[3.2] Penta-Totem Ball Lightning Hierophant (3M Shaper DPS)

"
Tecken1407 wrote:
hc viable? also can you do well with 5L soul mantle or tabula still better?

5l soul mantle is leagues above a tabula: it makes the damage greater when you run the self-flaggelation curse setup. However, it will devour your frames, so I would put the game on a lower setting if you want to do that (just switched to cursing myself, and the five totems with that many projectlles is making my 1070 grumble).

Having a ton of fun with this build, just need to fix the FPS issues. :"D Thanks for this!
"Bonus points if it is Scion/Witch because they have nice knees. Ranger has ugly knees and other characters are men so playing them would be homoerotic." - CAKE, 10/20/21
"
Kignjohn wrote:
sry if its a noob question but i dont understand how u win power charges can anyone explain to me?

Through the ascendance !! every time you cast a totem you get a power charge very easily!
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
hc viable? also can you do well with 5L soul mantle or tabula still better?

5L soul mantle + 2x Kikazaru is as good as Tabula
5L soul mantle + 2x Kikazaru + Self-Flagellation is much better than Tabula

It should be HC viable.

According to poe.ninja most Hierophants have the same passives (in the other leagues as well).
I guess most totem builds are the same. What varies is the spell you use. At the moment I am using Arc for clearing and I really like it. I switch it to Storm Call for 'scarier' bosses and so far everything melts (Uber Izaro (and Argus), normat Atziri, I am still progressing through the Atlas). Soon I will start using Ball Lightning, but I am thinking I will use BL for bosses only and stick to Arc + Culling Strike for clearing.
Sorry to burst your bubble but I think you're losing more dps than a self cast lightning ball.. According to POEwiki, lightning bolts strike targets every 200 milliseconds and each target cannot be hit more often than this.
"
ayemjake20 wrote:
Sorry to burst your bubble but I think you're losing more dps than a self cast lightning ball.. According to POEwiki, lightning bolts strike targets every 200 milliseconds and each target cannot be hit more often than this.

What the wiki says is
"
Lesser Multiple Projectiles Support and Greater Multiple Projectiles Support increase the number of projectiles, and thus the area of effect. However, since a target cannot be hit more than once within 200 ms, it cannot be used to "shotgun" the target by hitting them with multiple projectiles at once, leading to a possible DPS loss.

However on the next line:
"
Balls cast by Multiple Traps Support do not share the 200 ms cooldown between each other because every trap counts as a separate "cast".

I think this applies to totems, since each totem has its own separate "casts" and is not affected by the other totems. It appears so in game - bosses die much faster with multiple totems. Besides, due to Totem passives and Self-Flagellation, a single totem is already doing quite a bit of damage.
Last edited by spiwn on Mar 18, 2018, 9:56:55 PM
How you liking the Ball Lightning buffs? Does this change anything build wise for 3.3? I was looking to run a totem build again but with Ball Lightning instead of Frostbolt. Glad I found this one!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info