[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

I reached A4 Atlas level now. Check my gear out.

You have to dodge boss mechanics, there is no other workaround.

Yea low single target dps, means high tier Blight maps, Jun encounters are hard.

I just go behind the boss with whirling baldes every two seconds and this helps, since boss has to turn around animate to hit you.

I want to replace my chest with Farrul's fur. 9ex 6-linked, sad.

Also the weapon is the last item to replace. Rare weapon craft may be 10-15ex.

I will reach 1 million dps ubuffed. This is low.

Once you start to go cluster jewles and ryslatha coil, can reach 2 to 3 million dps, perhaps, ubuffed.

It can be 5-7 million with berserk and vaal skills on.
Last edited by Akshay on Sep 27, 2020, 1:08:02 AM
Hey I'm currently trying the build out and still struggling a bit with dmg and survival. Your pobs just assume the enemy is blinded and thus you get to 95% evasion cap, is there something hidden I missed where you get blind, or do I misunderstand something there?

Thanks!
"
Ken34 wrote:
i went the assassin route myself, but i have one question, after looking around various frost blade builds, why does no one use added cold damage gem? i see either rage or melee phys instead of added cold damage. but when i plug added cold damage in POB over either of those, its a DPS increase, am i missing something?

Noticed the same thing myself. Plugging in an equivalent (20/20) ice bite/added cold puts out more DPS when replacing some red gems - not the PoB of my char obviously, but the cheap/starter guides provided by guide makers.

However, as I've only been looking at cheap/starter ones for now I'm not reading too much into it - might be down to updating confguration values - it's using Rage after all, not really sure how PoB deals with that, is it automatic or you have to configure it. If you need to mess with configuring it, jus replacing rage support from frost blades for instance but still having stuff enabled - like berserk and/or some other config variables might give you invalid numbers.

The other thing is that the guide gems might be better at the end-goal gear levels, so they're left there in the cheap guides just for convenience, otherwise you have to level the right gems in your swap weapon slots and note the difference in the guide etc, while the loss on lower gear levels might just not be worth the hassle. Who knows.
Ok I know this is probably a stupid question but how do you get aspect of the cat with your build?
Hi, I'm playing with your build. And I faced this question, lethal pride (Kiloava) is not in the game, what should I do ???
To address the squishy concerns, I've been doing okay with this so far - Werdna_Raider -- lvl 95 on POE Ninja softcore. Just did a deathless A6 Sirus, but still have trouble with certain bosses (Eradicator, I Think... the lightning one).

I went with a way to get Endurance charges initially (fast 2nd wind warcry) before I saw the replica Farrul's Fur - wow, perfect. So I went that way and put (alternative) power charge on crit on my whirling blades. That keeps my full of charges pretty much all the time - the alt quality makes it more likely to get the charges. I went with the phasing ascendancy so I'm always phasing, always max charges, onslaught 50% of the time. Charges are 9F/4E/3P. I got a synthesized gloves with +1 frenzy.

I opted out of rage and berserk because I don't like the pressure of go, go, go. Instead I put in a 21/23 NIghtblade support (super cheap - was 14c for me) -- you get Elusive, 100% crit multi, and added crit chance. It's a nice bump with another defensive layer.

I also went with Flesh and Stone to blind nearby enemies and take less dmg from far away.

So Heist is a joke - I'm crazy fast, phase, and can take a hit. Normal mapping isn't risky. Bosses require dodging and can take a little longer than the berserk version, I'm sure, but damage output is pretty stable. I highly recommend my take on it for those thinking about any of those changes.

Werdna
"
Werdna76 wrote:
To address the squishy concerns, I've been doing okay with this so far - Werdna_Raider -- lvl 95 on POE Ninja softcore. Just did a deathless A6 Sirus, but still have trouble with certain bosses (Eradicator, I Think... the lightning one).

I went with a way to get Endurance charges initially (fast 2nd wind warcry) before I saw the replica Farrul's Fur - wow, perfect. So I went that way and put (alternative) power charge on crit on my whirling blades. That keeps my full of charges pretty much all the time - the alt quality makes it more likely to get the charges. I went with the phasing ascendancy so I'm always phasing, always max charges, onslaught 50% of the time. Charges are 9F/4E/3P. I got a synthesized gloves with +1 frenzy.

I opted out of rage and berserk because I don't like the pressure of go, go, go. Instead I put in a 21/23 NIghtblade support (super cheap - was 14c for me) -- you get Elusive, 100% crit multi, and added crit chance. It's a nice bump with another defensive layer.

I also went with Flesh and Stone to blind nearby enemies and take less dmg from far away.

So Heist is a joke - I'm crazy fast, phase, and can take a hit. Normal mapping isn't risky. Bosses require dodging and can take a little longer than the berserk version, I'm sure, but damage output is pretty stable. I highly recommend my take on it for those thinking about any of those changes.

Werdna

I like your setup, am going to copy that.
Replica farrul's is very expensive, how did you 6-link that one?
Spoiler
"
Werdna76 wrote:

Werdna

like....how unrealistic is your setup. i cant even imagine how you managed to achieve that setup in this amount of time. endgame items here, max awakened there, 21/23s all over the place...

anyway, i am kind of in between the setups. my gems arent even q20 yet. while i really like the speed, i dislike the "vaal here button, buff there button-style".
so probably i am going to copy some of your stuff. also, i dont know if supreme ego is to go-to thing here. not sure if it works with mana reservation due to replika amulet, but i think i will use Hatred, HoI, Precision and FaS as my auras. Seems more balanced than going full out on Hatred and SE.
not sure tho which body armour i am going to use, since that amount of currency seems too far far away for now.
On my setup: yeah, it's expensive. Maybe something to shoot for and then surpass.

I've been playing a lot early, and I got some lucky currency early (3-4 lucky ex drops in first few days) and snagged a replica Farruls unlinked when they were 3.5ex or so. I think Sirgog called them out and I took a look early on before they spiked. I gambled on fusings to link it and got lucky.

The biggest other purchase was the A5 hextouch to double curse... that's not necessary, but it was my best upgrade at the time, I think. I was using cobra lash and GMPS with a single curse, but switched to ethereal knives when I went 2x curse and the cast speed from frenzies makes it okay. It's mostly just for bosses for maybe in 83 heist.

I found the synthesized gloves on trade for 1-2ex... but with good other stats so no crafting needed. Worth looking for with all the synth items from heist getting vomited out.

The claw required some upgrades and being diligent about checking trade site. Lots of good claws are posted un-qualitied and with potential crafting upgrades -- mainly ones from the reward rooms that people don't want to use, but that have nice rolls. They have weaker stats in search, but you can get them to 30% quality (einhar) and craft bench them into something much nicer quite often. I am still looking for a much better claw, but claws always seem to be in short supply.

Good luck to everyone!
Werdna

this is my set up, although im playing assasin, a lot of concepts remain the same. i agree with him, replica farrul's fur is so good, it was a huge spike in damage and the endurance charges are a bonus, allowed me to take endurance charge on stun jewel out from leap slam as that was an inconsistent route. if you were playing from start of league, buying a unlinked replica farruls fur was only like 2-3 ex. i chose to buy a foil first, which i regret later as replica farrul's fur spiked to like 7-9 ex for unlinked. i ended up paying 6.5 ex for mine and got it 6 linked within 500-600 fusings.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info