3.2 - Hungry Loop Decay Death Aura build - Great Uber Lab runner - T16 Maps/Guardians

1) What about Aspect of Spider? You can use it, if you take Sovereignty passive, for example. Is it good (movement speed reduction etc)?
2) How do you deal with physical damage? I have only 26% phys reduction and I feel VERY squishy. Especially against that guys: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Porcupine_Goliath If you run to the pack of that monsters - you're dead.
Last edited by Voidstranger on Apr 15, 2018, 4:35:19 PM
Greetings exiles. I have a few noob questions for anyone who has successfully run this build or more specifically for OP.. but realistically anyone who can help me :) All help is greatly appreciated it. This is my firt time trying to run a build that is remotely similar to this. So I'm pretty clueless atm.. trying to get the hang of it and understand why it works and what makes it better.

So I'm really looking for a confirmation that I am running my skill tree, gem setup, item setup properly. Looking for a confirmation on that. My toon is available for viewing here under the name Skelewinz.

I am having issues getting a 5 off color for the chest piece so I'm running 4 :/ are there any red gems that can improve my dps until I scrap up the extra currency to buy a 5 off-color? How much clearspeed am I losing just running 4 gems in my chest?

Have any suggestions for gear/gem/tree changes?

I'm working on leveling up. Over time I will improve the quality of my gems. For now I'm running mostly low quality level 20's and 21's.

How do we work a movement ability into this? We HAVE to weapon swap don't we? I'm just currently running a couple movement speed modifier flasks, but clearspeed can be a lot smoother + fortify can help survivability if we use a movement ability

So far I'm having no issues up to T7 yellow maps. Haven't tried much higher.

Once again I appreciate any help given to me as this build is totally unlike anything I've ever tried to run with.

I will report back to read or reply pretty often. For now... time to grind xp/currency

GL & HF to all :)

Last edited by Gold3h on Apr 15, 2018, 6:31:52 PM
Love the build so far, im very close to getting it perfected. Only thing i dont understand, ive read and read and i dont see anywhere you touched on the subject, so if you have i am sorry for asking again, but with spreading rot, are you not worried about the 40 int in radius? or am i missing something? Your tree doesnt have 40 int in either spreading rot radius. I assume your just going for the extra chaos damage?
"
breeder_15 wrote:
with spreading rot, are you not worried about the 40 int in radius? or am i missing something? Your tree doesnt have 40 int in either spreading rot radius. I assume your just going for the extra chaos damage?

On my phone so I can't check the tree, but are you aware that with jewels like Spreading Rot, you don't have to spend points on the Int nodes, they just have to be inside the circle?

Some jewels may say that the points have to be allocated, but this isn't one of them.
You are right. You don't need to pick int nodes for spreading rot. Unpicked nodes counts too.

So guys, I want to pick sovereignty and run Aspect of the spider too. Is it worth it? I "costs" 7 passive points and I plan to drop some chaos damage points near Shadow area (-8% damage). But Aspect of the spider gives you +15% damage + autohinder.
Also what about swapping Efficacy in Hungry loop for Blind support. You'll loose DPS, but Blind may be much better for bosses, isn't it?
I can't test it right now, because I play this character in standard.
"
Voidstranger wrote:
You are right. You don't need to pick int nodes for spreading rot. Unpicked nodes counts too.

So guys, I want to pick sovereignty and run Aspect of the spider too. Is it worth it? I "costs" 7 passive points and I plan to drop some chaos damage points near Shadow area (-8% damage). But Aspect of the spider gives you +15% damage + autohinder.
Also what about swapping Efficacy in Hungry loop for Blind support. You'll loose DPS, but Blind may be much better for bosses, isn't it?
I can't test it right now, because I play this character in standard.

Blind gem gives you 10% chance to cause blind. Since you're not stacking blade vortex blades, it's unlikely you'll have a consistent blind going on. I wouldn't drop a damage support there.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
What about Cyclone instead of Blade vortex? Cyclone has less radius, but:
- you don't need to recast it every 5 seconds
- cyclone is attack, so you can scale blind chance to 30% easily (abyss jewels with +% to blind with attacks) or even maim enemies.
"
Voidstranger wrote:
What about Cyclone instead of Blade vortex? Cyclone has less radius, but:
- you don't need to recast it every 5 seconds
- cyclone is attack, so you can scale blind chance to 30% easily (abyss jewels with +% to blind with attacks) or even maim enemies.

You'd have crap attack speed and move speed to cyclone around and less Area than what blade vortex covers. And using abyss jewels is wasting a lot of damage just for a still low chance of blinding.

At that point you might as well just dodge boss attacks manually.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Does physical damage on "Breath of the Council" matter, or just the chaos damage?
I have no clue what I'm doing wrong but I'm dying extremely fast in T1 maps.

I have around 3K life and basically all items as suggested but for bosses I'm mostly instant killed.

I have resis capped except chaos (58%).

Am I missing something in my bild/play style which reduces the damage I take drastically.

Thanks already for any hints/advices.

Best,
Brain

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info