Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

"
鬼殺し wrote:
That is what it should probably come down to. How much time are you willing to invest *now* to not have to worry about upgrading your weapon later? That and the 6L means your body armour slot is also much, much more flexible. One of my chief dislikes with PoE's levelling process as a staunch solo player who doesn't trade or even use the stash very often (regardless of league) is how often I find myself held hostage by skill-gem combinations without the resources to apply the same link-colour combination to newer, better gear. OG in that light is indispensable.

Replace the word "invest" with "sink" in 2nd sentence. Otherwise agreed, I too don't trade and thus a 6L sword for the full 10 acts is a boon to playing enjoyment.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Apr 9, 2018, 5:54:50 PM
Scion is the way to go. You´ve made the grind unneccessarily harder and much more painful for yourself.
9 Hours on a Marauder is gonna be significantly less time on a Scion with more Hillocks killed.

If you made the mistake to play Marauder, you might have made other mistakes, such as killing more mobs than neccessary.

I applaud you for grinding the sword on a Marauder though. This must have sucked so hard.
Other than that, I think the sword is only worth it in SSF in the very beginning.

Once you have a 6 link chest piece , stat sticks are better and achieve almost the same effect without the considerable downside.
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
mohamedro wrote:
I am a lvl 8 Marauder with 80% and 10 hours and 48 minutes spend on this character only. I have another lvl 8 Marauder 32% with 8 hours and 3 minutes and a lvl 8 Scion 10% with 4 hours and 39 minutes. After all this farming I haven't got a single Oni-Goroshi sword. I will keep farming it coz there is really no point entering town now. But honestly this will be my last farming ever as there is really a waste of my time. Now I am farming the sword as a drinking coffee in the morning game because, to be completly honest, I have no hope anymore. Or maybe is really really bad luck.

I finally got the Charan Sword. I am Marauder lvl 9 + 6% and I played on this character only 13 hours and 29 minutes until i saw Hillock carrying the sword. I don't recommend farming the sword anymore, though it was a real pleasure playing with it in the Abyss league. So good luck guys.
I got 2 today and yesterday, yesterday Lev. 9 and a fraction, 10 1/2 hours, 70% crit chance, today level 8 + 1 bar,about 7 hours, 87% crit chance. That's enough for a build I'm going to try, I wasn't even going to try this league but I'll give it a go for 1 character. The sword seems fun to play with and I like the voice acting.

Edit #3 at 6 1/2 hours, lev 8 +20%, 83 crit chance. Better colors on sockets for my early noob build.
Last edited by raincoast on Apr 22, 2018, 11:05:28 PM
Why dont people go max magic find and farm hillock even at endgame? Does it not work or something?
No, it doesn't work that way, you can't leave the instance and go into town, you have to kill Hillock in the sands, the quest only works there. So after killing Hillock if he's not Uber Hillock, go to character screen and re-run the instance. Most people run 3 or 4 Scions because of their speed and re-set without entering town.In other words, run the same instance over and over until you get Uber. The instance resets after about 90 seconds, that's why people run multiple characters, to minimize the zone reset. The sword only drops there, in the very first area.

Otherwise, the only way to get the sword is by cards, it takes 27.
Well ... I usually play SSF, so if I'm going to bother with a melee character during a given league then I'll probably try to farm one up.

I managed to get one, so I'm actually playing a bit (in Beastiary), otherwise I probably wouldn't have bothered at all. The whole beast catching mechanic fails to appeal.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
now, the real question is, should i try and farm an oni-goroshi in the upcoming flashback event? lol...
I have an Alien pet.
Having an Oni-Goroshi is never a bad thing, the sword makes running the 10 acts easy and fun with most builds (just having a 6L main skill and it's nice damage scaling is what counts ignoring "Her Embrace"). If you can take being in a zombie like state of mind for the 7+ hours of map runs over and over ad nauseum (you'll never view "a day at the beach" the same afterwords) that doing this causes then I say go for it. If the super grind is not stomach-able then don't.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
kelongngu wrote:
now, the real question is, should i try and farm an oni-goroshi in the upcoming flashback event? lol...

Prepare one week for farming OG. The decision is Yours.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info