[3.2] Penta-Totem Ball Lightning Hierophant (3M Shaper DPS)

"
Fenndor wrote:
I'm going to be doing something similar but I will be going Ball Lightning instead of tendrils. Any reason you went with tendrils over ball lighting?

No real reason, just wanted to try Tendrils out is all.

If going Ball Lightning the gems would be BL, Light Pen., Controlled Destruction, Added Light, Inc Crit Damage, Slower Proj (and then just swap in GMP for clearing).

Hell just going pure Tendrils is possible for clearing if an Inc AOE is swapped over Conc Effect and you pick up just 2 AOE tree nodes. All of a sudden Tendrils can cover a third of the screen with a single totem.
I think im gonna try this out, did my own tree what do u think about this?
https://poeplanner.com/AAsAAO0ACwUAAHP53YuMwJoJqtn8wGYEs6IA8B9FRzLR6-6a4EWdU1KFMpctSU-8qqcI2CQ2xR8CBAeD21XGOlgRD36vjRngEtlf3YyD80ShrhJOrrE2TLOus0GW0PUFQiycvOpqQwj0j0YdFI5k96a2-vrSFm_jamaeWOUqE1oro_Jo8q9sC2HGrjwtg18QzP6HeyD4k3IPlG9mVFnzGjiQVScvFkCFfdteUDBtGSL0bAuTJ76KoS9_xhGWBx6VLvDVSVGP-uv1wwm5k_IdDkjjhA3RY0Nd8ioLcFKJ04w2VUth4iaVOw3v6xzcjxrQHwAAAAAA
"
Xanthochroid wrote:

Just did the math with actual mirror tier Opals, and the damage is still over 100k DPS less per totem. The issue lies in the fact that we're using spells and can't use WED; meaning our only 2 options are really Lightning damage or Crit Mult. Even having both of those at max roll on a perfect implicit I'm hitting 552k Shaper DPS per totem vs. 615k Shaper DPS per totem with 2 Kiks and 2 Shimmerons. A good wand is just far too much damage vs. any other option I've tried.

What do you think gives more damage, dual wielding shimmerons or shimmeron + void battery?
It sounds like this build does plenty of damage without actual dps MH/OH. Possible to map quickly using brightbeak/shield combo, with swap to shimmeron/void battery for shaper/elder?
How are you dealing with duel Shimmeron when you accidentally crit for zero on charge dash, or am I missing something?

Something similarly to this will likely be my starter.
"
Frenzy, Faster Attacks, Greater Multiple Projectiles (can be placed elsewhere, hard colors)

That is going to be a major issue with 2x Shimmeron's.

Your frenzy has 24.71% crit chance and GMP and you'll take 4000 damage per second if it crits. You basically can't use anything that hits without going through totem/mine/traps etc with Shimmeron's unless you want to die.
"
Drekor wrote:
"
Frenzy, Faster Attacks, Greater Multiple Projectiles (can be placed elsewhere, hard colors)

Your frenzy has 24.71% crit chance and GMP and you'll take 4000 damage per second if it crits. You basically can't use anything that hits without going through totem/mine/traps etc with Shimmeron's unless you want to die.

This is what I was saying. Even if you dont frenzy you'll eventually charge dash into something and crit.
"
Firderis wrote:
Perhaps it would help for some players if you link a skilltree instead of the pastebin :)
Teach a man to fish. If you post a skilltree people look at the skilltree. If you post a pastebin people learn how to use pob.

You don't help anyone by making them look at a skilltree.
Thoughts on using choir of the storm, or karui charge as an amulet?
"
yorikatl wrote:
"
Drekor wrote:
"

This is what I was saying. Even if you dont frenzy you'll eventually charge dash into something and crit.

Self cast discharge for emergency?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info