spectral shield throw

"
pijanapanda wrote:
"
imLuCaSsS wrote:
"
pijanapanda wrote:
If shield will be calculated as offhand weapon should dual wielding pasives work?

no you're not dual wielding your main hand is empty

"While holding a shield" it's the passives u're looking for

Why main hand should be empty?
FB dont work so best option is statstick in main hand.

don't need be empty, but damage on your weapon makes no difference.

However, some weapons can be used in order to increase dps.

In other words, you'll always be "holding a shield" and never "dual wielding". Dual wielding refers to using a one-handed weapon in both hands. And you need to have a shield.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on Feb 16, 2018, 2:25:58 PM
"
Alienbutter wrote:

Does the Second part Pierce? It’s written in the Skill discription: “cannot pierce”.
I don’t know if it’s possible for the support gem to affect it.

Its written that the main projectile can't pierce, i'm fairly sure the sub projectiles will
As long as we are allowed to scale the dmg with shield defence nodes it would be possible to make something out of this. I have played around in pob and added 2000 flat phys dmg etc. and with the new chieftain ascendancy as well as a good shaped/elder stat stick it should be possible to kill end game bosses. If we are not allowed to scale dmg with shield defence nodes this skill will be complete garbage as far as im concerned.

Last edited by ffoD on Feb 16, 2018, 3:43:56 PM
Why would shield defense nodes scale your damage? The damage is derived from the armor/ev/es on your shield itself, there's no reason to think inc defense nodes would affect it.

It's not really that complicated.

-It'll have a base attack time (stated to be 1.2 right now, we'll see if that stands... presumably this'll be the base attack time for shield attacks if more are introduced in the future).

-It'll be an attack made using your shield, so it won't scale with modifiers that depend on your weapon and won't scale from unarmed modifiers. Generic phys/ele/chaos damage would still work ofc, as would projectile damage, and attack damage, but not melee damage and not damage with X weapon type. Physical damage with shield equipped would work as well. Same sorta thing goes with attack speed, attack speed with X weapon type won't work, but generic attack speed and attack speed with shield equipped will.

-It'll have flat physical damage based on gem level, so leveling with scale up the base damage. I'd guess up to something like 300-400 ave phys at level 20 to make pure ES shields competitive with armor/ev ones, but we'll see.

-It'll also have scaling based on the ES/armor/evasion of the shield you're using, i.e. just based on the armor/evasion/ES rating at the top of the shield. It won't gain anything extra from modifiers like Surrenders extra armor if you've blocked recently, and shield defense nodes or global increased armor/evasion/ES modifiers are irrelevant.
Last edited by Shppy on Feb 16, 2018, 3:56:57 PM
I wonder if this would be usable for curse application on a three link for attack focused builds whose cast speed is simple too low to manually cast curses. Just throw shield, shield charge, attack.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
I'm thinking RAT and SST. I've been wanting to do a RAT build for ages, still seems so meh however its never been augmented so maybe I'll dive in again and discover something OP...
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
"
Mythabril wrote:
I wonder if this would be usable for curse application on a three link for attack focused builds whose cast speed is simple too low to manually cast curses. Just throw shield, shield charge, attack.

Could do that, i suppose. But curses have fairly fast cast time (.5 base), and depending on how you're built you might not have much inc attack speed for shield throw, since it shouldn't scale on weapon-specific stuff. Might not be much faster.

Although it will cost way less, cuz curses have some of the highest base costs to use manually (50 mana at level 20, it's no wonder why they're never used manually when a simple CoH setup can make it cost like 10)
So what you guys think about gladiator with this? :)

Bleed explosions for clear and fairly tanky due to block and shield and stuff
totally not a rip off...

Spoiler

totally
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
Shppy wrote:
Why would shield defense nodes scale your damage? The damage is derived from the armor/ev/es on your shield itself, there's no reason to think inc defense nodes would affect it.

It's not really that complicated.

-It'll have a base attack time (stated to be 1.2 right now, we'll see if that stands... presumably this'll be the base attack time for shield attacks if more are introduced in the future).

-It'll be an attack made using your shield, so it won't scale with modifiers that depend on your weapon and won't scale from unarmed modifiers. Generic phys/ele/chaos damage would still work ofc, as would projectile damage, and attack damage, but not melee damage and not damage with X weapon type. Physical damage with shield equipped would work as well. Same sorta thing goes with attack speed, attack speed with X weapon type won't work, but generic attack speed and attack speed with shield equipped will.

-It'll have flat physical damage based on gem level, so leveling with scale up the base damage. I'd guess up to something like 300-400 ave phys at level 20 to make pure ES shields competitive with armor/ev ones, but we'll see.

-It'll also have scaling based on the ES/armor/evasion of the shield you're using, i.e. just based on the armor/evasion/ES rating at the top of the shield. It won't gain anything extra from modifiers like Surrenders extra armor if you've blocked recently, and shield defense nodes or global increased armor/evasion/ES modifiers are irrelevant.

Because the nodes buff the defenses on your SHIELD spesifically? It may not work. Im skeptical as well. But theese nodes are rarely picked up today and it would make sense if ggg adds stuff to the game which would utilize these nodes.

I have done some testing in pob and 2k armour will not be enough to make it a competetive skill compared to say, spectral throw.

But it's way too early to be negative. I will test it before I judge the skill.
Last edited by ffoD on Feb 16, 2018, 4:49:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info