[3.7] LL RF Scorching Ray Guardian | 19K ES | 52k Armour|1.5 mil dps| Uber Elder & HoGM DEATHLESS

Can we use rare scepter with high fire damage at this build or Doon Cuebiyari is still better?
"
Serj wrote:
Man, as i said i can't sell/change it atm, mostly cause of cold res. I'm sitting with 81/85 atm. Also it can proc my EE only with shield charge, that i use while mapping for movement mostly.

I don't get why you say it's impossible to sell/change your ring atm. There is plenty of ring with the good architecture of stats, and some cold resist in trade for few chaos : https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Incursion/0p8qL8Ug
If you focus only on Opal base then yeah, it will be extremly difficult to change it.
But obvuiously, fucking up your clear speed because of the wrong elem proc with EE will cost you way more than losing Opal implicit.

So imho, you should check out other base and switch for non opal base. I'm sure you will be able to find a realy good ring like this for a bunch of chaos.
And I would like to add, if you corrupt a poor base with good roll and get the anti bleed corruption, you will win way more than an Opal base.

But it's all up to you man.

"
Loki1338 wrote:
I had the same gear, a Memory Vault corrupted with +2 to socketed gems btw, near max rolls. And the healthy mind, i got nearly the same stats and it didnt work well. It was unable to build a temple at the moment this is one of the best way to get currency and i like it. I have zero problems with my crap geared Double Strike Champion in SSF to complete a incursion. For mapping it is ok, slower than a occultist but at the boss fights much saver. I didnt say it doesnt work to play this character, but with very good gear it is "doable" but not working well :(

I only had hard time to build temple with this character in the first weeks of the league, because my stuff was many level under the topic requirement (4L shavronne, no watcher's eye, no chayula, etc.). But at the moment I meet the stuff requirement of this build, it was doable. Not extremly easy I agree, but absolutly doable.

And now I don't have any problème to build my Temple even in T16 with a Brightbeak + Conc Effect setup. You just have to be carfull with maps roll and avoid the "monster have xx% more life" & TC map mods in addition to other no go RF map mods. Otherwise you will have a hard time in your Incursion.
I don't want to sounds rude, but when many peoples does not meet the same difficulty than you, then I might say the problem should be in your build.

But I want to be clear, RF build does not realy fit the Incursion mechanic. It's doable, but at the same time, you should probably do it with an other char.
Or you can play with someone who have a great clear speed character.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Jul 26, 2018, 3:08:44 PM
"
And now I don't have any problème to build my Temple even in T16 with a Brightbeak + Conc Effect setup. You just have to be carfull with maps roll and avoid the "monster have xx% more life" & TC map mods in addition to other no go RF map mods. Otherwise you will have a hard time in your Incursion.
I don't want to sounds rude, but when many peoples does not meet the same difficulty than you, then I might say the problem should be in your build.

But I want to be clear, RF build does not realy fit the Incursion mechanic. It's doable, but at the same time, you should probably do it with an other char.
Or you can play with someone who have a great clear speed character.

Use Dreadbeak to gain onslaught and maintain dps. Brightbeak is ok but gimps dps. Take out determination and use haste (have another shield for this). Don’t need so much armour for run this since regen is already high for llrf.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Last edited by DreadLordAvatar on Jul 26, 2018, 4:17:26 PM
In Bestiary I tested it and I had the feeling I needed more the AS from Brightbeak than the dps boost form Dreadbeak. However I didn't tested Dreadbeak for Incursion yet. I will give a try.
"
"
thegamingkage wrote:
Can anyone help me?i cant seem to get more than 12-13 k ES :(

12-13k ES is a fairly good amount of ES. If you want to get more ES, this imply few things :
- Geting more lvl. Every LL RF build with more than 14-15k ES got this ES with a lvl 95-100 character ;
- You cannot get over 13k ES without min-maxed stuff or legacy stuff, so this imply some extremly expensive stuff ;
- You have to do some choices/sacrifices in your tree. And you tree should be builded around your level of stuff. With 300 chaos budget, you can't play the same tree than peoples with 20ex of stuff, and the tree will be different for people who have some mirror tier sutff.
It's up to you to find which node provide the best upgrade with your stuff. So you have to use PoB and theory craft. We can't do this for everyone. We can gives you few generics advices, but don't rely too much on the advice of a guy that just checked your build in 5 min if you theory crafted your character for weeks. Some tree provide more ES and less regen, some provide more dps, etc. If your stuff gives you a great level of regen, you may drop some in your tree for more ES or dmg. But it your stuff does not provide you enought regen you probably should drop some ES node in order to reach a confortable level of regen.

Personnaly, and in a more accurate review, imho, your rares items should be upgraded or rerrolled.
Your rings are ok ring for a budget build. But in your situation they are not "ok ring", they are just trash. You belt is a 50+ex belt. Imoh there is an obvious problem in mixing 10c rare ring with ok but poor roll when you have a 50+ex belt. There is a realy questionnable balance in your budget.

You reached the point where your rings should have, as a base : 40+ str ; 40+ int ; 40+ ES or 60+ Mana ; flat elem dmg to attacks or 45+dex, and space to master craft one of the missing stats listed here.
Your belt cannot stay with those rolls. You have to reroll it in order to get descent stats on it. Aim for, at least : 30+ str / 30+ intel / 18+ ES recovery rate / 1 free suffixe for master craft the cold res.
You can also try to get an anti bleed corruption on one of your ring in order to remove Death Door and play some pure ES boots.

Rest is only min-maxing your stuff and geting extra levels (12-12k ES at lvl 91 is realy good tbh, if you have doubt on it, just check out the PoB of my Incursion RF. I don't think we can say I'm understuffed, and I'm still at 13k ES pob : https://pastebin.com/hBJ4LTbv ).

I am 64 years old and have inherited this account so you can say i am a noob. But to say any opal rings with 40 or so max energy shield with the legacy #% energy shield roll as worth 10c is just not right - ok? The belt i had cost me about to craft, you say 50ex? well lucky me. The belt i have now cost me about 250chaos after i finally got 1 to drop, the recommended ring i bought cost me 15 ex and i reallt cannot see why or how it is any better than the ring i had, pretty much the same as the other ring i am wearing now.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
I am 64 years old and have inherited this account so you can say i am a noob. But to say any opal rings with 40 or so max energy shield with the legacy #% energy shield roll as worth 10c is just not right - ok? The belt i had cost me about to craft, you say 50ex? well lucky me. The belt i have now cost me about 250chaos after i finally got 1 to drop, the recommended ring i bought cost me 15 ex and i reallt cannot see why or how it is any better than the ring i had, pretty much the same as the other ring i am wearing now.

I took a quick look, rings are nice, some easy ways to pump up your ES w/o a mana/clarity watcher eye:

-Bless orb the belt for +18es
-At start of tree, take the 3 ar/es nodes instead of the 3 top for 15%es
-Take nullification node for 10%es (despec arcane vision, it’s not needed and only a qol)

Other options:
-despec the 5 fire nodes at the top and put into 6%Es nodes down to path of the savant
-ephemeral edge w/ 50%Es (~500 es over doon if I recall)
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Last edited by DreadLordAvatar on Jul 28, 2018, 9:43:37 AM
Thank you very much DreadLordAvatar, sitting on just over 14k ES now. Obviously damage is down a bit but i would prefer to stay alive and more ES does that.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Thank you very much DreadLordAvatar, sitting on just over 14k ES now. Obviously damage is down a bit but i would prefer to stay alive and more ES does that.

You need that bottle

5 Эмблем Сервис - 4 Divine Orb/Capped Loot!!!
"
EDMOSES wrote:

First, I will never shame or bully anyone because they do not understand something in this game when they acts with humility and asks for help by asking questions. So relax about this we all started this game at a moment, even if it's not realy confortable when we do not understand some technical points. And even experimented player might discover some unfamiliar mechanics that makes them "newbie" with some builds. So don't worry I'm the type of patient guy who takes time to explain things (even if I have to sounds like a retards because of terrible english).

Secondly, I never said a ring with a legacy master craft %es would cost 10c.
In Incursion league, Temple can drop some items with 1 specific affixe. One of those specific affixe add something like 40+ flat ES and up to 9% ES or something like this. But while your RF is in Standar I don't think it's realy relevant to talk about this here.
For your question about why we are playing those kind of stats rings and not legacy ring. This build cross few type of builds at the same time :
- RF mechanics : As you may read, RF dps is based on your life and ES pool. The more ES and the more Life you have, the more dps your RF will do. So you need the highest ES/Life pool as possible in order to have greater RF dps ;
- Low Life build : We reserve as much Mana and Life as possible and rely on ES. This alow this build to stack auras as an aura bot, that's what make this build so tanky ;
- Mana Guardian build : Because of Radiant Faith ascendency we convert a % of our reserved mana in ES. And in addition to this the Watcher's Eye with Clarity buff works in the same way and stacks with Radiant Faith. So while we are playing a LL build who stacks many auras, we will reserve almost all our mana. So basicaly, the more max mana we have, the more ES we will get. That's why Healthy Mind can be an extremly powerfull jewel in a budget version of this build ;
- Shaper's Touch & Doon build : Here is the tricky part of the build. By stacking strengh, Shaper's Touch will provide %ES and flat mana based on our strengh pool. And Doon will works the same way but will provide %dmg. So the more overall str we have the more those two items will provide ES, Mana and Dmg. And at the same time, str will provide his natural buff of flat life which will also buff by a little our RF dps.

So basicaly, the way this build works is simple, we get great benefits from Str and Intel bonus. The higher those 2 stats are, the higher our ES, mana and dmg will be (because of Shaper's Touch, Doon and the natural bonus of each stats). That's why we are looking for rings that will provide a huge amount of stats in priority. So the core stats for rings should be a combinasion of thoses affixes : str, intel, flat ES, Max Mana. Obviously %inc ES is a realy profitable affixe. But at the same time it's an "increased" bonus, not a "more". And there is only 2 ways to get this affixe at moment : in std we have the legacy master craft which is extremly expensive on rings with the right stats (do not expect to find rings with thoses stats and this master craft for less than a mirror service imho), and in Incursion we have the hybrid incursion affixe (4x flat ES / x% inc ES) which here can be extremly tricky to get with the right stats.
From my personnal tests, I found that in general, most of legacy rings you may find on the market will not provide superior buffs than full stats rings. This worked for me with at least 3 or 4 different RF and worked with many peoples I helped here when I did test on PoB with their build.
So, even if I didn't tested with your character yet, I would say blindly : if your new ring does not provide more stat that your legacy ring then, this can be explained in 3 ways :
- Maybe your legacy ring have an architecture of stats that is quitte fited for this build and so maybe you should keep it ;
- Maybe you looked for ring with the wrong stats which mess the comparaison ;
- You missed something in this build when you builded your character.
Also, on this point keep in mind 1-2 things. A ring with a legacy affixe will always have a higher price than the same non legacy ring with the same stats. So basicaly you will overpay this legacy affixe even if it's not so usefull for your build.
So in many way, if you don't care about the collection of legacy items, it might be better for you to sell your legacy stuff and buy some stuff extremly fitted to the need of your build. This might be verified in most case imo.

The belt you have imo does not fit this build and your level of gear.
There is 2 belt choice in my eyes and they are fonction of your level of gear :
1. For most of us, we need %ES recovery rate on our stuff, so we have to go for a Shaper belt with T1 %ES recovery rate.
2. You have an extremly powerfull and expensive Watcher's Eye (Mana = ES with Clarity + ES recovery rate with Discipline and potentially a second regen affixe). In this situation you have a Watcher's Eye that should brings you enought regen to your build, so you can focus on something else on belt sock. Then the best choice would be to go for an Elder belt with %inc Attribut affixe.
In the 2 situation, the best architecture of stats is the same for the belt. We are looking for Str / flat ES / Cold res and the affixe specified previously. On shaper belt you might also look for %ES affixe in addition.
So imho, here you might want to sell your belt in order to get an other one and craft : xx Str / xx ES / %inc Attribut or %ES recovery rate / Cold res. This should be better than the one you are playing because %Life recovery rate does not works for this build. Personnaly and considering your level of stuff I would go for a Shaper belt with the %ES recovery rate affixe rather than an Elder belt with %inc attribute affixe.

By the way, your Morbid Glove Hypnotic Eye jewel is realy bad. You have some flat fire dmg on spell on it. This flat is applied to Orb of Storms, and then do a bad interaction with Elemental Equilibrium.

For the rest, DreadLordAvatar gave you some wise advices.
I hope this eplaination helped you.

"
Kagan290 wrote:
You need that bottle

Sorroxw of the Divine is like a random Sulphur Flask with extra duration. We don't care about the second affixe while we already have Zealot's Oath in or passive tree. A magical Sulphur Flask with some extra duration with an anti aliement affixe will be better.
The only thing in which Sorrow is better than a magic flask is the 0.4sec extra duration. But this is clearly secondary imo.
Last edited by LAGROSSESIMONE on Jul 30, 2018, 8:01:40 AM
Alright I am pretty happy with where my character stands as of now. I have hit the shaper's touch corruption and memory vault corruptions I have been after. I also hit an OK prism guardian corruption. I will post my gear as an update. I have only died once in the past (4) levels on this character and I am level 96 now with 41% towards 97. The damage feels good enough and nearly nothing in the game is threatening at all. The only boss I feel I have to be careful on is Phoenix. I have not faced uber atziri or uber elder (I've never attempted these on any character). Once I level I will attempt uber atziri since I've never done the fight.

The gear is below and I am quite happy with it thus far. I feel like there is some mix-maxing needed eventually but its a good start. Let me know if any one has any suggestions! The frost wall is to keep shaper alive during the elder fight (I know, I suck).

Spoiler

Stats:

Level 96 and 41%
14,735 ES
500k RF DPS
784K SR DPS
52k armour
82/81/82 resistances

If anyone can help me figure out which regen number is right let me know. PoB has a couple different numbers and so does the in game display so I'm not sure which is right.

Last edited by Cruxation on Jul 30, 2018, 11:51:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info