Wait..WHAT? I need HP in a CI build?

"
Yxalitis wrote:
Pedantics, the fact is having the HP pool, that is not available to the player, being used to calculate stun/freeze is dumb.

I'm just saying, please don't quote devs out of context as evidence for some unrelated argument.

And I don't know how/why CI combat mechanics work the way they do. Sorry.
Code warrior
"
shadowbane wrote:
1 redeeming quality of stacking ES is that having any amount of ES up will confer a 50% chance of getting stunned.

You mean avoiding stun.
50% chance to get stunned when you have something doesn't sound very desirable :p
you can get uniques that make you immune to freeze, stun (or passive unwavering stance), shock or burn.
https://www.youtube.com/@esvbanARPGs
"
Horvath wrote:
you can get uniques that make you immune to freeze, stun (or passive unwavering stance), shock or burn.
How's that relevant to why CI sucks in terms of stun/freeze/shock etc?

If those uniques worked only with CI, then you would have a point, until then, stfu.
Last edited by Melkrow on Feb 28, 2013, 10:21:25 PM
"
Rhys wrote:
"
Yxalitis wrote:
Pedantics, the fact is having the HP pool, that is not available to the player, being used to calculate stun/freeze is dumb.

I'm just saying, please don't quote devs out of context as evidence for some unrelated argument.

could we possibly get someone from GGG to explain to us "how/why CI combat mechanics" works?

Would be very helpful, thx
"
Horvath wrote:

this. alot of the CI builds highly recommend getting Eye of Chayula for the 'Cannot be stunned' mod. Cannot be frozen is good too but isn't necessary if you got 1 or more flasks that dispells frozen/chilled. bottom line is, don't spec into CI til you get the necessary gear. you'll probably struggle abit but if you have an alt that can farm for your CI char, it shouldn't be a problem
"
Melkrow wrote:
"
Horvath wrote:

If those uniques worked only with CI, then you would have a point, until then, stfu.

that's the drawback for getting CHAOS IMMUNITY(which does not suck btw, chaos resists are the hardest to obtain); vulnerability to the 3 elements. to cover those weaknesses, you have to get those items/passives.
"
Rhys wrote:
"
Yxalitis wrote:

Can I ask in the nicest possible way that you swivel in your chair, and maybe ask one of the devs who would know. why this is the way it is? Perhaps refer them to this post.

Thanks!
IGN: Kulde
"
shadowbane wrote:
"
Melkrow wrote:
"
Horvath wrote:

that's the drawback for getting CHAOS IMMUNITY(which does not suck btw, chaos resists are the hardest to obtain); vulnerability to the 3 elements. to cover those weaknesses, you have to get those items/passives.

Silly me. All along I thought the drawback was 1 HP. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
being vulnerable to stuns and freeze/shock/burn comes with the drawback of having 1 HP. obviously having ur whole health pool shaved down to 1 is the main drawback but those are the ones that come with it
Last edited by shadowbane on Feb 28, 2013, 10:45:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info