Wait..WHAT? I need HP in a CI build?

"
Yxalitis wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
kadrek91 wrote:
I just want this thread to be about what people think about a possible change of CI in that way; are you for it or against it?
Absolutely completely and utterly opposed. This takes away hugely from what CI is as a keystone and significantly reduces it's effect on buld choices. It's intended that life bonuses don't increase survivability* for CI characters and thus are not particularly comparable. This has direct and interesting consequences in terms of influencing build choices away from what you'd choose if you didn't have the keystone, and that's a big part of what keystones are about.

*yes they still count for stun, that's not what I'm talking about here

Such poor argumentation. Better make CI worthless so nobody ever picks it just to promote 'build diversity' whereas it is actually shoehorning everyone into life builds and thus accomplishing the exact opposite...
Beyond league.
"
iMbaQ wrote:
This is why you roll with
while CI'd and laugh at everything!

this is why you go life and equip jewelry that already helps you while already having the bonuses from these items*
Beyond league.
People dont understand what OPPORTUNITY COSTS are.

Yes, you can go dream fragment and Eye of Chayula but you lose SO MUCH for not having a good rare.

Rares can have 6 Mods by the way, just for oyur information...

A perfect CI rare amu can have:

"

20 All Stats

22% max energy shield
1-72 lighting damage(because you are lighting damage character)
47 Base energy shield

20% Quantity
22% lighting damage
16 All resist

Eye of Chayula, lol WTF?

But its "required" so bad luck for your melee CI character... Without EoC you cant play your character, WELL PLAYED GGG, WELL PLAYED

PS.:

I dont want to say that CI is bad, its just not useable for any melee build. Maybe it COULD work, but its very bad compared to HP builds.

If you have low HP you will get stunned every 50% when you take ANY damage in Merciless+ and each stun interrupts your action.

You can have stun recovery, attackspeed as much as you want but if 5 Haste + faster attacks monkeys attack you you will probably wont be able to attack them...(in Maps)

What Energy shield needs is either:

1, additional nodes/itemmods with "Chance to avoid stun" which stack additivly with ES implicit 50% avoid stun

or

2, let ES count as life in terms of status alignment calculation but give ES a penalty of 50-75%.

or

3, change stun calculation that the amount of damage determines the >length< of the stun and if it does not pass a certain treshhold its avoided (like currently shocking if it does not do enough damage). Then "increased stun recovery" would actually be useful.
Just to make it clear to all people how dumb it's linking HP for status ailments with CI,

It's like u would need to stack accuracy for a resolute technique build to use something.

that's just a no brainer, no matter we want to put that.
"
Renor wrote:
People dont understand what OPPORTUNITY COSTS are.

2, let ES count as life in terms of status alignment calculation but give ES a penalty of 50-75%.

i still don't see the need of giving -50%/-75%.

with VERY GOOD gear and shitloads of invested ES passives, u reach 5k ES.

with AWESOME (i mean MIRROR level items) you can just reach 2-3k more.

reaching 10k theoric max is like going around with Kaom's heart.
or not, i think that having that 10.02k is nothing comparable to Kaom's heart rarity,
u would need just an item made from a GM, or be so damn lucky that u damn urself u played
with POE instead of playing the national lottery (yes as that is the chance of getting that item).
Last edited by sirianstar on Mar 2, 2013, 6:39:25 AM
Can we get a dev to comment on the shitty ES/CI situation?
^ what he said.
"
sirianstar wrote:

with VERY GOOD gear and shitloads of invested ES passives, u reach 5k ES.

with AWESOME (i mean MIRROR level items) you can just reach 2-3k more.

Yeah I agree but....

You only need to spend around 15 passive points, (plus travel), in the tree to get around 5K ES with good gear so it's even a bit better than what you make it sound.

OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara
Being forced to use shitty uniques to avoid being stunlocked to death makes no sense. Just make give ES 99% stun evasion or some shit instead of the useless 50% you get now. 50% isn't noticeable when literally every attack that lands stuns you.

My first character was CI cause I thought it would be fun/interesting. I will never make a CI char ever again. It was terrible level 1-50, meh from 50-65 and it is only now (66+) starting to become passable with 4k es.

My next 4 builds so far use health and health only and leveling them has been so much easier and less stressful.
"
Mandena wrote:

My first character was CI cause I thought it would be fun/interesting. I will never make a CI char ever again. It was terrible level 1-50, meh from 50-65 and it is only now (66+) starting to become passable with 4k es.

And that it the biggest difference between the old CI and the current CI.

The old CI could be taken early and be reasonably effective through mid and late game. Now it can be considered a late game or end game ability only.

Still works perfectly well at preventing harm from chaos damage but it's much more equipment dependent now.

For the record I held out until lvl80 before taking CI in my build.
OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info