Development Manifesto: Ascendancy Changes

"
Ventori wrote:
This league will be full of Elementalist classes now, meh... too many buffs on this one.

I'm curious about rest of reworks like Necro, Inquisitor and Scion.

Elementalist is the worst of the currently reavealed ones by far after looking at trickster and hiero is just sad what they did with elementalist
Last edited by FloxyTek_ on Feb 26, 2018, 2:24:59 PM
Great. Also laughed at pics URL's
Slayer - WagonOfPancakes
Trickster - TheOldWakkaChangChang
Necro only having 50% effect of offering skills .... hmmm .... I guess it did need a nerf, and at least I got my max block necro out of the way ... but it's a pity about the nerf.

On the other hand, the rest of the class looks much cooler and more useful overall, especially for summons that aren't spectres. And the spectre nodes are untouched, meaning spectres will be even better this league!

Now, I wonder if they'll nerf certain monsters when they're spectres ...
necro is dead :(

The 50% nerf is too huge.

30% would be more appropiate, cause u still have to work around with the corpses and skill duration.
Last edited by Killinh on Feb 26, 2018, 2:38:48 PM
The necro changes kind of go against the whole point of PoE. Three of the nodes lock you to a specific skill and there's a grand two nodes that aren't summoner relevant. Necromancer is now a 100% summoner ascendancy.
I know GGG wanted clear class identities but this is going too far for me.

The rest of the changes look fantastic, especially liking Hierophant and that Occultist will hopefully be great now but the skellie and zombie nodes killed the necro vibe for me.
"
Shivan_Angel wrote:
"
sc0rp404 wrote:
Is it me, or did SLAYER actually get a buff?

It got buffed in that they took the 50% reduced splash damage off impact

It got nerfed in that the continued leach on full life got removed

they just move far away, but still there ..... but we will need 4 point to get it instead of 2

same for "culling strike" and onslaught .... another 4 point to get it

these nodes are the only reason to play slayer ....

even if they buff the Impact node really dont care .... lose one of the node above suck alot

thats an pretty big nerf for lots of slayer build

with my abyss flicker strike Oro's build i will lose 13% of dps and culling strike, maybe clear maps speed remain the same with Impact buff but vs bosses its an really big lose of dps
the encounter last near 40% longer with good gear because as well as dps and culling strike loss the flasks become lot less effective
"
skrotkanon wrote:
The necro changes kind of go against the whole point of PoE. Three of the nodes lock you to a specific skill and there's a grand two nodes that aren't summoner relevant. Necromancer is now a 100% summoner ascendancy.

The rest of the changes look fantastic, especially liking Hierophant and that Occultist will hopefully be great now but the skellie and zombie nodes killed the necro vibe for me.

In terms of being able to play other characters, basically the only thing of relevance is the offering skills being nerfed to 50%. The other stuff is still there, so it's bascially just the offering skills affecting the character. I know it's a biggie ... but IMO a necromancer should always be about raising the dead.

"
FloxyTek_ wrote:
"
Ventori wrote:
This league will be full of Elementalist classes now, meh... too many buffs on this one.

I'm curious about rest of reworks like Necro, Inquisitor and Scion.

Elementalist is the worst of the currently reavealed ones by far after looking at trickster and hiero is just sad what they did with elementalist

True elementalist is stronger, but it is still one of the worse of the new ones.

People are just used to elementalist being hot garbage. Im wondering if heralds are going to get a rework which will make it bonkers though.
necro should be nerfed harder imo the offering ascendancy is way too OP as it is
if i was the one calling the shots in GGG i would make this ascendancy time-based, like it only gets a % of the duration of the offering skill or make it like conflux of the elementalist alternating with another buff

the upside is that skelly necro got a huge buff so overall i think the necro class is kinda in neutral side for the revamps

"
Wuffell wrote:
"
skrotkanon wrote:

In terms of being able to play other characters, basically the only thing of relevance is the offering skills being nerfed to 50%. The other stuff is still there, so it's bascially just the offering skills affecting the character. I know it's a biggie ... but IMO a necromancer should always be about raising the dead.

Problem is that most other skills and builds have at least a couple of different starting points and potential ascendancyies. But now zombies, skellies and specters are simply best as Necro.
Sure, Elementalist means you're going to play a elemental build and Champion means a melee build but this is the other way around. If you want a melee build at least half the ascendancies work and there's a ton of different ones for something as vague as "caster" as well, but if you're a summoner you're going to play a necro or MAYBE a Ascendant, this despite there being a lot of different summoning skills.
TL;DR - The necro changes makes you almost forced to play as one if you want to be a summoner instead of it being one of multiple choices. That's boring.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info