Wait..WHAT? I need HP in a CI build?

I feel like CI is an awesome idea that is totally unique to the genre. In it's eventual iteration at the end of CB it was too strong because we could get insane levels of energy shield, so they nerfed the ES bonus right out of the keystone. Then they nerfed ES in general. I feel like one or the other would have been sufficient, and both is an extreme and unnecessary con against this build.

Then we consider the status ailment thing, which has always been present in CI. Before, your items could have enough ES inherently to combine with your nodes to compensate for losing three gear slots to awful, otherwise useless items. Now we have that same fundamental flaw with significantly less ES, too boot.

I just really want to know if GGG knows how gimped we feel as CI(and ES, really) players. If this is set in stone, then we have something to complain about. If they're working on something to try to work out the balance a little better then we're just screaming into the wind. I'd love to see a dev post in this thread from someone who can help explain if this is already supposed to be balanced.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
You don't need to stack it. I fail to understand why everyone is complaining so much about this.

This was never a problem in CB. You got stunned, chilled, ignited, shocked just as often.

Rofl. you make it so easy, you probably don't know that in beta CI gave MORE 50% ES.

as for now, CI users have seen a nerf of -180% the total achievable ES.

in CB u had tons of ES to mitigate the downsides, like ailments, or the 0% damage mitigation.

now u have, basically nothing (apart that 50% avoid stun that is there to just avoid to be permastunned permanently)

Also CI and ES armors are tightly linked.

Who does use today ES armors?

Only CI users.

A "sane" player will just take eldritch, and use hybrid/ES for the only thing that it's worth nowadays, MANA BONUS.

that must make you think guys.

And when they say "you did invest less points than me in life",
i can say you i invested just 27 points in ES, and much more just to reach those points (so basically spent 50ish points just for ES).

what's the return? my stun rate is calculated toward my HP >_<.
i can't think something dumber than that, it needs just to be fixed asap, as it's
a gross error that doesn't fit anymore in the current state of the game (i repeat, with ES armor nerfed by -180% for CI users).

Just link it to ES value. nothing more simple.

you got average gear = ur hp vs ailments will be around 3-4k
you got very good gear = ur hp vs ailments will be around 5-8k

that seems perfect to me, and not gamebreaking even a little bit, and CI in it's current state does need to be reworked for sure.

P.S.: using crap uniques , yes because i do think tht dream fragments and eye of chayula are grossly crap, is not a solution. it's just a temporary solution. because i really don't see those shit stat items fit any endgame build.
Last edited by sirianstar on Mar 2, 2013, 12:27:10 AM
Im 100% confident CI full be buffed in the near future.
ign = ultrahiangle
Just throwing this out there..

With a fairly minor point investment vs tradeoff, you can get to the large cluster of status ailment reduction by the ranger.

They could probably add a small cluster like by the dualist over by the Templar, or hav ea keystone that does something similar.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right!" Henry Ford
actually CI needs to be reworked, not just "buffed" or "nerfed"

at it's current state it lacks enough skills to support this major keystone.

GGG has taken the position of nerfin the ES to total new values (-180% nerf on CI builds is a total new conception of the word "ES").
If they want to support this new concept of ES and CI, it's mandatory that they
add skills or keystones that sinergize with that.
Zealot oath is a total failure with it, and CI melee builds are not viable anymore, not just "weak", they are totally broken not playable.

they need to add more skills, as bloodrage doesn't synergize well with CI.
half of that skill goes around being on low life, while CI is always full life.

They should add more skills for mages (yes MAGES) that synergize with full life, as for
now the grand total is exactly 0 skills.
Last edited by sirianstar on Mar 2, 2013, 1:29:05 AM
"
sirianstar wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
You don't need to stack it. I fail to understand why everyone is complaining so much about this.

This was never a problem in CB. You got stunned, chilled, ignited, shocked just as often.

Rofl. you make it so easy, you probably don't know that in beta CI gave MORE 50% ES.
ROFL

No, really, I laughed so hard I fell out of my chair. In real life. Accusing Slurms of not knowing what CB CI does is by far the funniest post I've ever read on these forums.

The only way it would have been funnier is if you were accusing Invalesco.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 2, 2013, 1:32:51 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
sirianstar wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:

ROFL

No, really, I laughed so hard I fell out of my chair. In real life. Accusing Slurms of not knowing what CB CI does is by far the funniest post I've ever read on these forums.

The only way it would have been funnier is if you were accusing Invalesco.

i understand u didn't catch the sarcasm.

he already stated he was a CB player, Sheldon.
Last edited by sirianstar on Mar 2, 2013, 1:55:02 AM
"
sirianstar wrote:

When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

here take this cookie ;)

but please don't name me Invalesko. i hate that guy. "this is my easy fun build u just need this normal easy to get equip" (then when u reach level 60 you discover that "normal equip" was like 40-50 exalts of stuff. ;)
Last edited by sirianstar on Mar 2, 2013, 2:13:01 AM
"
sirianstar wrote:

but please don't name me Invalesko. i hate that guy. "this is my easy fun build u just need this normal easy to get equip" (then when u reach level 60 you discover that "normal equip" was like 40-50 exalts of stuff. ;)

hahahaha!!

Gotta watch that Invalesco dude....he lies!
OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info