[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

"
Chico1988 wrote:
"
yissus wrote:
I love LLRF. I played a few leagues ago. I wanna start one but when i staart to investigate i see no guides in forum, nobody talking in reddit. Whats going on?Why are not many people playing LL RF in 3.5?. Something happen with the build?. Or its not a good build for endgame and syndicate bosses in 3.5 because the lot of damage they do?.

My gess is that nothing new was added, so people have not much to discuss. There is always more buzz on new things (all the figuring alt the best build, or the best way to build X), so when another thing remains unchanged, people lose interest.

How it performs the build in the endgame of 3.5? with all the syndicate burst heavy damage (for the ES regeneration I mean). I remember when i played the problem was when we get a lot of hits can regenerate fast enough and die. And can you do easy guardians or uber elder with this build?
Last edited by yissus on Jan 11, 2019, 4:35:28 PM
"
Eko13 wrote:
@lagrossesimone hi/salut , could you please check my character and tell me which build looks better ? i don't understand how can you can sustain 7 auras without much mana (i followed another build, but i feel like switching to yours since it will be more dmg and chaos resistance which is my main weakness)

Hi,
Post me a pastebin of your character, then I will check this (importing the character of everyone start to be depressing).

"
aDoreMe wrote:
I have a question myself:
I atm have a Watcher's eye with Disciplin/ES-Reg and X% Physdamage taken as Firedamage. Is a Clarity watchers eye much better?
A disciplin/clarity Watcher's eye is ridiculously expensive so I have to choose. My gut tells me that Clarity is way better but i didn't think that far at the time because i still struggled a bit with regen :).

From a certain point, increasing your max ES will start to increase your flat net life regen. It will not be as efficient as the %ES recovery rate affixe. But it will buff it a bit.
From what I experienced, a Clarity version buff both of your defensives stats and offensives stats. A good Watcher's Eye will provide around 18% more ES and as much dps, and a bit of regen.

I don't know how much ex you have to spend in this build, but if you are looking for a watcher's eye with the Clarity mods and a regen buff affixe, there is 3 differents aura buffs that buff our regen ranked from the most efficent to the less one :
1. (20-30)% increased Energy Shield Recovery Rate while affected by Discipline
2. (1.5-2.5)% of Maximum Energy Shield Regenerated per Second while affected by Discipline
2bis. (100-140) Life Regenerated per Second while affected by Vitality

A vitality version is way more cheaper (still ~10ex) and will provide a good boost to your regen.

"
Fullrom wrote:
I saw that ES recharge rate is important on this build but i seem to be confused about ES regen/sec and ES recharge rate.

I had the assumption for ES build that you either had to rely on increasing your ES recharge rate as well as building around % faster ES recharge start and an occultist or build that makes recharge not interrupted by dmg once it started

OR go for pure life/es regen/sec through zealous blood and stacking %life regen per second.

I'm now confused because i was sure that ES recharge rate didnt affect %ES regen/sec, my question you guessed it is : Is it the case? :O

Be extremly carefull, there is many affixe that buff our regen, but those buff does not works the same way in the calculation of our regen.
The most efficient and important affixe is "% Energy Shield recovery rate". Be extremly carefull in the wording. Recovery rate is different to recharge rate and to regen per second. Recovery rate works in a multiplicative way while other source are additional.

"
yissus wrote:
I love LLRF. I played a few leagues ago. I wanna start one but when i staart to investigate i see no guides in forum, nobody talking in reddit. Whats going on?Why are not many people playing LL RF in 3.5?. Something happen with the build?. Or its not a good build for endgame and syndicate bosses in 3.5 because the lot of damage they do?.

RF build are less populare this league because it's not a meta build.
RF mecanics makes the character a bit slow in map clear.
Last league, the build was still a bit popular because many people thought with the Delve annoucement that a characher with an extremly strong regen won't suffer from strong degen from obscurity, while it was not the case.
Peoples are aware that this build isn't super fast, and will not fuck the Delve mecanic.
So I have a few more questions regarding this build.

First off I'm running the RF on my main 6l? Is this another version of this build, cause the build seems exactly the same I'm just using RF as my main damage instead of SR. I run SR on my Doons. I'm going to assume the build can be run either way

So a few things, I finally got my shield Regen to place I feel comfortable so I want to start pulling it off to put in a little more damage. What the a normal amount of net regen I should be shooting for? I'm at 550 without flasks or boot enchants. This would include dropping stone golem for CoH EW of flam.

Second as I'm not using SR for my main damage should I take the point out of Pain Attunement? I figure that the extra damage it gives is better than nothing and I don't see where I could pop that extra point where is would be more helpful.

Third I am leveling up elemental weakness to use instead of flammability, since we don't take 2 curse on anything, EW CoH would only really be used on bosses correct, where reducing the ele res is more effective than despair level 21 from the witchbrew flask?

Finally I've heard that below a str cap the Doryani's is better than Doons but when putting it into PoB Doon's seems overall better with Doryani's only giving like 2k extra damage off of RF.

Thanks for your help.

Build - Work in Progress still need my Watcher's Eye
https://pastebin.com/eFk2qsDk
"
How it performs the build in the endgame of 3.5? with all the syndicate burst heavy damage (for the ES regeneration I mean). I remember when i played the problem was when we get a lot of hits can regenerate fast enough and die. And can you do easy guardians or uber elder with this build?

Build is really tanky thanks to high resists, armor and block. As league starter I waited some time to get items before transitioning to RF just becouse tankyness of build was really good against unnerfed syndicate. Endgame syndicate is no problem.

Deffo good build for syndicate league, works as league starter thanks to cheap core items and people have posted good talent trees for cheaper start (picking more regen and aura nods).

Also: skip Doon & Doriani, Dreadbeak is new black with that sweet zoom zoom onslaught for easy farming.
Can anyone give any pointers on what i should do to improve my dmg? at least for what i should try to shoot for

https://pastebin.com/kH3TdiHz
i wanna know what you think of enfeeble as an aura which gives 30% less dmg dealt to us when comes to vs bosses? would that be a good option, Also for jewels can i go full healthy minds? my es would double my reg would increase and even the armor, would that be good option more Es more reg More armor over some dmg?
Last edited by Saladin2 on Jan 13, 2019, 4:00:32 AM
@lagrossesimone : here it is : https://pastebin.com/qG83yYsK

hope you can help me to improve :)
What are the best auras for the shield?

I guess Determination Purity of Fire and Vitality?
"
I guess Determination Purity of Fire and Vitality?

Vitality doesnt gain much by additional levels. Getting another lvl21 aura on shield gives you at least 1% maximum resistance, or 2-3% with skillpoints on auras. Thats on OPs guide as well.

(In the end, youll want enlighten4 on gloves with +2 aura gems getting you that +3 on all auras and you dont need to worry that anymore)
What a cool build ! I wanna say thank you LAGROSSESIMONE for your detailed explainations on page 135 , 137 and 144.
Ive never played Rf before and never a LL version. Sadly i did not truly research the cost of this build in HC betrayal.

So ive had to make the poverty version work without a Shavs. im low on es, 5.4k but levels and eventually a shav with better boots should solve this.

My question is if there is a realiable way to proc the 50% inc recovery rate to es from pantheon. My understanding is that since we dont have a codt / immortal call / blood rage setup we only proc this when we use a dousing flask under the effect on rightous fire ?.

is there a way to constantly have this 50% rate up to help with rf degen and make us tankier. the difference must be huge since the 20% on belt was day and night for my setup.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info