Wait..WHAT? I need HP in a CI build?

"
Mandena wrote:
Being forced to use shitty uniques to avoid being stunlocked to death makes no sense. Just make give ES 99% stun evasion or some shit instead of the useless 50% you get now. 50% isn't noticeable when literally every attack that lands stuns you.

My first character was CI cause I thought it would be fun/interesting. I will never make a CI char ever again. It was terrible level 1-50, meh from 50-65 and it is only now (66+) starting to become passable with 4k es.

My next 4 builds so far use health and health only and leveling them has been so much easier and less stressful.
Theyre

Theyre obviously not shitty uniques if they can save your life.

Further, ring and ammy slots CI are for resists and damage. Considering resists= take.less dmg which is what the uniques do, all you're giving up is damage. Which CI characters have PLENTY of.

Seems like you should be focusing less on your deepz
I think CI is designed from an end game standpoint.

It is not something for the new players to attain to have an advantage but if built correctly could benefit your character more than building hp alone.

I like this design choice, I just hope end game once I do attain excellent CI items I won't regret it...

Building CI is a huge dissadvantage at my current state of game but ultimately I hope it does pay off.. and it should. ES gear is harder to get due to the added suffixes also as stated the stun chance hurts.. badly at my weak 2k~ es.

I have faith the devs know what they are doing, so far the game seems semi-balanced.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
Mandena wrote:
Being forced to use shitty uniques to avoid being stunlocked to death makes no sense. Just make give ES 99% stun evasion or some shit instead of the useless 50% you get now. 50% isn't noticeable when literally every attack that lands stuns you.

My first character was CI cause I thought it would be fun/interesting. I will never make a CI char ever again. It was terrible level 1-50, meh from 50-65 and it is only now (66+) starting to become passable with 4k es.

My next 4 builds so far use health and health only and leveling them has been so much easier and less stressful.
Theyre

Theyre obviously not shitty uniques if they can save your life.

Further, ring and ammy slots CI are for resists and damage. Considering resists= take.less dmg which is what the uniques do, all you're giving up is damage. Which CI characters have PLENTY of.

Seems like you should be focusing less on your deepz

I'm already using the unique ring for double curse. I can't drop another usable equip slot else EVERYTHING would start killing me. I can't afford nor does it make sense for CI to take the best gear in the game just to work because at that point you might as well get a koam's/go health build and faceroll everything.
having es makes stuns 50% less effectively straight away, but that doesnt help when stuns are like 300x more effective because its using ur HP pool. so, you will then need either wanderlust boots (which i have ;)) or dream fragments which is better (against freeze), and eye of chayula (vs stun). Then go really heavy on lightning resist or get fairgraves tricorne. eye of chayula is probly gonna be ur best ammy so u cant use astramentis so get 30+ strength nodes wherever you can. then just know that ur weak to fire, which isn't the best element in the world anyway. done. u miss out on one ring and one ammulet and get no freeze, no stun, +20 to attributes, 30% increase item rarity, 50% mana regen, +20% mana, +30% cold resist. just be careful of lightning stacks because they're fatal

edit: dont forget ci+blood rage+etherial knives+vaal pact+ghost reaver = AWESOME HUGE INSTANT LIFE LEECH FOR ENERGY SHIELD!! so so strong.
Last edited by Float on Mar 4, 2013, 2:28:01 AM
I do hope GGG come out with a method to help address this. I love the ideal of a dual wielding CI melee build, but in practice... bleh.
IGN- Vyvanne | Voxxvi (Tempest League)
Vyvanne's Odds and Bods Boutique - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1311497

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info