[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

Could you update the PoB, so the leveling trees are updated?
Why under amulets do you write:
"
A very big bonus of this amulet is that you can use it as early as level 5 (!!!).

But all of the amulets listed there are required level 64?
Last edited by TheOne320 on Oct 2, 2020, 12:32:49 PM
I'm trying to activate level 1 precision and hatred at the same time and I definitely have enough mana but activating one always unactivates the other

Anyone know why?
"
Ollypayy wrote:
I'm trying to activate level 1 precision and hatred at the same time and I definitely have enough mana but activating one always unactivates the other

Anyone know why?

Supreme Ego only allows 1 aura, so you need to give up precision.
"
Xce1e wrote:
"
Ollypayy wrote:

Anyone know why?

In addition to this, he could also use either Hyrri's Truth or Replica Hyrri's Truth, as this would allow both.
Hi, I've been trying this build out and it's quite fun. Got a peak of 3,2 million burst dps with berserk on, and an average dps of 1,4 million (not counting projectiles) for now.

I've made some adaptations to the build, mainly to generate power charges and try to squeeze more buffs out of the links.

I've linked Storm Brand with PCoC for bosses, it brings me to max power charges very quickly as it has around 51% effective crit chance according to PoB. It also reduces the need for Assassin's Mark for power charge generation.

Here is my gear (playing a private league with only a couple of friends, so essentially SSF) :

I like using the new Heist shield, as a cheap alternative to an influenced shield, as it allows me to slot in Enlighten along with Hatred + Herald of Ice to get a very good reduction of mana reservation. Once again, I'm SSF so getting an Enlighten 3 is very long, but I'm levelling two at the same time, and hopefully I can manage to get a lvl 4 corrupted Enlighten to push it to level 6 with the shield, which definitely will save a LOT of mana and allow me to either slot HoP somewhere or try out Supreme Ego. It also adds a neat defensive layer with Physical Aegis, which absorbs 1000 points of physical damage, refreshes after 10 seconds without taking physical damage, blinds enemies while aegis is up, and gives me a quite decent bonus of attack speed and crit chance when the aegis is down. Also, it gives up to 50% chance to avoid bleeding, which makes corrupted blood a bit less scary. I'm trying to corrupt Fight for Survival jewels to get the corrupted blood implicit, but I have been unlucky thus far. All in all, a rare influenced shield might be better (more defensive stats) but I think this alternative is way more affordable and easy to find compared to an endgame influenced shield with % reduced mana reserved and good stats.

Apart from that, I currently have a 3R2G1B 6L torso because it's the first rare 6L I found, and it's quite problematic to get 4R2G on this base, so I'm trying to farm Betrayal safehouse to get Vorici and hopefully get the two first colors as white. I'm not a big fan of Rage in itself, as I don't like too much how long it takes to ramp up to 50 rage, but Berserk is a massive bonus in tankiness, damage and speed, so I can't pass on that. If I manage to get a white socket, I'll probably replace Increased Critical Damage with Nightblade support, for a massive bonus to critical strike chance, multiplier (slightly less than ICD but the crit chance bonus compensates for that), and an additional defensive layer with Elusive.

I'm also quite proud of my weapon, I crafted it myself! Nothing mirror-worthy, it's a shame it rolled lightning damage instead of cold, but it's still probably my best craft in a while! :D

I also chose to drop Ancestral Call entirely and instead go pick up Tribal Fury in the tree. It's a sizeable point investment (10 points!) but the nodes leading up to it give a decent amount of melee damage (plus a lot of strength) so it's not entirely wasted. Whenever possible, I'll anoint it on my amulet, but as it requires a Golden oil it will take me a while to do that. I chose to anoint Primeval Force in the meantime, as it's a very decent (9%) dps boost. Besides, I haven't been able to find a medium cluster jewel with the proper implicit yet, so that saves me quite a few points.

Finally, I got very lucky and dropped a Ryslatha's Coil. The DPS boost it gave me is actually quite lower than I expected (only around 15%), but I suppose it's because the individual damage of each attack is quite low, so it can't scale as hard as with slow but very big hits. Still, quite a good boost, I don't think any other belt even comes close to that level of dps increase (except maybe a godtier Stygian Vise with a godtier abyss jewel, but that would be VERY expensive).

Overall, the build feels quite strong, clear is very good, single target DPS is a bit lacking sometimes, but I have good survivability with insane amounts of dodge + block, and Wind Dancer + Berserk helps a LOT with random oneshots. I think Kintsugi would also be a great defensive option for a chest, as it adds another 20% less damage taken if you have not been hit recently. It's basically a second Wind Dancer.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my idea on a few changes to the build. Tell me what you think :)

If you have any suggestions as to how I could make this better, or how to upgrade my items, I'd be glad to hear them!

Link to pob : https://pastebin.com/3uARujhH

Edit : Switched a couple of gems around to put Culling Strike on Storm Brand to make it more easy to cull bosses, as totems can be unreliable.

Last edited by Chnams on Oct 4, 2020, 7:31:14 AM
"
TheOne320 wrote:
"
Xce1e wrote:
"
Ollypayy wrote:

Anyone know why?

In addition to this, he could also use either Hyrri's Truth or Replica Hyrri's Truth, as this would allow both.

I don't understand why this would allow both auras under supreme ego, could you explain this?
"
TheOne320 wrote:
"
Xce1e wrote:
"
Ollypayy wrote:

I don't understand why this would allow both auras under supreme ego, could you explain this?

Ah ignore my remark. I am using Herald of Ice and Hatred with the Replica Hyrri's Truth. I did not know that Herald's are not Auras until now. Precision and Hatred cannot be used together with Supreme Ego. That is why Fiver wrote to only get Precision after getting the 15% mana reduced shield.
Guys why are we keeping ice golem on low lvl? why won't we just have it max and manually cast it? Is it because cast on damage taken works from golem damage taken as well?
"
Ourore wrote:
Guys why are we keeping ice golem on low lvl? why won't we just have it max and manually cast it? Is it because cast on damage taken works from golem damage taken as well?

It's usually for convenience, with CWDT it will be more or less constantly up, whereas if you cast it manually you may forget about casting it for a while. Plus the cast time is a bit annoying. Personally, I put it to lvl 20 with 20% quality for some additional hp so it lives longer, but I still forget to summon it from time to time.
Would you guys say a Farruls Fur is worth investing into, even as a 5L and possibly a 6L after? Also, how much would a damage boost will Ryslatha's Coil provide? Thinking of investing into one, but one cost's like 5 Ex at the cheapest.
Last edited by SlashingSunsetX on Oct 10, 2020, 1:17:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info