[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

May I ask you what's you current /played time?
ING: UnstructuredNoise, StructuredNoise, ThreeSixFive
"
fluffyhamster wrote:
Spoiler
Ya I figured as much so I never attempted to make with leech

I did, however, make better rings and neckless then I did have tho.

few things I added to build to push out more dmg.

Sadly I've not had any dice on uber labs for helm enchantment but working to get it.

Currently sitting at 200k dot dmg per sec unbuffed and 240k buffed

Due to the small lack of speed since i went for immune while using flask i added

Got little bit of speed on Quiver

I do however suggest for mapping with faster enemy clearing switching out VM support with Mirage Archer so it will help you auto clear faster

You do take a dmg hit by doing that but so far you can't beat the extra help MA gives with his auto attacks for spreading CA.

Pushing damage to the limit is fine, but i don't think it's necessary. Bosses take ~10 seconds for me usually, it's not a long time. Everything else dies instantly except some abyss/delve rares.

Mirage Archer isn't that great on Raider. The AoE is not big enough to cover whole pack most of the time (PF gets 50% increased AoE), plus it screws up flask management and few other minor cons i've mentioned before in this thread. It's a neutral change at best. I use it personally but not for clear, but to potentially survive a random disconnect. GMP is better for clearing than MA in general.

"
pundit_ninja wrote:
Is it advisable to just do a map boss once for atlas completion and for the rest of the time just farm the map several times as MF CA. For instance, I will kill Burial Chambers boss once, but when I want to farm BC, I'll just kill all the mobs without entering arena, rinse and repeat.

As the build warned, single target is pretty mediocre. Bosses don't die fast enough, because unlike TR, CA DOT doesn't stack.

For MF farming sure, but in higher tier maps you should kill bosses for a chance of getting a map drop. It takes ~10 seconds to finally kill the boss. Not a terrible time if you ask me.

"
Thank a lot for this guide, it's probably the most fun build I've ever played in a hack&slash!

I'm glad you enjoy it!

"
Impala_67 wrote:
May I ask you what's you current /played time?

Currently it's 4 days. I've been AFK a lot, especially last 4 days. I also did master rotations and stuff. If you're trying to judge my xp per hour, then i get ~30kk xp/h when spamming T14-16 maps at level 95 and do it somewhat efficiently. I could easily get more if i focused on xp efficiency.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3053600 - My Guides
lvl 21 CA with 21MA worked perfect yes I could go with a GMP but the auto of MA is just to good not to have. Can save your ass if you don't watch mods all the time.

I did, however, manage to push that build to 350-420k dot per sec.

It mainly boils down to a person's playstyle really because we are not all the same in terms of how we like and do stuff.

GMP is a great bonus it has pro's and con's due to lack of 25% dmg at lvl21

GMP

Pro
Spreading Aids in a bigger area

Con
Always have to spread aid's yourself
No autosaving your ass from random mobs if they get a good hit on you.
25% less dmg overall

I personally suggest getting a lvl21MA and lvl21 GMP 20%

They are both great options and both can benefit the build/ a persons playstyle.

Last edited by fluffyhamster on Sep 21, 2018, 12:52:21 AM
My first Ranger build and i really enjoy it.
What i don't really get is, how you guys reach such a high dmg output.

Currently able to go through T9 Maps, but bosses are pretty hard now and then.

Could you check my Char and give me some advise?

I'm right now sitting on only 61k chaos dmg, seems pretty low for me.

The thing is i'm sure i actually miss something out, or didn't get something important while reading the Guide

I would really appreciate any tips.

Thanks in advance!
"
tjune wrote:

The thing is i'm sure i actually miss something out, or didn't get something important while reading the Guide

Thanks in advance!

I looked at your gear and seems you don't have chaos dmg on neckless,rings or belt.

without that, you're missing out on around 120% chaos dmg.

plus if you used the chaos dmg armor that's another 80% possibly if you got a good roll one.

so 200% more chaos dmg you mainly missing out on.

you also need a 6link bow if you really want to push more dps also.

Last edited by fluffyhamster on Sep 21, 2018, 6:03:10 AM
"

I looked at your gear and seems you don't have chaos dmg on neckless,rings or belt.

without that, you're missing out on around 120% chaos dmg.

plus if you used the chaos dmg armor that's another 80% possibly if you got a good roll one.

so 200% more chaos dmg you mainly missing out on.

you also need a 6link bow if you really want to push more dps also.

Thanks a lot for ur fast and constructive reply.

I'm gonna give it a try!

Have a nice day mate
"
tjune wrote:
Spoiler

Thanks in advance!

6-link bow is your current priority, just like progression section says. Personally i've farmed red tier maps with ~60k dps on 5-link +2 bow this league without any issues. I've switched to 6-link around level 93 (when i've finally crafted 7-link +2 bow). Sure, bosses took a bit of time to kill but it's really not that bad.

Also upgrade rare gear when you can. Your boots don't even have any movement speed on them. Outside of really good quiver and helmet, most of it could use an upgrade.

"
fluffyhamster wrote:
Spoiler
lvl 21 CA with 21MA worked perfect yes I could go with a GMP but the auto of MA is just to good not to have. Can save your ass if you don't watch mods all the time.

I did, however, manage to push that build to 350-420k dot per sec.

It mainly boils down to a person's playstyle really because we are not all the same in terms of how we like and do stuff.

GMP is a great bonus it has pro's and con's due to lack of 25% dmg at lvl21

GMP

Pro
Spreading Aids in a bigger area

Con
Always have to spread aid's yourself
25% less dmg overall

I personally suggest getting a lvl21MA and lvl21 GMP 20%

They are both great options and both can benefit the build/ a persons playstyle.

You don't seem to understand that your build is purely offensive while this build is focused on defense. Your experience with totally different compared to mine. When you have more damage and AoE from Pathfinder, i get more speed and overall defence from Raider. I mean, take a look at 2nd con you listed:

"

This doesn't happen in my case. I get hit, i pop life flasks to heal to full and it takes long time before i get hit again. ~97,5% chance to avoid attacks does that.

About Mirage Archer again. It's good for certain tasks like fossil farming or carrying other players through acts. Overall whenever you don't care about monsters and just want to refill your flask charges along the way. Like i've mentioned it before, i use it in case i disconnect to potentially avoid permanent death.

Moving on to GMP, i've recorded video showcasing MA and GMP performance on this build. I've done the test on Pier because it's a good map for both supports. I took out Void Manipulation so damage is realistic for that map tier. If you ask me, GMP just feels better and it's going to be even more effective over MA if the person doesn't have +1 arrow quiver yet.

Speaking of equipment, that's another point that completely flies over your head. People who ask for help here often struggle to get a decent rare gear. Giving advice to spend potentially hundreds of chaos to get fine rare with chaos damage is... a horrible recommendation to be fair. This is a guide that's gonna be used by many new players, not a 30 exalt build showcase.

I designed the build and the guide to be good for anyone. Small steps for newbies, end game viable for experienced players, and above all - tanky as hell.

This is my last reply on this matter. If you disagree with my build choices, nothing stops you to make your own.
I don't have any issues with you build choice and I respect that you wish to keep it as low of a cost as possible.

I'm mainly just giving him advice on how to push his dmg higher as he wanted advice on how to better gear his toon. Yes, he does it small upgrades here and there. They will come in time the more he plays.

You can still keep the build decently tank also with around 80% evade

Yes doing this way will require you to spend a good 5ex on armor and a good 3-5ex on jewelry and also, around 1-3 ex's on a good chaos dmg belt since the market really lacks any good ones.

I don't, however, suggest he does any of this unless he is willing to do spend a good 20ex refining the gear.

I also, do understand how the build works please don't think that I don't otherwise I would have not been able to keep myself tanky enough with still pushing dmg.

You build was to keep its budget as possible and I get that and you also wanted to keep the build tanky so higher tier maps are not a pain. because dying to random stuff in 1shot fashion is meh.

"
fluffyhamster wrote:
Spoiler
I don't have any issues with you build choice and I respect that you wish to keep it as low of a cost as possible.

I'm mainly just giving him advice on how to push his dmg higher as he wanted advice on how to better gear his toon. Yes, he does it small upgrades here and there. They will come in time the more he plays.

You can still keep the build decently tank also with around 80% evade

Yes doing this way will require you to spend a good 5ex on armor and a good 3-5ex on jewelry and also, around 1-3 ex's on a good chaos dmg belt since the market really lacks any good ones.

I don't, however, suggest he does any of this unless he is willing to do spend a good 20ex refining the gear.

I also, do understand how the build works please don't think that I don't otherwise I would have not been able to keep myself tanky enough with still pushing dmg.

You build was to keep its budget as possible and I get that and you also wanted to keep the build tanky so higher tier maps are not a pain. because dying to random stuff in 1shot fashion is meh.

Thank you. I might've given my last post angry vibe, where i'm not really mad (but i do get irrated when i feel my words are being ignored). Let's bury the hatchet, if there was one at all in the first place

To make it clear, your advice was OK except the amulet/ring part (belt is easy to craft with Aberrant + Pristine fossils). 6-link and Cherrubim's part is inside the guide itself (Early Mapping) too.

What we both forgot that's super easy damage increase - lvl 20 CA gem. It's basically given out free this league. There, easy ~80-90k dps with chest and lvl 20 CA.

Armor doesn't need a 6-link at all, making it cheap. 6-link is a small extra bonus if you can afford it. The rings/amulet tho... it's really hard to find a ring with good res and top tier life. I would only craft it myself and with 2c per lowest Envy essence... we're looking at few ex per jewellery piece. Have in mind that i always aim to be elemental weakness capped.

Anyway, i'm happy that you have a success with your version of the build. Not my cup of tea, but for softcore and for delve i bet it's good (never said it isn't).
First off thanks to both the OP for this great build and guide and also to Fluffy in-game for helping me with some gearing questions.

I've recently gotten my first 6-link and a decent belt and pushed my dps to around 92k on CA. Still in yellow maps because I'm a casual player and slow to progress, but I just found my first exalt of the league.

Any suggestions on what to upgrade next?

Thanks much!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info