[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
There is some mistake in your tree, you also have 2 skill points in reserve (probably quest rewards).
You miss 1 jewel sock in Witch area, where you should set a Healthy mind.

but "healthy mind" gives me 20% max mana and life is converted to mana, do you mean "energy from within" instead?

"
You also don't have enought str. You should upgrade your Doon for a 65+str, get an Opal with 45+ str / 40+ ES / mana and if possible some dex or intel (dex should free 1 skill point), and get a Heavy or Crystal belt in Shaper version for the recovery affixe (atm your belt is extremly bad and does not help you to be res caped in cold).

Your jewels are mostly badly rolled. If you are low on currency, you should aim, for magic %ES/%Burning jewels and then regal them. If you have enought currency, aim for the same base in rare, and 1-2 extra dmg affixe (%fire dmg/%dot/%damage). Your Watcher Eye does not give so much usefull buffs.
Your Memory Vault is low roll in ES. Even a good roll cost like less than 5c.

On PoB, just by correcting your tree and add a 20% Healthy Mind in Witch area, you should reach 9.3k ES. It's not formidable, but slightly better for almost 0 currency : https://pastebin.com/mKVvRA5g

used a divine, got 63 str on doon but lowered cast speed at 15, belt is like 90ex min lmao, impossible.
my dire hold opal ring seems decent am i right?
got new memory vault
Hello, thank you for your guild.
Can you have me out with my character, do i missed something, my ES regen per sec only 1k6 :(
"
metat0r0 wrote:
but "healthy mind" gives me 20% max mana and life is converted to mana, do you mean "energy from within" instead?

used a divine, got 63 str on doon but lowered cast speed at 15, belt is like 90ex min lmao, impossible.
my dire hold opal ring seems decent am i right?
got new memory vault

I mean "Healthy Mind".
With Radiant Faith in our ascendency, we convert 15% of or reserved mana in ES. Our mana reservation is in % (except for Clarity) whatever your maximum mana will be.
For example, you reserve 98% of your mana with your aura (we consider you are not playing Clarity yet).
A. You have 6000 max mana. So you reserve 5880 mana.
With Radiant Faith, you convert 15% of 5880 mana. Radiant Faith will gives you +882 ES.
B. You have 8500 max mana. So you reserve 8330 mana.
With Radiant Faith, you will convert 15% of 8330 mana. Radiant Faith will gives you +1249.5ES.

So basically, getting more max mana will gives you more ES. And if you have the Watcher's Eye Clarity Mana to ES version, the amount of ES you will get will be even higher. That's why having a high mana is extremly interesting. And it's even more interesting if you have the Clarity Watcher's Eye.

For Doon we don't realy care about cast speed. What you should look for is str and mana.

For the belt, it's easy. Buy a ilvl 82 Shaper Heavy Belt with random stats. Then craft it by your self. You can do it by spam chaos in it or by spam alteration in it. Spaming alteration is good to get a base. But for a realy good belt, it's might cost you some ex after you reached the regaling.
"
Hello, thank you for your guild.
Can you have me out with my character, do i missed something, my ES regen per sec only 1k6 :(

Hello. :)

Okay , on your belt you need Shaped base with Energy shield RECOVERY RATE mod as that mod is the most important one for our build. If you're interested in possible belt mods and item level requirements you can visit sites like "PoeAffix".

Your rings are fine but when you're upgrading you should consider Opal rings with mods like Mana/STR/INT/Inc. Fire Dmg and other stats if you're missing some.

One other thing , you should really get level 21 Purity of fire AND socket it into your shield for the effective level of 23., which then gives you another 1% maximum fire resist which of course gives your better net ES regen. So you NEED to buy 21 PoF and swap it with your Vitality gem.

Level 21 Scorching Ray goes a long way too. :)

As for your tree , i see your took Critical Strike Multiplier node near Holy Fire node ? Why ? :D

Also , you did not spec into "Deep Thoughts" node even though you have Healthy Mind jewel ? Do it.
Maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me but you're also missing Pain Attunement ? BLASPHEMY. GET IT NOW LOL :D

You can also consider getting another Healthy Mind near Melding node cluster and see for yourself if it helps.
Other things seem fine. Your Watcher's Eye is good too, i used the same one before upgrading to Clarity one. :)

So yea , do the things i said and you should be golden. If you have other questions feel free to post :D

Cheers.

EDIT : Consider taking more life regen nodes if you're having problems , for example two regen nodes near Scion instead Max. Mana. Etc. Also , some Pantheons can help you out too , like Arakali or Tukohama/Abberath.

EDIT 2 : I also forgot to say that Energy Shield Recovery Rate mod is not shown/included in your defensive tab tooltip , so you're gonna need to use Path Of Building to see how much regen you gain etc. :D
Last edited by VaniSect on Apr 29, 2018, 12:17:24 PM

Not sure which one to use, any help?

"
reagan247 wrote:

The first one. Second one does nothing for you because your energy shield recharge never starts because you're constantly taking damage. It would be good on say an occultist that isn't using RF

Recovery rate = More multiplier for your energy shield regen

Recharge rate = the very fast regeneration that starts after not taking any damage for 5 seconds or so
"
allana wrote:
"
reagan247 wrote:

The first one. Second one does nothing for you because your energy shield recharge never starts because you're constantly taking damage. It would be good on say an occultist that isn't using RF

Recovery rate = More multiplier for your energy shield regen

Recharge rate = the very fast regeneration that starts after not taking any damage for 5 seconds or so

Thank you! (want to help me price the other one now?) hahaha again, thank you.
Oh, and thank for this build OP! I've had a lot of fun leveling this character. It's also been my first RF character, so I've learned more than I had imagined I would.
Last edited by reagan247 on Apr 30, 2018, 2:55:50 AM
Hi Guys,
Just started withe the build, would be nice if you can take a look over my build.
How would it be with an essence elder craftet hubris? Would give my rf 150k more dps.
"
Hi Guys,
Just started withe the build, would be nice if you can take a look over my build.
How would it be with an essence elder craftet hubris? Would give my rf 150k more dps.

My personal opinion is that for general mapping, memory vault is the best. But for bosses, a helm like this would probably be more enjoyable. Having 60k armor is just amazing versus regular trash.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info