Abyss Content Integration

"
Perq wrote:
I honestly think that Harbinger could make it to the main game, one way or the other. Maybe not as a random spawn (since you cannot chose whenever you want to activate it, or not), but Orbs were great. Beachhead was terrible, tho.

I'd also like Harbingers come back. Maybe as a decently cheap Zana Mod (adding 2 Harbingers). Like 4c each or something like that. I also liked Beachhead.
Last edited by Areophany on Feb 7, 2018, 4:48:38 AM
I think I am one of the few who does not complain about new items.
Meta builds (or rich people) will be able to do endgame anyway, even without new belts jewels. For them nothing will change.
But for less optimized, this will be a chance to try the highlevel content.

Of course if GGG wont multiply boss HP in maps by ten times again
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
Last edited by Nishrek on Feb 7, 2018, 4:45:05 AM
I really hope you'll add some logic to it and Abysses won't spawn on any roof. :P
"
Nishrek wrote:
I think I am one of the few who doesout not complain about new items.
Meta builds (or rich people) will be able to do endgame anyway, even without new belts jewels. For them nothing will change.
But for less optimized, this will be a chance to try the highlevel content.

Of course if GGG wont multiply boss HP in maps by ten times again

New Items are indeed nice. If they open up options like Stygian Vises and Abyssal Jewels.

Tombfists don't really help anyone though. They are mandatory for the vast majority of Attack Builds for the sheer power they offer. Now if everyone has them the overall power of all attack builds increases -> leading to eventual buffs to enemies. You are then at the same place as before but locked into a very specific item for your glove slot.
I feel like this is a terrible decision.

Abyss adds many best-in-slot options, which reduces the amount of gearing choices there are to make, which in turn makes the game a lot less interesting.

Hopefully the Ascendancy changes really shake things up because the game is starting to get pretty homogenized.
Abyss was a trash league, please keep it out of the game. I hated every second I did an abyss and every time I went into the abyss that didn't contain a lich.
"
consfearacy wrote:
I feel like this is a terrible decision.

Abyss adds many best-in-slot options, which reduces the amount of gearing choices there are to make, which in turn makes the game a lot less interesting.

Hopefully the Ascendancy changes really shake things up because the game is starting to get pretty homogenized.

In order:

Yes partially

Only Stygian Vises and Tombfists are BIS. Don't really see the issues with Vises since they are just more interesting than regular belts, so no issues there (actually increase Variety). Tombfists however are a problem as previously mentioned.

Yes I hope we get some new ones
"
Areophany wrote:
"
Alysma wrote:
I honestly think that Harbinger could make it to the main game, one way or the other. Maybe not as a random spawn (since you cannot chose whenever you want to activate it, or not), but Orbs were great. Beachhead was terrible, tho.

I'd also like Harbingers come back. Maybe as a decently cheap Zana Mod (adding 2 Harbingers). Like 4c each or something like that. I also liked Beachhead.

Um, I didn't say that, maybe you want to correct who you quoted? :-D
Last edited by Alysma on Feb 7, 2018, 4:46:48 AM
"
Areophany wrote:
Now if everyone has them the overall power of all attack builds increases -> leading to eventual buffs to enemies. You are then at the same place as before but locked into a very specific item for your glove slot.

Of course in that case it is a moronic move. If they want to buff enemies because "overall powercreep", it would be better if noew content wasn't integrated at all.
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
"
Alysma wrote:

Um, I didn't say that, maybe you want to correct who you quoted? :-D

Corrected! Indeed you were right. Sorry for the mistake (deleted wrong quote brackets while posting)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info