you then feel comfortable running red maps, invest in more MF.
Last edited by VisorX on Mar 11, 2018, 10:02:54 AM
Thanks for this in-depth guide. I have a question. How do you gain power charges with the dual Shimmeron variant?
"
VisorX wrote:

Thanks, those are some great suggestions! Already thought about some of those and will include them in the guide.

Self-Flagellation: Yes, of course you use a Self-Flagellation (probably have to drop Clear Mind). I forgot to inculde that.

Projectile Weakness: This one is amazing. I didn't think about using this curse. According to PoB it's a considerable damage increase. The biggest problem is that we need 155 Dex for level 20, but at a lower level it still outperforms Frostbite. Frostbite got a chance to freeze, but I guess with Hypothermia we don't really need that.

Winds of Change: It is a nice damage option. I don't really like the reduced movement speed. But it should be a solid early option at least to reach enough projectile speed together with Karui Ward.

Rathpith: I think you can easily get better stats on a rare shield.

Pandemonius: This one is a nice damage + safety option. I googled and apparently the blind applies with Totems as well. With my current build I would gain 14% DPS in comparison to Karui Ward for the cost of 30% projectile speed. This seems worthwile considering other DPS/projectile speed trade-offs. But we also lose 10% attack speed and 10% movement speed which is great for mapping. If you are already at a high level and rich enough to buy Pandemonius, you probably don't need more damage and prefer the speed. If you go for it, it should be one of your last investments, considering the cost.

Thanks! I'm glad you liked some of the suggestions. The regarding the winds of change, it's not a huge issue if your mostly using shield charge for moving around the map since thats attack speed. Also depending on the roll its only 5-10% reduction for a lot of damage. And agreed on rathpith.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info