Oni-Goroshi in Current League - are You gonna farm it or drop it?

de99ial, I followed 1 of your links to kira1414's build, and that is what inspired me to try the sword.
Everyone on the thread there is very, very helpful and it seems like a great Scion build. I don't really like Bestiary, but trying the sword gave me a good excuse to get out of Standard for a while. I was getting tired of running empty maps anyway so the grind for the sword let me be super casual and mindless. The last one I got was by a witch and it's probably a good thing she was level 8 to fight uber, compared to speedy Scions.
I started out the league intending to farm one but I haven't quite gotten one to drop and my interest fell off pretty quick because I didn't find the league mechanic very engaging. I still do a few runs per day hoping that it will drop and maybe spark my interest in jumping back into the league but I'm not holding my breath.
Sound the dread alarm, through the primal body! Sound the reveille, to be or not to be. Rise! Stay the grand finale! Stay the reading of our swan song and epilogue. One drive to stay alive! Elementary, muster every fiber. Mobilize! Stay alive!
"
viciousnugget wrote:
I started out the league intending to farm one but I haven't quite gotten one to drop and my interest fell off pretty quick because I didn't find the league mechanic very engaging. I still do a few runs per day hoping that it will drop and maybe spark my interest in jumping back into the league but I'm not holding my breath.

You must be mentally prepared to grind the beach for 6+ hours. My last Bestiary drop:
Spoiler

at 2% into level 9. Real time is at least double or triple that depending on how many oni-farmers you rotate through (I did 3 farmers at a time).

I hope witch was better/easier at killing uber Hillock than Dualist:
Spoiler

Got mobbed to death 8 times before Hillock died.

The easiest is definitely Scion with ST:
Spoiler

0 deaths.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I've remade four characters for this purpose after farming 5 on Standard. Average for those characters was right around ~6.5 hours played. I will say melee has a severe disadvantage, although Duelist and Shadow with enough gear and running around the wood structures makes Uber a lot easier. He won't leap and thus won't spawn adds.
Some SSF player
Thats interesting.

For me i dont know if im gonna go third time after her.
I decided I would try to farm for this sword since I couldn't decide on a build for flashback league so I figured, I would try to farm for the sword.

Scion 1: 3h18m played. Lvl 7 @ 79%. No Oni

Scion 2: 3h45m played. Lvl 7 @ 80%. No Oni.

Scion 3: 3h20m played. Lvl 7 @ 78%. No Oni. Dropped a thousand Ribbons though (unique armor)

Scion 4: I made this one after first 3 were about 2 bars into lvl 7. Its been played for 1hr. Lvl 6 @ 18%.

Will update as as I go along
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
BigBlaris wrote:
I will say melee has a severe disadvantage, although Duelist and Shadow with enough gear and running around the wood structures makes Uber a lot easier. He won't leap and thus won't spawn adds.

I remember the first time I saw the zombie hordes in this 'revamped' Uber Hillock encounter and how gutted I was -- GGG are well-aware of my dislike of mob spam and ranged play trumping melee. But then a dev told me that going melee on a well-geared character works because he only spawns adds if he leaps. That is to say, he punishes ranged play. That sure brought a grin to my face! BUT given the way gear and skills work I'm not surprised to hear that ranged still has the advantage...still, kudos to GGG for trying to even things out. :)

I'll be doing the Goddess Grind come 3.3 for sure.

Just want to provide a quick update on this piece of info, Uber Hillock will start leaping once he reaches 10% of his health left regardless if you are in his face or not.
I was face-tanking him on my Scions and he started leaping once he reach 10% life.
I have an Alien pet.
Last edited by kelongngu on May 6, 2018, 11:20:57 PM
Some data reflecting class comp/exp and kill times for Uber after the nerf:
1. Scion Level 8, 14% 4h38m
2. Shadow Level 8, 27% 6h9m
3. Ranger Level 9, 2% 8h20m
4. Templar Level 8 16% 4h23m
5. Scion Level 7 62% 2h19m
6. Ranger Level 8 25% 4h34m
7. Scion Level 7 40% 1h50m
8. Scion Level 7 46% 1h57m
9. Scion Level 7 80% 1h56m
10. Scion Level 8 5% 2h49m
11. Scion Level 8 6% 2h55m
-My earlier kills were much slower in regards to being less focused and some poor RNG with 10% movespeed boots. Going straight to the boss while chaining Onslaught off of mobs netted me faster results than doing full clears.
Some SSF player
Last edited by BigBlaris on May 7, 2018, 2:17:56 AM
"
BigBlaris wrote:
Some data reflecting class comp/exp and kill times for Uber after the nerf:
1. Scion Level 8, 14% 4h38m
2. Shadow Level 8, 27% 6h9m
3. Ranger Level 9, 2% 8h20m
4. Templar Level 8 16% 4h23m
5. Scion Level 7 62% 2h19m
6. Ranger Level 8 25% 4h34m
7. Scion Level 7 40% 1h50m
8. Scion Level 7 46% 1h57m
9. Scion Level 7 80% 1h56m
10. Scion Level 8 5% 2h49m
11. Scion Level 8 6% 2h55m
-My earlier kills were much slower in regards to being less focused and some poor RNG with 10% movespeed boots. Going straight to the boss while chaining Onslaught off of mobs netted me faster results than doing full clears.

Wait, have you not gotten a drop yet????
"
Drakebalrog wrote:
I decided I would try to farm for this sword since I couldn't decide on a build for flashback league so I figured, I would try to farm for the sword.

Scion 1: 3h18m played. Lvl 7 @ 79%. No Oni

Scion 2: 3h45m played. Lvl 7 @ 80%. No Oni.

Scion 3: 3h20m played. Lvl 7 @ 78%. No Oni. Dropped a thousand Ribbons though (unique armor)

Scion 4: I made this one after first 3 were about 2 bars into lvl 7. Its been played for 1hr. Lvl 6 @ 18%.

Will update as as I go along

**EDIT**
1. Scion lvl8, 6% 4h9m. First Uber Hillock encounter at around 3h53m. There was a power outage and the instance reset before my phone wifi could kick in. Next spawn was at 4h9m. It was a 72 crit Oni. Eh.

2. Scion lvl 8 5% 4h31m. No Oni drop yet. Run straight to Hillock, usually try to ST monsters to proc onslaught on the way there. Do the same with lvl other lvl 8

3. Scion lvl 8 5% 4h3m. No drop.

4. Scion lvl 7 1% 1h35m. No drop. Continue to kill every mob I come across on the way to Hillock since people still get Oni drops at this lvl.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info