[3.16][HC][ON BREAK] Caustic Arrow Raider, DoT Focused | Tanky | 6k+ Health | All Content | In-depth

"
Viktranka wrote:
To be honest you'll have a hard time to find a "league starter" that has both clear speed and single target and doesn't get mega nerfed by GGG next season because it was too good. (Yes, I'm really expecting archmage stormbrand to get dunked on.)

A lot of the "can easily kill bosses on a budget" builds get the feedback or slow / clunky map clear before sufficient investment. So it's kinda "pick your poison" type of game. Or "good clear, good bossing, cheap budget - pick 2"

Yeah thats kind of what I landed on as well. as long as I enjoy the feel of the build I think I can live with it taking a bit of time to down bosses.
Who knows, might be a good opportunity for me to really learn the mechanics of the bosses as well :D
i followed the tree progression on the leveling guide section and now i cant refund the passive points like youre showing us

in other words i cant transition from tree lvl 54 to tree lvl 54 (after respec)

those nodes just cant be refunded
"
jousef9 wrote:
i followed the tree progression on the leveling guide section and now i cant refund the passive points like youre showing us

in other words i cant transition from tree lvl 54 to tree lvl 54 (after respec)

those nodes just cant be refunded
Check my post on page 208

Your characters are private but 100% you didn't connect the tree from the other side.

Last time these points were the culprit:
Last edited by Viktranka on May 20, 2020, 2:27:44 AM
"
To be honest you'll have a hard time to find a "league starter" that has both clear speed and single target and doesn't get mega nerfed by GGG next season because it was too good. (Yes, I'm really expecting archmage stormbrand to get dunked on.)

A lot of the "can easily kill bosses on a budget" builds get the feedback or slow / clunky map clear before sufficient investment. So it's kinda "pick your poison" type of game. Or "good clear, good bossing, cheap budget - pick 2"

And I would´nt have it any other way. There would be literally no reason to play the game if the first thing you build does everything for no budget. If poe gets that easy I can go back to Dia3 :D
"
Vennto wrote:
There would be literally no reason to play the game if the first thing you build does everything for no budget.
Sometimes this happens, that build becomes super meta, and gets promptly nerfed next patch. :D
Sorry if the answer is pretty obvious by I’m totally noob at PoE (and my wife too). We’re following the guide, more or less because we're not playing HC and struggling with resistances :).
But my question is about Master Fletcher and King of the Hill. Aren’t they both extremely good to not pick them up? Or maybe Caustic Arrow is not a bow skill? Or something else I don't know...

Thanks a lot for your time and work.
"
wyrm00 wrote:
Sorry if the answer is pretty obvious by I’m totally noob at PoE (and my wife too). We’re following the guide, more or less because we're not playing HC and struggling with resistances :).
But my question is about Master Fletcher and King of the Hill. Aren’t they both extremely good to not pick them up? Or maybe Caustic Arrow is not a bow skill? Or something else I don't know...
It's about efficiency. You spend 9 points to pick that wheel. You get: 98% increased damage over time with bow skills. That's 9.8% per point spent.

Toxic strikes is 45% for 2 points. 22.5% per point. Heavy Draw + Deadly Draw is 94 for 5 points. 18.8% per point. And if you path there, you will have 2 life node areas nearby, so it's not wasted.

Or you can buy a good large cluster jewel and for 10 points (3 to slot it + 7 in the wheel) you get 119% increased and 2 jewel sockets you can put extra stuff into. Still more efficient.

Problem with King of the Hill / Master Fletcher is their budget is diluted into other stats we don't care about: crit, accuracy, damage with bows (only affects weapon damage not ability damage), attack speed (has very small value on caustic arrow once comfortable animation speed is reached to not feel sluggish, it's much better stat on skills that can continuously attack like toxic rain or barrage).

About resists, if you're playing delirium trade league and not on console, just buy items with resists, it's very easy and cheap.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/owpj3rTl
Click show filters on the top right corner and change the slot from helmet to anything else you need like rings, belt, etc., change the specific stats you need (for example rings can roll more resists but less life on average), put any other stats you need for example str / int, chaos res, movement speed on boots etc. and just check what you can buy. Unless you play SSF there's no reason not to.
"
"
wyrm00 wrote:

It's about efficiency. You spend 9 points to pick that wheel. You get: 98% increased damage over time with bow skills. That's 9.8% per point spent.

Toxic strikes is 45% for 2 points. 22.5% per point. Heavy Draw + Deadly Draw is 94 for 5 points. 18.8% per point. And if you path there, you will have 2 life node areas nearby, so it's not wasted.

Or you can buy a good large cluster jewel and for 10 points (3 to slot it + 7 in the wheel) you get 119% increased and 2 jewel sockets you can put extra stuff into. Still more efficient.

Problem with King of the Hill / Master Fletcher is their budget is diluted into other stats we don't care about: crit, accuracy, damage with bows (only affects weapon damage not ability damage), attack speed (has very small value on caustic arrow once comfortable animation speed is reached to not feel sluggish, it's much better stat on skills that can continuously attack like toxic rain or barrage).

About resists, if you're playing delirium trade league and not on console, just buy items with resists, it's very easy and cheap.
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Delirium/owpj3rTl
Click show filters on the top right corner and change the slot from helmet to anything else you need like rings, belt, etc., change the specific stats you need (for example rings can roll more resists but less life on average), put any other stats you need for example str / int, chaos res, movement speed on boots etc. and just check what you can buy. Unless you play SSF there's no reason not to.

Thanks for the full explanation, you're awesome!

We took the whole wheel because it was just at the beginning of the tree, but now we can use regret and the spare points obtained along the game. We're doing maps now (max TIER 2-3) and mobs die very easily. The problem are some bosses or delirium mobs that kill us almost immediately if we are not extra careful.

We are buying almost all the staff, following the recipe to obtain 2 chaos for a full set 60+ unidentified items.

Well, we still have a ton of information to understand but slowly we're enjoying the game. Thanks again for this amazing guide and support.
@wyrm00

If you're dying a lot even in early maps, the usual reasons are:

- not capped elemental resists (be sure you do)

- too low amount of life, you can easily get around 4k when starting maps if you pick majority of life nodes outlined in the progression tree and if all your items except weapon have good amount of life

- not using flasks, I see you have only life and mana flasks, you should have gotten some defensive flasks from quests and be sure to enable "utility flasks" to be shown in your loot filter (hope you're using one, it's big QOL to do so), using flasks like jade, quartz or basalt all the time when fighting delirium etc. will up your defensive stats and they regen when killing mobs so you can use them a lot

- you should also visit bestiary (menagerie) and craft affixes on flasks after you get them, so you get at least basic debuff removal like bleed (staunching), freeze (heat), curses (warding), it should be listed in the guide which affixes are most important but bleed & freeze has high chance of killing you, especially if you don't play a raider (I see you have a trickster) you won't be passively immune to freeze (raider has an ascendancy perk that you're immune to elemental ailments while phasing, which is very easy to have all the time)

- personally I think flesh & stone is a great defensive aura, it defaults to "sand stance" when equipped and that's the stance that provides defensive utility, and even if you lack strength to level it up to full the difference is 2% in effectiveness if I remember so it's still worth using even at lower level

- if you have problem killing bosses, remember that placing wither totems makes the boss take more damage also be sure you have despair (curse) and put it on the boss to debuff it too, you can just cast it as it is or link it with frenzy as it's outlined in the guide, but be sure you have some source of it

- chaos recipe is a great source of initial currency, good you're doing it, some people say they never get any chaos in maps but they only count raw drops not the ones they can get from selling armors

- if you don't have premium tabs another way to sell stuff like scarabs, fragments, incubators, small currency like alterations or whetstones is go to trade website and click the tab "bulk item exchange", it's kinda late in the league so not many buyers now, but earlier on I managed to sell a lot of stuff like fossils, essences etc. much faster than listing them for sale and waiting for buyers to come
We are not max at resistances yet (our top is around 37%) but it will increase as we buy some equipment.

Same as life, with the points we'll save I'm sure we can reach some life nodes and better equipment will help too. Actual life is 2800 :o

Yes, we should use more the flasks, we have all of them tunned to remove the alignments (frozen, bleed, burning...) but just the basics (life and mana). And I have a tab full of flasks to play with :D

I tunned the flasks with the proper low currency items. We still haven't gone to menagerie to unlock any recipe.

We are using Malevolence as the aura, but is offensive. I will take a look to Flesh and stone. We raid a golem to bait enemies instead, for now it is the chaos golem, but we can change to life one.

We use a lot the wither totems, as we're playing the same character, totems are always present on the screen. BUT we don't use Despair.

I got almost all the tabs, as PoE is free to play and we are enjoying both a great time we decided to support the game spending some €

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info