[3.8] Tanky Aurabot - a combined Guide

"
Wyra wrote:

2: the skill tree change goes with blood magic and uses the esh's visage shield instead to just take chaos damage on your ES, that doesn't mean you won't want capped chaos res since it'll still hit rather hard.

I'm quite confused by this. You are saying skill tree was changed to go blood magic but Esh's Visage plus rest of your gear is ES with not much life on them and I can't see any item granting you BM and your tree doesn't have it allocated.
How are you able to keep all 13 auras on life globe without going to low life state even with that many 1% reserved mana jewels?

Currently I have 9 auras of which 3 are in Prism Guardian shield for BM but I still only have 55 unreserved mana around 900 unreserved life and 4k ES. Granted, I only have two reduced mana jewels since they are around 15 - 20 Chaos a piece even with non-useful stats.

This is first time trying to make aurabot and I'm really struggling trying to piece together what the correct build is since every skill tree, gem setup and gearing in guide is different from another.
Last edited by Morclye on Jan 7, 2019, 6:07:04 AM
"
Wyra wrote:
"
Hello, I have been follow your build and ran into a wall. I have several gems on my tree that give -% mana reserved, but it seems after a certain point I cannot get this number down any lower with more gems or abyss jewels. From everything i am reading and asking streamers there is no cap on how low i can go but for some reason i cannot get my numbers any lower. Could you please help me out with this.

I just finished getting the "minimum gear" requirement ish to be able to run 13 auras at the same time. Here's what you need to do :

1: The old skill tree is hella outdated, check his characters or mine in betrayal to see the required gear setup / skill tree setup. For short however you need to run 10 jewels in your tree with 1% mana reserved and you MUST have 1 abyss jewel in your belt at the very bare minimum to run 13.

2: the skill tree change goes with blood magic and uses the esh's visage shield instead to just take chaos damage on your ES, that doesn't mean you won't want capped chaos res since it'll still hit rather hard.

3: If you want the 13th aura instead of using 12 you MUST have an alpha's enchanted with a reduction aura for any of the auras you use that's not inside your victario's influence. Preferably I'd say grace is the best one. You can go with determination but I prefer not to since I often switch between determination and vitality depending on party members.

(You can get 63% mana reserved instead of my 64% if you get a 15% enchant, it's not necessary and will cost you more but it's more of a quality of life thing than anything else really)

and sadly this also means that if you want to do that on a budget while still having that The Vigil fortify effect then you'll need one with the corruption which these days is at least 1 exalt. That also include a conqueror's efficiency which is also 1ex.

Here's the gear he uses that im also using. Like I said I just hit the ability to run 13 auras exactly with 64% mana reserved which doesn't put me on lowlife.

Spoiler

As for your question, the jewels has diminishing returns I believe, once you get about 7-8 of them you'll start to need 2 to notice your reservation % go down but trust me that after you have 11 in total, you'll be able to get all 13 auras up with this setup

Hey, on your character "thebitchyoualwayswant", you have chaos innoculation which means ur immune to chaos damage. so why is it that u recommend using esh's visage when u recieve no chaos damage at all?

also, ur character has quite different items from what u have recommended... why is that? the sword ur using currently has auras from ur skills grant 2% inc dmg to allies... is that better than ephermal edge?
Just to clarify a bit, Karunga wrote this build guide, but is currently running a blood magic variant. He's using Esh's visage to deal with chaos damage (and presence of Chayula for some sick chaos resist)

@Wyra is doing a variant with Chaos Innoculation, and uses a rare shield and amulet.

Personally I've copied Wyra's tree as I found someone willing to give me a bulk deal on a shield+amulet+boots+some jewels, and I've found it to work really well. The only drawback is you also want SkyForth, and not being able to rejen life means the only way to not die in combat is to run away and not be hit until ES starts recharging.

The upside is that since you can't regen your ES with life regen, I moved vitality over to my chest and I'm able to run all auras with only 7 reduced mana reserved jewels. My unreserved mana is tiny though so I'm not getting much out of SkyForth's "stun threshhold based on 500% of mana".

I'm curious what Wyra thinks about that -- is it still worth loading up on more mana reservation jewels just to bump up my unreserved mana for stun protection?
Or should I just start going for some more ES?

Last edited by semi_ on Jan 7, 2019, 11:41:09 AM
so im following op's new char "ip_phonesupport" who uses blood magic. but im not sure how they can maintain their uses of flame dash and smite which uses hp but u cant regen hp. they dont even use any life flasks. can anyone help me with this?
in ip_phonesupport he doesnt have aspect of spider and animate guardian on
i think is better to run aspect instead of purity of elements
Last edited by domke on Jan 8, 2019, 9:36:08 AM
"
domke wrote:
in ip_phonesupport he doesnt have aspect of spider and animate guardian on
i think is better to run aspect instead of purity of elements

You bet it is. But Aura = Aura
Do you have a build guide for your Champion Aurabot?
"
clockerrs11 wrote:
so im following op's new char "ip_phonesupport" who uses blood magic. but im not sure how they can maintain their uses of flame dash and smite which uses hp but u cant regen hp. they dont even use any life flasks. can anyone help me with this?

I have this same issue. I've just been running a life flask. I tired mimicking the leech ip_phonesupport has on ring, but it did not seem to do much. There also may be a flat mana cost reduction in Karunga's build that I've missed.

I find myself using Flame Dash only when absolutely necessary and relying mostly on the quicksilver flasks. Also using Smite and Vigilant strike only to keep buffs up.

Currently running 9 auras + banner. Close to more, but need more jewels.
Last edited by Rathramagan on Jan 9, 2019, 1:16:03 AM
The Ring Reduces Mana Cost per corrupted Item.

My Skills dont cost any "Life" except the Golem, which I only cast in Hideout.
Last edited by Xom_ on May 26, 2023, 7:59:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info