spectral shield throw

Best main hand for the mid-tier player will be either dreamfeather, the block weapon or the chain in
main-hand sword.(forgot it's name)

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Shppy wrote:
"
Draegnarrr wrote:

the 30% pen is local to tempestuous steel, hits can't be evaded works for anything (its why everyone uses it as offhand to level sunder with, 15% fire 15% light 100% hit chance)

No, it doesn't. Doesn't take much testing to see it either. People use it because 15% phys as added light and fire is nice. Or because they're ignorant. Or both.

(BTW the Princess can give up to 30% phys as added cold. It does come with the downside of inc damage taken from ghosts or w/e, but cold is more useful so personally i'd opt for that)

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
hits cant be evaded is a local stat, it will only apply to attacks with tempestuous steel. Flat accuracy on a weapon is local too.

Now this is a weird one. Accuracy implicits, whether flat or percentage, are local. And from my own testing flat accuracy rolls from magic/rare weapons are local.

But the weird thing is: flat accuracy rolls on unique weapons appear to be global.

I noticed this way way back with Rigwald's Command; I saw the flat accuracy was also helping the Rigwald's Savagery I had in my other had (but not the implicit accuracy). So for a while I assumed flat accuracy explicits were global. But then I saw that equipping a rare offhand with a flat accuracy roll didn't help my mainhand accuracy, and was confused. So then to test stuff I equipped a unique weapon with accuracy (Piscator's) and a rare with accuracy, and played around with them. The accuracy from piscator's helped both. The accuracy from the rare wand only helped itself.

Very strange. Probably a bug. Suppose I ought to report it at some point.

yeah theres some goofs in the works for sure. We noticed at some point that flat acc on a rare was local to our disappointment, but then noticed that if we benched the acc on a 1h weapon from the master it was global (lol). We didnt try uniques, I guess thats probably the same thing going on, whatever was making the bench acc global its the same form of accuracy still on those uniques.
"
Boem wrote:
Best main hand for the mid-tier player will be either dreamfeather, the block weapon or the chain in

Peace,

-Boem-

Nah, Grelwood shank will probably be the best unique weapon for it.

Stack str + accuracy + wed + crit multi on gear.
Ele conversion.

Magna Eclipsis / Lioneyes remorse untill a gg rare shield.
Last edited by ffoD on Feb 17, 2018, 8:40:49 AM
"
Boem wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

Yeah that's gonna be sexy with phys to elemental conversion shield throw.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:
"
DoubleU wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

Peace,

-Boem-

lol, no it won't.

Chain is irrelevant against bosses which is where this skill will struggle hard and the 40-50% wed + 25% crit multi isn't nearly good enough. There's plenty of better options than ewar's.
Last edited by ffoD on Feb 17, 2018, 10:02:29 AM
"
ffoD wrote:

lol, no it won't.

Chain is irrelevant against bosses which is where this skill will struggle hard and the 40-50% wed + 25% crit multi isn't nearly good enough. There's plenty of better options than ewar's.

Yeah i'm totally not gonna use 100% more damage for maps and then press X when i enter the boss-room.

Peace,

-Boem-
"
Boem wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

The bit of an issue with chain is that the original projectile will have to finish chaining before it can shatter. Between the time delay and the shatter happening in a location you may not have wanted it to happen, that could get annoying. And it'd just get worse if you added more chains (from gloomfang, deadeye, etc).
Last edited by Shppy on Feb 17, 2018, 11:40:44 AM
Nope, on some film on YT you can see that its shatter after each chain :)
"
Shppy wrote:
"
Boem wrote:

Peace,

-Boem-

The bit of an issue with chain is that the original projectile will have to finish chaining before it can shatter. Between the time delay and the shatter happening in a location you may not have wanted it to happen, that could get annoying. And it'd just get worse if you added more chains (from gloomfang, deadeye, etc).

It's gonna chain inside the pack before it shatters and then the projectiles are gonna be released deeper into a pack to then chain again.

I assume it will be ideal or more ideal then not doing it in therms of clear speed.
Irrelevant if it explodes on first hit or if it hit's two times and shatters two times.

Peace,

-Boem-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info