Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

Yes, it is the easy movespeed that makes the grind go faster. If you get lucky and get speedy boots too, so much the better.

I usually only run 4 but having 4 after the first drop would make getting #2 a bit easier and maybe even the extra runner would improve the odds of getting a second faster.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
de99ial wrote:
Scions obviously.

Why is that obvious? Do you like the Scion?

Movement speed. Also Spectral Throw give a way to deal with summoned zombies.

It wont be in PoE2 sadly.

"
tuasoafoch wrote:
"
de99ial wrote:
I alwyas hunt for two so 5 runners. Scions obviously.

wouldn't 4 be enough? First scion gets her sword, is out, 3 left (in a rotation) for the second sword...

They run to fast, with 3 you may bump into not reseted area and this just makes all process longer.

"
DoubleU wrote:
My third kill of UH was Templar (on my alt account).
Chased me all the way back to the spawn point, got surrounded by killed him with Glacial Hammer.

AoE helps with those zombies. There was one person that was unable to kill him because he spawned so many zombies.

Also there was one unhappy person that had UH on LVL 4 but was unable to kill him.
"
de99ial wrote:
They run to fast, with 3 you may bump into not reseted area and this just makes all process longer.
For this rare case i always have a little prayer around (to spend some remaining secs): "please, dear RNJeees, let Mr. UH show up...!"
Just do it! And keep it simple -
Things will become complicated by itself.
"
tuasoafoch wrote:
"
de99ial wrote:
For this rare case i always have a little prayer around (to spend some remaining secs): "please, dear RNJeees, let Mr. UH show up...!"

Waste of time and attention.
Bump for new players that might be interested in OG.
"
de99ial wrote:
Bump for new players that might be interested in OG.

As the expert on OG that you are... and to bump the thread again...
Have you ever tried Animate Weapon of Selfreflection with OG? Any idea if the buff works on the minions?
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
Never. And dunno really but i think they wont.

I tried Spellslinger once and it didnt work.
TLDR; If you're unlucky you'll get to lvl 9 before Über Hillock spawns.

Ok, i was bored with the current league (necropolis), so i figured, hey, why not farm Oni Goroshi "for fun". Did some googling and it looked like you'd get the sword on lvl 7, usually... Sure, i figured, made 4 chars, and started running. Well, all those got to lvl 8 before i saw Über Hillock, so i figured, hell... i'll just run the others some more, cause SURELY the rest of these lvl 8 chars will drop another Oni "the next run"....

The very first char i made is now lvl 9! Level 9 in a lvl 1 zone... I've killed hillock approximately 13295 times on that char (didn't actually count it, but i'm confident about that number!) Oni Goroshi has dropped for two of the extra chars i had to make to kill time waiting for the reset, as well as for three of the original chars, so i've now dropped 5 (!) Oni Goroshi's without getting a drop from the very first char i made yet.

At this point it's the principle of the thing!!! I'll run until an Oni drops for that char if it takes the rest of the league!!!

Btw, the very first that dropped had a roll of 90, the second 70, the other three had 87, 71 and 74....

EDIT; And after that rant, two hillock kills later, Über Hillock spawned :)
The sword rolled 73 :|
So... 5 oni's dropped for me on lvl 8 chars and 1 on a lvl 9 char. /played on that lvl 9 char was 7 hours :'(
IGN: RFMeis
Last edited by Meisen on Apr 21, 2024, 9:42:34 AM
Probability for OG are very small untill lvl7. After 7 they get some boost, but after 9 it is big boost.

How did you like the uber Hillock fight?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info