[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

so far so good
Last edited by Saladin2 on Jan 6, 2019, 8:32:58 PM
"
Wylajtowany96 wrote:
How you level this build?

It's a pain! Let's say that until I reached lvl 70ish and started to equip endgame gear (I recommend to do it) I was made of paper. Syndicate encounters were impossible, to the point I ignored them from act 4 foward (until then I was stubbborn).
For more good advise, I recommend page 137, there are two comments from Lagrossimone (a frequent commenter of this tread and the unofficial new owner of the build) that helps a lot with the leveling process.
I just started leveling this yesterday...

Best way is probably to Level as life righteous fire or summoner and then respecc once you got the ES-Gear.

Else you just Level as (very squishy) Life-Righeousfire.
If you have 2 Kikarasus you can easily start at around Level 30 using RF if your willing to Flask (life or/and ruby) constantly. Just walk trough all the content but your not really a tank and bosses will be a pain (i imagine... Just did Act 3 and norm. Lab yesterday).
"
Parthieon wrote:
Also, where should i make improvements with this build? I was thinking with starting with my boots, since its probly the cheapest to upgrade first. Also if anyone has tips for leveling that would be great.

https://pastebin.com/eDyaVkfX

Your tree does not fit your level of stuff. And you did huge mistakes.

Try this tree with 2-3 changes in the stuff : https://pastebin.com/R2YQtdDx

1. Buy an extra Healthy Mind 20% ;
2. Buy a belt with the affixe "16-20% increase ES recovery rate".
3. Optional : Switch place of Carrion Solace Cobalt Jewel ;
4. Optional : Buy a Transcendant Mind and put it in the actual slot where you have your Carrion Solace Cobalt Jewel ;

You will lose some ES (9.2k -> 7.9k) but you will win a lot of net life regen (from -45 to +749 which means each second you will regen 10% of your max ES). And with a +2 aura/AOE corruption on shaper's touch and lvl 21 purity aura, you will have a higher max res (82/80/82 -> 84/83/84).
You will also lose a bit of dps, but from your point it won't be noticable.

Note, for higher ES and a bit less regen, you can replace Transcendant mind with a rare jewel with %max ES, %burning and extra mods like dmg affixes or some stats.

"
Chico1988 wrote:

I'm wandering if this have any space in this build. It seams to be fine to good for mapping. Thoughts?

This should be usable yeah. Personnaly, I did not tried yet, so I don't realy know how solide this flask is.
But only by reading it's mods, I'm a bit sceptical about it's utility.
I see 2 majors problems :

1. The core explicite only provide regen on kill, which mostly only happen against trash, and not against boss. This may be problematics because, most of situations where you need more regen will be against hard boss. And there is not so much boss fight that have much adds to kill.
And at the same time I didn't tested yet if this flask compet with the regen from Consecrated Ground provided by a Sulphur flask.
2. This flask will block an extra anti-ailments flask affixe, and in this build we don't have so much flask slot for this. So this may lower the tankiness of the build.

But imo, the veiled crafted mod you have here is top tier. I'm curious if it's considered as a prefixe or a suffixe.

"
Dkodr wrote:
This bench-mod should be good for this build no?

This master craft works on this build yeah. But I don't see it as relevant.
What this affixe provide, is only a reduction of the delay of our ES regen start, and only the start.
I don't see it realy usefull because it will be fucked up by 2 other mecanics : Time of Need ascendency and Vaal Discipline.

"
Wylajtowany96 wrote:
How you level this build?

There is many way to level this build :

- With a life based RF build. It's possible, and you will have to respect a lot of passives (this should cost you less than 30 regret tho). But it won't be the most efficient way for leveling. You will be squishy, and may die a lot. Here you can find a lot of leveling guide on youtube, like this one (the tree, class and ascendancy should change a bit tho).
- With any other leveling build (Poet's Pen, Molten Strike, Totem Arc, etc.) and you respect your tree later when switching for this build.
It's probably the most expensive way to go but, at the same time, the quickest way to level this character.

Personnaly, this league I did it with Molten Strike.
You just need a wild fire, a tabula, a claw with some flat life gain on hit. And if you have some chaos to spend in your leveling stuff, you just can use a Thief's Torment ring, and an Ornament of the East claw.
It worked realy well.

"
Saladin2 wrote:
is the current tree of the build made for 3.5? i wanna use it for betrayal league

The tree you may use for this build is highly dependant on your stuff and the level of your stuff.
The trees posted by OP are highly based on his stuff and some specifics items that are, in general, expensive (but in comparaison to previous league, the specifics expensive items are way more cheaper this league).

For people who want to play this build on budget, I highly recommand to follow this tree for a lvl 90-92 character.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Jan 8, 2019, 8:36:35 AM
"
But imo, the veiled crafted mod you have here is top tier. I'm curious if it's considered as a prefixe or a suffixe.

Sadly, it's a Sufix. It may still be good, but it take place of a ailment removal.

Craft this in place of a anti-curse flask (don't like to run two quicksilvers). Looks like it's as good as it appears to be. Recommend to get it in a flask.
Hi all,

Been following a combination of this build and the poe.ninja site. I'm looking to start filling in the holes in the build and I have a few questions.

First off I figures the bulds at 100 do not have gear that might work for a level 80 characters so I'd like some advice.

Belt - running the cyclopean right now but see lots people in here running energy shield recovery is there any reason to run the cyclopean belt other than stat boosts?

Rings - I'm currently on the look out for the rings to replace my Kikus, we want mainly str mana and energy shield on these correct?

Boots - I got the 1.5% enchanct on some decent boots but I really want movement speed on them, might reroll them or buy new.

Amulet - I'm running the stat boost one is it better to run chayulas or is it a trade off of chaos resist vs nice stat boosts?

Regen - my regen is not as high as I would like. Being that I have to keep on a Kik ring to break even without flask or boot enchant. I'm not sure if this is due to taking too much regen off the skill tree or my gear.

Bandits - I helped all but in PoB the oak benefits seem minor would the 2 skill.poonts be better now?

I'd like some advice on what I should focus on next. My current goal is to raise the money for the watchers eye then move on from there.

My character is lowcut_lowlife in betrayal and it's a wip but any help is appreciated

https://pastebin.com/5u6jxFTZ
Last edited by Kronodude on Jan 9, 2019, 7:01:03 PM
"
Kronodude wrote:
Hi all,

Been following a combination of this build and the poe.ninja site. I'm looking to start filling in the holes in the build and I have a few questions.

First off I figures the bulds at 100 do not have gear that might work for a level 80 characters so I'd like some advice.

Belt - running the cyclopean right now but see lots people in here running energy shield recovery is there any reason to run the cyclopean belt other than stat boosts?

Rings - I'm currently on the look out for the rings to replace my Kikus, we want mainly str mana and energy shield on these correct?

Boots - I got the 1.5% enchanct on some decent boots but I really want movement speed on them, might reroll them or buy new.

Amulet - I'm running the stat boost one is it better to run chayulas or is it a trade off of chaos resist vs nice stat boosts?

Regen - my regen is not as high as I would like. Being that I have to keep on a Kik ring to break even without flask or boot enchant. I'm not sure if this is due to taking too much regen off the skill tree or my gear.

Bandits - I helped all but in PoB the oak benefits seem minor would the 2 skill.poonts be better now?

I'd like some advice on what I should focus on next. My current goal is to raise the money for the watchers eye then move on from there.

My character is lowcut_lowlife in betrayal and it's a wip but any help is appreciated

Hi,

First you should keep in mind few things about LL RF Guardian based on Mem Vault, Shaper's Touch and Prism Guardian. Poe.ninja build does not provide any forme of detailed information about a build. It only show you a ranked list of characters considering lvl, life, es based on ascendency, skills and stuff played.
And it only focus on top tier build that have the most highest lvl, life and/or ES. This does not means the character is balanced, but only that it is min-maxed in terme of those stats. So you have to keep in mind that there is a huge limite in this source of information.
At the same time, a guide provide a concept of build with some generic advice to people in orther to provide the basic knowledge to run a build. And so, a guide have to be flexible enought to make people run a build on budget, while Poe.ninja will hide all budget build because they will end up with low stats.

Seclondly, there is so basic reasons why we are suggesting some items choice rather than those played by top ranked character on poe.ninja build leaderboard.
So let jump to your questions :
- The belt : %ES recovery rate is highly recommanded from budget build to high end build. This will buff a lot your "Net life regen" and will provide you a huge boost to your survivability.
Elder belt may be played for the %increased attributes. It's extremly powerfull, but it will be viable for this build only after a certain level (I would say lvl 96+), and/or if you have some specifics items : Watcher's Eye that provide a regen buff in addition to the Clarity buff. But those watcher's eye are realy expensive (15+ex for a Vitality version, and if you are looking for a %es recovery rate with discipline in addition to Clarity buff, then it will be more close than 45-50ex).
%Increased Attributes is a formidable affixe and can provide a lot of dps and ES, but at the same time you will have to sacrify you regen, and so a part of your tankiness for this. So here, we do not talk about it because it's only relevant for people who have reached a realy high lvl of stuff. That's why you are seeing so much Elder belt on Poe.ninja while here we suggest a shaper belt. Because shaper belt is a cheap solution that help a lot this build to sustain RF while on low stuff.

- Rings : Looks for str/intel/ES/mana/flat cold or light dmg to attacks on your first ring. On your second ring, looks for str/intel/dex/ES/mana (dex will be needed only if you are playing Chayula).

- Boots : If your boots have less than 180ES, it might be better to play Sin Trek. Otherwise a rare paire of boots with the highest ES possible and 25+ move speed is good enought. An other version consist in playing hybride boots providing a lot of str/intel/mana/move speed and some ES. But it have to be extremly high rolled to be competitive with Sin Trek.

- Amulet : Presence of Chayula is not needed at all. It's only a QoL amulet because of the anti-stun and +60% chaos res. Otherwise, a rare amulet with a lots of stats, or an Eyes of the Greatwolf with "%inc all attributes" may provide better result in terme of stats.
Astramantis is an excellente cheap solution that may help you until end game.

- Renge : At your level you should not need Kikazaru anymore. On my Betrayal RF I didn't played it at all. I'm lvl 84, and already have 850+ net life regen (without any temporary buff like boots enchant or flask), with almost 11k ES, and I don't rely on Oak bandit reward. I play the +2 skill.
If you struggle with your regen, there is many solution. Your tree looks good, so I would say you should looks for a belt with %ES recovery rate (shaper base), and, if needed a Transcendant Mind in the jewel slot between MoM and EE. You will lose 50 intel, but will win 2% ES regen (for me it provide +350 net life regen and cost me ~300ES). Look the FAQ of zzang, he gave some advice to sustain RF and have a good net life regen.

- Bandit : Start with Oak. But once you have enought regen and can drop it, respect this reward for +2 skill points. Generaly, for most peoples it's good to do this around lvl 92. At lvl 92 we start to have high level gems and enought stuff and currency to do stuff change that alow us to reach those stats.

As a general advice, if you want a specific character review, you should post the pastebin of your character. It's easier for us to provide you a build check. Even if we can import your character from account name on PoB, when you did this 7-8 times in a row in order to help people it start to be realy anoying.
Help us to help you, post your pastebin. ;)
Thanks for the help I'll look into the advice to help boost the regen and solidify the build. I was on mobile when I posted so I couldn't upload my PoB for the build. Will edit it in later when I get home.

Also question I'm getting frozen a lot what does the build take to mitigate that effect and does anyone take the light radius on energy shield passive just for QoL

Hello! Could you check my build and point me where to go from here please?

https://pastebin.com/V2vSfA6x

Thanks!!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info