Enough mice can kill a wolf.

Key word being if, kinda like the 2 socket un-id abyssal item I just went 3 months without getting on my lv 97 aby character, b/c the rng here is so awesome.
Enough 1 alch shit tier stuff can't kill economy
"
If you drop this in the beginning of league, when you don´t have a 7% life 3 dmg stats jewel, ppl will use this. You guys act as if you have mirror gear and BIS jewels from the get go.
I for one will be very happy if I drop this thing.

all the jewels apart from the threshold jewels you get as a reward off that quest later are rare AF, yeah you might drop one of these leveling but its gonna be like 1/10000 players which really isn't encouraging.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
GoldDragon32 wrote:
"
I like how people quickly discard an item without even looking to see its potential.

No, we are looking, and having a hard time finding the potential. Notables are everywhere, and their effects way overshadow non-notables, to the point where making up their value with +50% non-notables is real hard. On top of that, the total value of the jewel has to outvalue what you can get from a decent rare jewel to be worth considering.... and that's looking pretty damn hard.

In the scion slot it gives you:

12.5% life
9% all resist
6.5% attack speed
13% aoe
17% melee damage
15% crit multi
0.35% life regen

without touching any notable you would take.

Except for Hired Killer, True Strike, Sentinel and Path of the Warrior, which combined give:

6% Life
10% all resist
12% phys damage
45% crit chance
12% crit multi

So your net gain is 6% life, 6% attack speed and some miniscule other stuff. Still worse than a regular rare jewel, let alone an abyss jewel.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
"
GoldDragon32 wrote:
"
I like how people quickly discard an item without even looking to see its potential.

No, we are looking, and having a hard time finding the potential. Notables are everywhere, and their effects way overshadow non-notables, to the point where making up their value with +50% non-notables is real hard. On top of that, the total value of the jewel has to outvalue what you can get from a decent rare jewel to be worth considering.... and that's looking pretty damn hard.

In the scion slot it gives you:

12.5% life
9% all resist
6.5% attack speed
13% aoe
17% melee damage
15% crit multi
0.35% life regen

without touching any notable you would take.

It only gets you those things if your actually pathing out through that area, like you get 9% all res unless you were just pathing out of the bottom in which case you get -1%, on my PoB both nodes close enough to the health in scion cover the notable so you lose 1.5% life (can test with life > mana jewel).

I mean the list you've writtens nearly achievable with one jewel you can scrub 4 of them off the list and it'll be way more point efficient.

Currently the only use i'd be comfortable with so far is you can get some extra reduced reserve on a couple of the aura nodes which makes a big difference for aurabots. You might put 2 in scion to super buff the health wheel it'd give you 60% (base is 49%) and would make some of the smaller regen nodes very viable... though again you lose the notable no I give up i'm sure someones gonna come up with a very fruity placement/combo for these but right now its a head scratcher.
The general consensus I´ve seen so far is that if you put the jewel below the Berserking and Duality nodes between the Marauder and Duelist area, you´re gonna get some pretty nice buffs without affecting to many relevant notables. I still don´t see why people are dismissing this jewel so quickly.
I´m still looking forward to using this jewel.
"
The general consensus I´ve seen so far is that if you put the jewel below the Berserking and Duality nodes between the Marauder and Duelist area, you´re gonna get some pretty nice buffs without affecting to many relevant notables. I still don´t see why people are dismissing this jewel so quickly.
I´m still looking forward to using this jewel.

that gains you 11.5% life and makes the 2 starter nodes for marauder a bit more valuable which is about the best i've seen, but it still would fall short of a decent 3/4 mod. Could be good for RF though or that kind of life-stacker but i don't think you'd path that way which automatically makes it meh again :/
Hmmm... So just like soldier ants or a plague of locusts a few are nothing but millions can destroy everything in their path. If it is findable and not like exalt or divine drop rates (somewhere between Chaos and Blessed drop rate) then this could be good. It'll take some thought as to how to use it effectively. Losing all the keystones in its radius sounds bad.

Edit: Placing it in the socket between Marauder and Duelist only gets 2 of the life cluster nodes so that only adds 5% to life. Large radius does encompass the Marauder starting nodes of 5% + 4% + 4% life for a net gain of 6.5% life (this confirms with Draegnarrr of 11.5% life gain). If placed in either upper left or below Scion then 5 of the life cluster nodes are in radius for 5% x 5 x 1.5 = 37.7% or a net gain of 12.5% life.

Edit 2: Placed below Scion does include Hired Killer 6% life for another 3% (but the build will need to be Scion based to be used effectively). Still there are many possibilities here and more theory crafting time ahead. If GGG has realized the full potential of the death star this jewel then they have probably made the drop rate uber low like exact (about gem cutter drop rate would be nice). Damn it GGG, all the cool stuff is gated behind rng shenanigan bs. Not good to bite the hand that feeds you.

Edit 3: Oh right, it doesn't have a "limit of 1" so 2 could be used in Scion area to get 12.5 + 12.5 + 3 = 28% increased life gain and that is hugely nice. Plus all the other nodes are 50% better. Nice. Now I really am seriously concerned that GGG has rng gated it behind uber low drop rate like exalt. We can hope GGG doesn't do that but I doubt they will be kind to us.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Feb 24, 2018, 8:51:51 AM
YES!!!!! That. Looks. SO. Cool!! My kind of shit right there. Hopefully it's rather common ;)
I just see it being usefull on the 3 start locations near scion, so all 3 jewels stack, making all start passive skills on scion a good pick. Ye u must be scion to make it being good.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info