[3.8] Tanky Aurabot - a combined Guide

"
Taronub wrote:
Hey, How do i avoid slowly dying in maps with chaos filled stuff? im currently using coruscating but plan to swap off it when i get chaos res capped. is there a way to regain HP for this build since we have zealot's oath? i'm thinking of linking smite with life gain on hit for that purpose.

Some attack-skill with Life on Hit, OR Devouring Totem and you are set for life.
"
Karunga wrote:
"
TiiMEWELL wrote:
Taking a look at your Betrayal Scion, it's completely different from the guide you put out.. How are you like the changes you put through.

PRO:
Incursions are a cakewalk, because you dont die to chaos-construct fireing squads.
~ 800ES more

CON:
Esh's Visage is suprisingly expensive.

Its fine, allthough some things bother me:
The reservation i calculated with both Path of Building and Mikelat's
is not conform with the Game.

with my Gear I should have 49% or Life free (according to Path of Building), well im scraping around 35%...

I'll include the relevant Links, maybe your are smarter then me:
Gear and Passives: https://pastebin.com/KqpBWGbE

Goal: https://poe.mikelat.com/#TlEswLPd/u.5A36/9b.NTnXb/Jb.e/xB3l.sJb/9b.oVd/tr.

I don't know where the calculation is going wrong, but in your PoB link you also only have 37% unreserved, so it seems to match it quite closely?

You also only have 6500 ES. And that's 800ES more than you would have with the original build? Some of the older screenshots of your defenses show over 9k ES. Is 6.5k ES really enough to survive hard encounters? I know the EHP is very high due to the physical damage reduction and high max resistances, but you can't pot, leech, and don't have fast ES recharge. There's a good amount of ES regen, but I can't imagine that being enough to come back from damage spikes?

How is the Shattering Steel working out as a delivery mechanism for the curses? Are you using it to build up stacks for the Dread Banner?

I've never played an aurabot before and I'm trying to find the one version to go for, so I was thinking of following the one you're playing right now :)

Thanks for the very detailed guide btw, I've learned a lot!
Last edited by Ragura on Dec 23, 2018, 7:41:35 AM
Yes I use Shattering Steel for Curse on Hit + Building Stacks.
Im forced to alternate between Smite and Shattering Steel because you cant Impale with pure fire Damage (Avatar of fire). And im also applying EE.

Yes, I have more ES due to Esh's Visage, but keep in mind (as opose to Abyss League) - I dont have 8 Jewels with 50 ES socketed right now.
Im working on getting these but right now I just take whatever reduced Reservation Jewel I can get.

I do however have a constant stream of Occultists coming to me, buying ripped ES jewels =).

About the tankiness: I havent played a shavrones "faster start of ES recharge" Build bevor but I would wager in a direct comparison about stayingpower and tankiness they are taking the piss.
Right, sounds good. I'll be starting the build today :-)

One more question about Vivinsect. I assume its biggest advantage is the reduced mana cost of skill to make Shattering Steel, Vigilant Strike and Smite cost 0 mana. But I was fiddling with the gems to fit in Regeneration Totem and Enduring Cry (for more ES regen) and found that they do still cost mana. Mana in this case is life due to Blood Magic, but we have no way to restore life. Devouring totem would take the totem slot and life gain on hit from something like the unset ring would only be 2 per hit... I doubt even 0.4% life leech would be enough (from duelist side). Any ideas on how to introduce those two gems without dying? :-) Even Flame Dash at level 20 (for CDR) would cost mana.

Hmmm... Reduced cost of skills on the ring slot from the veiled mod perhaps...
Last edited by Ragura on Dec 23, 2018, 9:38:47 AM
"
Ragura wrote:
Right, sounds good. I'll be starting the build today :-)

One more question about Vivinsect. I assume its biggest advantage is the reduced mana cost of skill to make Shattering Steel, Vigilant Strike and Smite cost 0 mana. But I was fiddling with the gems to fit in Regeneration Totem and Enduring Cry (for more ES regen) and found that they do still cost mana. Mana in this case is life due to Blood Magic, but we have no way to restore life. Devouring totem would take the totem slot and life gain on hit from something like the unset ring would only be 2 per hit... I doubt even 0.4% life leech would be enough (from duelist side). Any ideas on how to introduce those two gems without dying? :-) Even Flame Dash at level 20 (for CDR) would cost mana.

Hmmm... Reduced cost of skills on the ring slot from the veiled mod perhaps...

Thats why I just use Stone Golem + Holy Relic. Cast them in Hideout.

Im not risking a milisecond under 35% Life just to die to some random-ass chaos Damage at lvl 96. Not happening =)
I just keep getting one shot randomly on t5-t10 maps and i dont know whats wrong :(
https://pastebin.com/iypxMHdi
Last edited by zazaziza on Dec 23, 2018, 1:05:12 PM
Well it apperars you are on Bloodmagic without capped Chaos Resist or Esh's Visage.

Im hounestly impressed you dont get oneshot in every single incursion.
help!!! Should i get a esh visage and run blood magic or should i just swap to shav and skyforth? I am running the coruscating elixer but sometimes forget to activate and die to random choas damage. i have abuot 4 ex left.
Last edited by tannakhan on Dec 25, 2018, 4:14:51 PM
"
tannakhan wrote:
help!!! Should i get a esh visage and run blood magic or should i just swap to shav and skyforth? I am running the coruscating elixer but sometimes forget to activate and die to random choas damage. i have abuot 4 ex left.

I dont know man.
Never used Corruscating. I dont reserve under 1500HP and have max. MAX! MAX:75!!! Chaosresist

And then I never die to chaos damage.
Of coarse People thing they can just lazylie run around with 50 Chaosresist, not realizing that effectifly doubles the damage they take, hence they would need 3k Life unreserved to tank chaos as good as me.

You can switch to Bloodmagic.
But be warned: You now need a Calculator. You can not go below 35% That means you have to get rid of some Manacosts of your skills. Else you will just cast something, drop below and die again.
I... I'm really confused.

I followed the suggested aura affecting items (Victario's Influence, Alpha's Howl and Prism Guardian.) and the suggested skill links. I have already taken every Reserved Mana Reduction from the passive tree and I'm currently on my way to make my skill tree look like the Level 75 version of your progressive skill tree but I am unable to use all of the auras mentioned in the guide.

If I use:
Victario's Influence
Anger + Hatred + Wrath + Haste + Dread Banner
&
Alpha's Howl
Purity of Lightning + Purity of Fire + Purity of Ice

I won't have enough mana to use other auras (Namely Discipline)

I am using 2 corrupted jewels that decrease mana reservation by 1% but I don't think I'll ever be able to fit jewels enough to be able to use Dread Banner and Discipline. Also, there is 1 free socket in Victario's Influence and while at first I thought it was a waste, now I understand that it's basically impossible to fit anything else in there.

Also, about the skill tree, there are some really confusing parts.

@ Skilltree and Aura-Setup, there's this:

However
@ Leveling, in the Level 75 portion of the tree there's this:

Where you have spec'd out of Harrier and 3 Dex nodes to pick up Nullification & Fangs of the Viper which are great IMO.

Also @ Leveling, there's this:

Where even @ Level 100 you don't pick Whispers of Doom, therefore you cannot apply the two curses from Ball Lightning. You do, however, pick that part of the tree in the link @ Skilltree and Aura-Setup.

While there is a clear warning that the tree @ Leveling is outdated since 3.1, everything that's taken in that skill tree is still available as of 3.5, so I just guessed I could pick from there. Also it was convenient for me since I was, well, leveling.

I'm sorry if I sound like an ass (?) but I'm just trying to understand it better because I really like supporting AND tanking.
Also english is not my first language so if something is unclear please let me know.
Last edited by Benttley on Dec 25, 2018, 9:44:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info