spectral shield throw

Would a Nebuloch be good with shield throw?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Nebuloch

Not sure if the stacking added physical damage would work but the "gain % extra fire damage" should work. Can stack endurance charges, pair it with the new Chieftain.
As much as I would like to try and like this skill, I have alot of doubt mostly because the initial shield throw is unable to have additional projectiles.

The gem will not be increasing the amount of flat physical added per armour & evasion beyond the initial 2-3. I mean I could maybe see it being 3-6 @ 20 but even that is pushing it towards the edge of a game breaking amount of flat damage.

Gem levels are most likely going to increase shard damage and the off-hand base phys value, and quality the attack speed by 0.5 per %, or perhaps a non listed modifier such as greater radius or initial projectile damage/speed.

Until we know all of the Ascendancy changes there's no point in going too deep into theory crafting with this skill, even though I'm sure we all have and are. I'm probably going to jump on the hype train and see what I can do. I have a few ideas on how to make it viable for both mapping and bossing, but it's ultimately going to come down to what ascendancy changes are being made.
Last edited by KrigsHerre on Feb 18, 2018, 11:41:27 AM
"
HecatesLover wrote:

Not sure if the stacking added physical damage would work but the "gain % extra fire damage" should work. Can stack endurance charges, pair it with the new Chieftain.

That should work actually, probably a nice pairing (pretty sure the phys added isn't local as lots of people theorycrafted dual wielding them, not absolutely certain of this though)
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
HecatesLover wrote:

That should work actually, probably a nice pairing (pretty sure the phys added isn't local as lots of people theorycrafted dual wielding them, not absolutely certain of this though)

Added phys per endurance charge is global, so it works.
Anyway, if we used the current ascendancies, the most powerful one with a SST would be the deadeye (The chain is huge, you get powerful precision (first time this effect can be really strong, I think) and you get either far shot or a good amount of crit). It also allows you do get easy double chain so you can get a massive dps boost against 2 targets.

I don't think gloomfang is a good idea, way too much self damage. Crit is also a no-go (except if they rework a lot of crit nodes), since you can't get a good amount of crit chance (no weapon node).

Ewar mirage looks like the weapon to clear (this way, you have double chain + projectiles attacks return to you), and the monotarget weapon will probably be a shaped stat stick, or, if you can't get one, a Princess or a Nebuloch.

Many things will depend on how things will change (ascendancies, shield nodes, and so on).

Last edited by Keyen on Feb 18, 2018, 4:21:01 PM
cant wait to play d3 shield throw crusader build
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
Keyen wrote:
Anyway, if we used the current ascendancies, the most powerful one with a SST would be the deadeye (The chain is huge, you get powerful precision (first time this effect can be really strong, I think) and you get either far shot or a good amount of crit). It also allows you do get easy double chain so you can get a massive dps boost against 2 targets.

I don't think gloomfang is a good idea, way too much self damage. Crit is also a no-go (except if they rework a lot of crit nodes), since you can't get a good amount of crit chance (no weapon node).

Ewar mirage looks like the weapon to clear (this way, you have double chain + projectiles attacks return to you), and the monotarget weapon will probably be a shaped stat stick, or, if you can't get one, a Princess or a Nebuloch.

Many things will depend on how things will change (ascendancies, shield nodes, and so on).

Actually, since the primary attack can't generate projectile from chain (only the last hit does), chain is clearly not as good (but fork is at least as good):
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/7xu1q0/anyone_got_an_idea_if_shield_throw_works_with/dub50yr/

Thus, Ewar's mirage should be dumped. IMO, the weapon-to-go is Augyre. It allows you to go full lightning very easily (if you stay physical, your supports will be very weird and/or low in multiplier), and it's the fastest way to fully convert everything. Cold could be doable with the gloves, but meh. Augyre is OP because it will give you EO most of the time (just put a increased critical strike in this shield charge) and resolute technique half of the time.

IMO, it will be augyre + a strong rare eva shield, and the link will be:
SST + PtL + WED + Lightning Pen + Elemental focus + Fork (switched to PPAD in monotarget).

You don't even need another weapon for clear
Last edited by Keyen on Feb 18, 2018, 5:56:04 PM
well ofc we need to see the "revamp" of almost every chars but Advancing Fortress seems a good choice: 15 block, fortify on shield charge or whiriling, decent aspeed.
Nebuloch seems a pretty strong idea with global flat and extra fire, ofc also a 3 extra mode (still craftable) sceptre would increase the dps in a significant way.
We just need to wait a bit, and I kinda like it.
I'm thinking Ranged Attack totem build using Doryani's Fist. Since a weapon will not matter much using a this skill for a build, I think it will be interesting to try it unarmed.
apparently doryanis wont work, confirmed by mark.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info