[3.15] Fivers Frost Blades Raider (Outdated)

"
bibanul wrote:
Hi,

Is this claw worth multimoding, with only T3 for crit chance?

Yes I would multimod it. The crit chance could be better of course, but it's still gonna be a very good claw. Craft the attack speed + quality on it instead.

Don't panic.
Starting my stream in about 5 minutes. You guys are welcome to join me if you need help with anything or just want to hang out! :)

http://www.twitch.tv/holyfivr

(Sorry I haven't been able to answer any questions today, haven't had time. I'll get to it when I can.)

Don't panic.
How are you dealing with curses? According to PoB, you have ~75% res and no curse removal/immunity flask.

Are you simply swapping flask when running curse maps?
Hi i use Nightblade support and remove Hypothermia. I think stronger! try it!
Hi Fiver,

First, thank you for the forum guide and the videos you make.
I am new to the game, (third league), and this is the toon I enjoyed the most so far.

Now I would like your precious advice about crafting.

I have been gambling with fossils and I come to this body armor :

The question is, what is next step ?
Can I multimod it ?
I admit, I am still quite lost with craft in poe.

Thanks for your help, have fun.
"
helle_ wrote:

The question is, what is next step ?
Can I multimod it ?
I admit, I am still quite lost with craft in poe.

Thanks for your help, have fun.

a) great armour. grats.
b) The armour lacks flat life. crafting flat life onto it is possible. the best craftable flat life affix is substantially worse than non-crafted t1 life. You could now
- decide to not craft life onto it but ex-slam instead, meaning, you could use an exalted orb on this armour, adding a random prefix onto it. you might hit life, you might hit something else. if you hit life, you might hit a low tier roll and end up with a worse armour then you would end up without slamming it. depending on the roll, that might be salvaged by crafting a dual life / evasion mod onto it. this method has the highest potential upside, but also the lowest potential downside. choose this if you dont really give a lot about your objectively nice armour and if you can afford to fuck it up. You could also

- decide to use the syndicate to try and add two veiled mods. very time consuming as this usually only yields one mod instead of two. I dont even know if it can yield worthwhile mods. check that out before ^^. on the other hand, those mods would be easily removable. Most people would probably

- decide to craft flat life onto it and then possibly ex slam. this way, you can't brick your flat life roll.

- multicrafting is not an option, as the mod that allows an item to have multiple crafted affixes is itsels a suffix. With your armour, all suffixes are already in use (maim / crit / -mana cost). So you can only craft prefixes which forbids multimods. Of course, you could use an orb of anullment in the hopes of hitting a bad suffix. the crux is: there aren't any bad suffixes. some people will consider -mana cost a suboptimal affix, but I dont agree at all. Should you decide and annul, I will disown you and have my long dead grandma hex you. Don't even think about it.

c) you could have crafted a suffix onto it that increases the quality of this item before advancing to serrated / pristine it. that way, the quality would have increased your chances of sixlinking it with fewer attempts.

d) I made myself something to help make myself tougher:https://imgur.com/toREOkP
(\__/) This is Bunny. Copy and
(='.'=) paste Bunny to help him
(")_(") gain world Domination.
Last edited by Ersatzdrummel on Nov 11, 2019, 6:18:26 AM
Thanks Ersatzdrummel.

So crafting life then ex the armor seems to be the safest path.
I think I will go that way, thanks again for your answer.
"
dsimek11 wrote:
I returned to this build after a couple of weeks and it still feels great. I have a question, though.

I died a lot on the guardians and couldn't finish the shaper(shaper was my fault, played like a noobest noob) so I switched to more life leech and dmg sustain. I played with bloodseeker again, removed rage/berserker and put melee phys dmg and it felt soooo much smoother. I equipped my better claw again and now I'm satisfied with all around QoL.

My question is, will this setup be viable for the end game and do you have some suggestions if I decide not to play with the rage/berserk mechanic?

I plan on buying one of the 6ex claws pretty soon.

EDIT: got a new claw and I'm currently using ice bite instead of rage, think I'm gonna stick with it, guardians and shaper down deathless quite easy.

Sorry for taking so long with reply, I have been neglecting the forum thread since I've been so busy with a lot of other stuff. I'm glad you managed to fix your problems.
And yes, ice bite will be viable for end game instead of rage/berserk, but you will miss out on a rather significant burst that can be really powerful vs bosses. I'm sure you're already aware of this though. :)

Don't panic.
"
Raythor31 wrote:
How are you dealing with curses? According to PoB, you have ~75% res and no curse removal/immunity flask.

Are you simply swapping flask when running curse maps?

I have never really bothered with curses. Most of them don't really affect the build very much. If you want to, you can replace one of your unique flasks for a sulphur flask with curse removal. I advice against it though, because you would lose a lot of damage.

Don't panic.
"
Akryez wrote:
Hi i use Nightblade support and remove Hypothermia. I think stronger! try it!

At the start of the league, I actually had Nightblade as the alternative instead of Hypothermia, so I've already tried it. :)

I think Hypothermia feels better. The uptime on the full effect from elusive is very short. But if it's working good for you, then keep using it! :)

Don't panic.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info