[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
Bob_ROss wrote:
I am going to respec soon and will try it with this equipment/build:

That looks pretty good to me. Closer to my tree but I haven't gone for Barbarism or the Armour nodes leading to Warrior's Blood instead opting for more ES. Whether this turns out to be a good idea - I guess like you I will find out in the next week or so :)

Consider an ES Recovery Watcher's Eye vs a Vitality one. I have had my eye on a few of those and they are also around 3ex. Maybe see which one gives the most regen for your build in PoB. From the little I played around in PoB with your link a 30% ES regen watcher's eye may give around 175 regen vs 150 ish on the vitality version but I bodged the figures in and depending on the rolls of the watcher's eye one could pull ahead. Anyway, I would keep my eye out for either one as they both seem to do similar things.

Presence is nice for the ES boost although a well rolled amy with flat ES, Strength and a 20% ES craft is also going to be pretty good or the astramentis. The stun immunity and the chaos res on the Presence are also really nice though which is where I think it really shines. I luckily bought mine at the start of the league before I even knew about this build so pleased I don't have to worry about that.

Which does bring me on to point 3 that yeah, getting that 6 - link on the SR and a lvl 21/20 SR is a pretty big deal. Good luck with linking is all I can say! Personally I expect I will just Vorici my current Shav's as it's nicely rolled and I hate dealing with RNG when it comes to this stuff. I'll throw fuses at a chest towards the end of the league when it doesn't matter to me too much. Maybe a loreweave or something.

With regards to what to aim for first then the watcher's eye being the cheapest is what I would do first.

Then if you are having issues with stuns (and not running the brine king pantheon) or chaos damage go for the Presence. Otherwise if you feel tanky enough but want more damage for bossing then the Shav's / 21/20 SR is what you should probably prioritise.
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Mar 23, 2018, 1:33:41 PM
can anyone tell me where you place the healthy mind jewel :) pls!
"
KOLACIC1 wrote:
can anyone tell me where you place the healthy mind jewel :) pls!

North of witch start.
Why detonate dead dmg on the helm ?o,o
"
Pixelicious wrote:

He obviously hasn't gotten a helpful enchant. I would go with RF damage. Or SR damage. But both are insanely expensive, Memory Vault is not a helmet that is often enchanted...

Different from other RF builds, reduced mana reservation enchants are actually bad for this build.

So as the most useful enchants are only 40% increased damage enchants, which also cost 12ex (SR) or 26ex(RF), getting one of them is very low priority. I mean, you get much more damage from spending 5ex on better jewels or rings.

There are of course cheaper small QoL enchants like SR beam length or cast speed. I would not bother with the RF increased area enchant. You have to really look for any increase in aoe...
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 23, 2018, 1:43:45 PM
what helmenchant is the best? manareserv or some dmg?
"
Raklap wrote:
what helmenchant is the best? manareserv or some dmg?

Are you for real? Read the comment above yours...

I understand not wanting to read through 40 pages of questions and answers, but to not even read the last page before asking a question?
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 23, 2018, 2:15:29 PM
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Pixelicious wrote:

He obviously hasn't gotten a helpful enchant. I would go with RF damage. Or SR damage. But both are insanely expensive, Memory Vault is not a helmet that is often enchanted...

Different from other RF builds, reduced mana reservation enchants are actually bad for this build.

So as the most useful enchants are only 40% increased damage enchants, which also cost 12ex (SR) or 26ex(RF), getting one of them is very low priority. I mean, you get much more damage from spending 5ex on better jewels or rings.

There are of course cheaper small QoL enchants like SR beam length or cast speed. I would not bother with the RF increased area enchant. You have to really look for any increase in aoe...

With a reduced mana reserve I believe it’s possible to run another aura like arctic armour. Haven’t tried but seems feasible. Rf and sr enchants are no doubt best.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
"
"
Mecielle wrote:
"
Pixelicious wrote:

With a reduced mana reserve I believe it’s possible to run another aura like arctic armour. Haven’t tried but seems feasible. Rf and sr enchants are no doubt best.

How would that work? Very sure the math does not check out.

EDIT: Also, if it would check out, where you would slot another skill gem? Unset Ring seems inefficient.
Last edited by Mecielle on Mar 23, 2018, 4:25:46 PM
I just rerolled my Frostbolt Totem Hiero and made my first guardians + red elder T12 with LL RF SR. It was very nice, but of course with only 8.8k ES, you have to take some care while fighting Elder.

My next goal is the Watchers Eye with Life Regen or ES regen (like Dr Harvey considered). The 3ex should be there soon.

@DrHarvey: what armour nodes you removed? They have the life regen on it, too.

Well, this is how a "budget" "starter" version of this build can look like (I spent about 8-10ex):

https://pastebin.com/Jw72SQGy

Think how I can stack some more ES. Maybe get rid of the fire nodes?
Last edited by Bob_ROss on Mar 23, 2018, 5:26:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info