[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

Hey bud, looking at your videos and your attack speed seems alot faster then mine, wondered what you have that's increasing it?

Many thanks
"
theworldowner wrote:
Thank you so much. I will check that, this is the reason I think I'm so weak sometimes.

My rings are the below

Are them ok?

I checked your character directly, my advice about gear includes jewellery. I even mentioned to replace your right ring (Hate Turn)

"
Hey bud, looking at your videos and your attack speed seems alot faster then mine, wondered what you have that's increasing it?

Many thanks

It's less about what i have, but what you don't. You're missing 2nd frenzy ascendancy node that gives you shitton of attack speed (31% iirc). I get 40% from Onslaught path. So even tho your bow has more base attack speed, i still have more AS to scale my 1.4 bow. Pick up 2nd phasing node before taking the frenzy one, leave it for the uber lab.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
Sorry for spamming your thread but I want to learn :)

I've crafted this, should I replace it asap or focus on other gear first.

My CA speed feels sooo slow compared to leveling (with the Toxic Rain Twink speedrun gear and setup though).

What should I do to increase the speed of casting CA? (Or i shouldn't at all).
Well, you have the worst bow base so no wonder it feels slow, especially since you levelled with TR+Quill Rain combo. You can't craft attack speed on it on top of it so... kind of sucks. Considering it's an expensive piece of gear (despite worst base) i would focus on other gear and quickly levelling up. Uber lab should help you with the speed if you don't have it yet.

Switching GMP (clearing) <-> Swift Affliction (bosses) will definitely increase with overall clearspeed of the map. You only need to shoot once to delete whole screen.

I also recommend buying lvl 20 CA gem for your main attack. It's only 1 chaos for 50% more damage in your case.
Yeah I feel stupid for buying the base because it was about 70C cheaper than Thicket...

I bought Thicket should I sell it and get Makareth? I kind of am used to high attack/cast speed, the other build I play is Freezing Pulse Assassin which casts 5.5 FP per second :p.

Thanks for tips.
I mean, attack speed is good but it's not really required to make CA work. More AS = faster degen spreading = slightly more clear speed. You can make any base decent with Tora's AS craft (Leo's DoT isn't really necessary anymore). I consider anything above 1.4 AS a good base. If it's Maraketh or Thicket, doesn't matter too much. It's more of min-max thing.
I risked it, and I got this baby boy in a few resonators, while Harbinger took me like 15 to craft...

I also got my hands on this for 70C, i hope thats not too much (im in Delve standard).

It looked good to me because of free crafting slots and a nice suffix I guess...

Have to sell the Harbinger, idk if you play standard Delve (I guess not since this is HC guide) but I hope it will be able to sell for a few ex...
Last edited by black_dota on Sep 25, 2018, 5:33:10 AM
how many exa you spend for craft elder bow(7 link in your profile)? and how(essense or alt/regal)?
"
black_dota wrote:
Spoiler
I risked it, and I got this baby boy in a few resonators, while Harbinger took me like 15 to craft...

I also got my hands on this for 70C, i hope thats not too much (im in Delve standard).

It looked good to me because of free crafting slots and a nice suffix I guess...

Have to sell the Harbinger, idk if you play standard Delve (I guess not since this is HC guide) but I hope it will be able to sell for a few ex...

Bow is REALLY good and quiver is just OK. It's mostly the base that matters, hitting +1 arrow is a matter or ~100 alts maybe. Didn't craft too much this league so i don't know. I also don't follow SC market closely (since i'm HC obviously) so i can't really tell much about it.

"
Ebengrad wrote:
how many exa you spend for craft elder bow(7 link in your profile)? and how(essense or alt/regal)?

1,7k alts and around 100 regals. I've tried to hit 7-link or +1 arrow. I still consider myself super lucky.

Essence method is probably faster, at least should save you hours rerolling the bow with alterations. You should get the good combo quicker but not necessarily useable. You will end up having to gamble with annulment orbs at some point i bet.

Alts method is a marathon that once you hit what you want, you've got it for good. It's more reliable method and the most common one currently.

Fossils might be worth using with Corroded + Prismatic combo, but that's not something i would recommend tbh.
I am a little confused...

Which bow base is the recommended one? Maraketh or Thicket? I see the former in the guide and the latter being crafted by people in this thread.

Or is this simply a matter of trade availability, with Thicket being a more common one?
Last edited by ZenEnott on Sep 25, 2018, 4:26:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info