Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

oh 1 bricked lol

I have an Alien pet.
My condolences
In HC Bestiary

Scion 1 : 1h22m played. Lvl 7/9%. No Oni.

Scion 2 : 1h31m played. Lvl 7/11%. No Oni.

Scion 3 : 1h22m played. Lvl 7/8%. No Oni.

Scion 4 : 1h34m played. Lvl 7/14%. Oni-Goroshi drop and I stop farming.
Last edited by Warmyz23 on May 7, 2018, 3:21:37 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Level 9! Brutal.

Welcome to the Level 9 Beach Club.

We offer all the latest alcoholic beverages to the tenacious, stubborn, pig-headed, and worn out exiles that have been in the "Groundhog Day" like repetitive beach run grind over and over until you have hit level 9 on The Strand Beach. We all need a drink or 2 or 3 upon reaching level 9. Here is one of two of my level 9 exiles:

Spoiler
Gloom, despair, and agony on me... level 9 on The Strand Beach:

At 2% it finally happens (it's about damn time!):
Spoiler

Uber Hillock is dead... long live Uber Hillock:

Congrats... err... maybe not... on getting to level 9 on Strand Beach. Keep going, you shouldn't need to go much further. I got one at 2% and the other at 5%.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Drakebalrog wrote:
"
Drakebalrog wrote:
I decided I would try to farm for this sword since I couldn't decide on a build for flashback league so I figured, I would try to farm for the sword.

Scion 1: 3h18m played. Lvl 7 @ 79%. No Oni

Scion 2: 3h45m played. Lvl 7 @ 80%. No Oni.

Scion 3: 3h20m played. Lvl 7 @ 78%. No Oni. Dropped a thousand Ribbons though (unique armor)

Scion 4: I made this one after first 3 were about 2 bars into lvl 7. Its been played for 1hr. Lvl 6 @ 18%.

Will update as as I go along

**EDIT**
1. Scion lvl8, 6% 4h9m. First Uber Hillock encounter at around 3h53m. There was a power outage and the instance reset before my phone wifi could kick in. Next spawn was at 4h9m. It was a 72 crit Oni. Eh.

2. Scion lvl 8 5% 4h31m. No Oni drop yet. Run straight to Hillock, usually try to ST monsters to proc onslaught on the way there. Do the same with lvl other lvl 8

3. Scion lvl 8 5% 4h3m. No drop.

4. Scion lvl 7 1% 1h35m. No drop. Continue to kill every mob I come across on the way to Hillock since people still get Oni drops at this lvl.

Had 2 more Oni-Goroshi drops.

2. Scion lvl 8 5%. 4h51m drop

3. Scion lvl 8 52% 7h25m Last Oni-Goroshi drop.

4. Scion lvl 7 99%. 3h51m drop

I still have one more scion to go but 90s wait times are pretty tedious so I think imma get started on the character I'm gonna use that 90% crit on.
This has been quite the grind and I probably will not be doing it again lol. I'm at a combined total of 18.2 hours between all 4 characters for 3 Oni-Goroshi's. Good lord.

Other Uniques

I also had a blackheart ring drop for me but that's in my stash.

**EDIT**
Got my 4th and fricken last Oni-Goroshi. Never again
Last edited by Drakebalrog on May 8, 2018, 8:16:29 PM
I've done about 8.25ish twice, seriously level 9 is some dedication.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
That ranger was definitely an outlier, however I still feel like those times were severely drawn out due to poor play and lack of focus for sure. My last kills on my Scions even with some delay on 10% movespeed boots are almost 4x faster getting to certain points like Level 7, 8 etc.

I had a point though with Beastiary being lame and my SSF Standard character wanting Culling I ultimately said fuck it and went for the Cull. Total time investment on Standard is probably around ~90 hours? 11 Onis were obtained but like I said above if I was on my game and not meming with Rangers and a Duelist/Shadow I probably could have farmed about 3-4 more with Scions.
Some SSF player
Last edited by BigBlaris on May 7, 2018, 10:15:55 PM
after 4h 40min i found my Oni-Goroshi with 86%crit:
i played with 4 chars
3 x shadow
1 x scion
after i see some screenshots here i have delete my shaodows at level 7 because I was afraid that I would not survive the fight!
but the fight with my scion was realy easy and absolutely no problem!

at this time i have only played all 90sec only with my scion and i found it after 4h 40min chartime (level 8-22%).

i played 3days min 5h per day only for 1 weapon i never will do this again it was terribile!!
i wish all Oni farmers good luck to find it in the next run :)

sry for my bad english its not my first language!
i been trying to farm one with 4 diffrent toons for the passed 4 days straight sleeping for 5 hours a night still havent had one drop period
i mean nuking it was 1 thing but getting a tabula rasa seems easier than this come on ggg 4 day farm? ive found albino roahs faster than this
"
DoubleU wrote:
I've done about 8.25ish twice, seriously level 9 is some dedication.

Throw in some insanity and a mindset of "I will not let the Wookie win" (I'll be damned if I'm gonna quit now) and you have what it takes to overcome being zombi-fied and grind, grind, grind until uber Hillock appears. Simple... and brainless.  :)

Note: I'll hit the beach again for 1 and only 1 before I make any incursions into the Vaal temple. Even if The Strand Beach isn't a babe watch and it's a hassle I'll want one next league.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on May 14, 2018, 12:34:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info